Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,268 members, 7,954,050 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) (7494 Views)

Drone Images Of Osun State University, Osogbo. / Unrest At FUTMINNA Since Yesterday Evening (Graphic Images) / Animal Newborns, What They Look Like(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by ibnzubair(m): 12:24am On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

Theyre supposed to get the patients consent and block their eyes like in the textbook.

And save the pictures on a database with the publisher under a contract

Yes, but most times, culture is quite a barrier.

Wait o! Are you a medic?
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by KingTom(m): 12:39am On Nov 15, 2019
saintsylve:

How does this mid scratching stops bro?
it goes away with time
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 12:56am On Nov 15, 2019
This one na STD oooh
srclark:
na this one be scabobo (nigerian boarding house scabies)
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by midnighter(f): 2:03am On Nov 15, 2019
ibnzubair:
Yes, but most times, culture is quite a barrier. Wait o! Are you a medic?

Well we have to try to change the culture...maybe if we pay them they will allow us to photograph it

Lol no oo, are you??
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by ibnzubair(m): 6:12am On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

Well we have to try to change the culture...maybe if we pay them they will allow us to photograph it

Lol no oo, are you??

Money? That's the clause that moves minds.

500 level medical student
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by midnighter(f): 6:47am On Nov 15, 2019
ibnzubair:

Money? That's the clause that moves minds.

500 level medical student

Exactly...anybody with a good publisher would be able to pay the person off. Then you can label them Patient A presenting with scabies rash in the groin... etc.

Anyway at times you will see on facebook, a doctor or nurse posing for a selfie in front of somebodys opened body during surgery, with bloody gloves which has violated the patient's dignity and is extremely unethical. But suddenly when the patient is awake or consenting, everybody is afraid to offend them doesnt make sense.

Cool smiley well done
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by ibnzubair(m): 9:00am On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

Exactly...anybody with a good publisher would be able to pay the person off. Then you can label them Patient A presenting with scabies rash in the groin... etc.

Anyway at times you will see on facebook, a doctor or nurse posing for a selfie in front of somebodys opened body during surgery, with bloody gloves which has violated the patient's dignity and is extremely unethical. But suddenly when the patient is awake or consenting, everybody is afraid to offend them doesnt make sense.

Cool smiley well done

Not much internet presence yet but give it a few years. Local books are coming up

1 Like

Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by grandstar(m): 9:43am On Nov 15, 2019
I had scabies when I was in secondary school. I remember I had 'wounds' all over my body.
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by grandstar(m): 9:50am On Nov 15, 2019
passion007:
Teaching a black population with images intended for a white population - our teaching methods are impractical, that is why we know a lot of theory, but when scabies hits real life, even OP won't recognise it because he will be looking for a pink rash and finding none on our melanated skin.

Your statements seems unnecessarily harsh. You sounded condemnatory.

A simple "Doctor, thanks for this post. It is quite educative. I would suggest next time you use a black skin as it will make us understand it better. This Oyinbo skin dey confuse me. All the same thanks"
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by midnighter(f): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2019
grandstar:

A simple "Doctor, thanks for this post. It is quite educative. I would suggest next time you use a black skin as it will make us understand it better. This Oyinbo skin dey confuse me. All the same thanks"

There was nothing wrong with what the person said...its the harsh truth that teaching resources are severely lacking in this country.

No need sugar-coating anything since it was an indictment of the impracticalities of our educational system and not OP himself
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by passion007: 10:41am On Nov 15, 2019
grandstar:

Midnighter -thanks btw- has responded in much the same way as I would have.
If you read my post, I'm pointing out that our teaching methods are inefficient. You, me, OP are all products of this system, hence I can hardly be said to be condemning the OP, nor am i being harsh.
My post clearly refers to a collective responsibility rather than singling out OP. For clarity, I said "our teaching methods..." , "we know..." . The only time I referred directly to the OP is to emphasise he's the resource person, more knowledgeable than us all on the subject, but even then, our teaching methods would make his practical knowledge less than completely perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by midnighter(f): 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
passion007:
-thanks btw-

wink
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by NairalandDoctor(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2019
Thanks for all that comment

Midnighter,KingTom,grandstar,ibnzubair,biGDhAp.

About using black people picture, in medical profession we have what we called the Consent form before you take any pictures or video for educational purpose the Paitient need to sign showing his agreement and acknowledgement if not once he sue you your license will be seized and you will be convicted for bridging of privacy.

I was BAN by the anti spam bot, that’s why I did not reply all your comments but am going to creat a post about SCABIES Treatment and Diagnosis

That is once again

Nairaland Doctor
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by midnighter(f): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2019
NairalandDoctor:
[b]About using black people picture, in medical profession we have what we called the Consent form before you take any pictures or video for educational purpose the Paitient need to sign showing his agreement and acknowledgement if not once he sue you your license will be seized and you will be convicted for bridging of privacy.

Exactly.

But scientists, doctors, medical administrators, medical lawyers and sociologists are supposed to have started doing all that by now.

Especially if you pay the patient for the photo, they would even tell you snap their whole body sef

(you forgot to thank the person who opened up this discussion)
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by NairalandDoctor(m): 10:56am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Exactly.

But scientists, doctors, medical administrators, medical lawyers and sociologists are supposed to have started doing all that by now.

Especially if you pay the patient for the photo, they would even tell you snap their whole body sef

(you forgot to thank the person who opened up this discussion)
I thank everyone my dear, and thanks once again.

Nairaland Doctor
Re: What Does Scabies Look Like? (images) by Organs(m): 1:42am On Dec 11, 2019
midnighter:

wink

Check your mail!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Admission Status How Real Is It. / Checkout This Big Mistake Everyone Make In The Banking Hall / Mechanical Engineering What Is The Cut Off Mark In Unilorin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.