Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone (49081 Views)

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / White Man Who Gave His Phone To A Black Looking At His Phone, Goes Viral / Nigerian Lady Electrocuted By Her Phone Connected To Light While Asleep(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by mechanics(m): 6:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
That was a dangerous venture, putting on ear-piece when the phone is connected to a power source is dangerous.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ifyluxx: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
Ausrichie:
It's possible for phones to start shocking while charging but killing you through wearing earpiece on top abah why did the insides of the phone not melt, why is it still working? Please electronic engineers explain?
30ma residual current ...might not damage d phone component... but surely u might b alive to tell d story
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ifyluxx: 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
jidxin:

i suspect homicide. the fucking charge on a phone cannot electrocute, the capacity of the cord cannot transmit electricity high enough to electrocute, the cnarger has been stepped down, alot of factors which completely write off any possibility of electrocution from phone
a current as low as 30milli ampere ( not up to 1 amps) is enough..... electricity no be beans o
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Tapout(m): 6:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
Trendy247:
Thats how this charger wanted to kill me with shock until I changed it..

I was always receiving shocks almost on a daily basis

toyobillz:

Lol...my own samsung charger sef wan finiish me with shock....light tho

wait I hope u guys are not joking oh. I use a Samsung and a type c charger. sad
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ArticleBeast: 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
Trendy247:
Thats how this charger wanted to kill me with shock until I changed it..

I was always receiving shocks almost on a daily basis
cheesy ;Di get the same charger o... Maybe ur own na roadside type..
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by lovingyouhun: 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
1x2x3:

5 volts can't practically harm a human severely talk more of electrocution. Don't be ignorant, Google is at your disposal.

But the guy said 4jolts a and not volt. Maybe na we no know wetin volt jolt cause na volt we know.....so i believe him/her . Don't even try to quot me just believe too, be a believer nothing spoil

1 Like

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Kennydoc(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
Darkseid:
100% not possible. The phone is even still ON, meaning that over 100V passed through the charger, didn't destroy the capacitor, regulators etc and then moved over the tiny cable to the phone, and somehow the phone survived but the guy didn't; make they go look for wetin kill the guy jor undecided

Exactly! That's a smart way to reason it.

Nobody can be electrocuted by a charging phone.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Timileyin1234(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
k2money:
I smell lies, the current of charging phones cannot kill a kid not to talk of that grown up guy
A grown man that is sleeping. Repeatedly shock from a charger on someone that is unconscious can shut down a heart
I got a s9 charger from someone, this charger was so fast it charges my iPhone X from 10 to 90 in 40minutes I like the charger but usually shock me anytime I use the charger. I bought pouch and I don’t use the charger overnight b4 the charger got burnt

2 Likes

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by BabangidaHamza(m): 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
You mean all the capacitors, diodes, resistors and the transformer inside the charger were not destroyed? And the cable allowed such high amount of voltage without damaging any component of the charger? The max a charger output can give is 5v.. From my five years in Electrical Engineering, 5v can't electrocute..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by xcelentattitude(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
I hope it's not that metal phone called HTC
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by xcelentattitude(m): 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
All this people above me sef undecided

...... 5volts can kill, 5volts cannot kill

But the guy is dead na shocked

1 Like

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by inumidun2010(m): 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
I don't need Google to prove this is possible...I once used an earpiece which gives me electric shock anytime I connect it while charging..I mean a painful shock.. I later discovered there was a metal coating inside the set ,of which the previous onés ev used was covered with plastic..I really love the earpiece because of the bass it produces, but I love my life more...dem don steal am sef

1 Like

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by themanderon: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
1x2x3:
Current from a phone charger is practically not enough to electrocute anyone.... I sense a desperate blogger.

Short circuiting can make it happen. There can be a sudden bypass of current and the full force of the voltage from the mains will be unleashed on you.
I remember I was using my laptop plugged to the mains and we were using gen cos there was no power. It was raining that fateful night and I had my earphones plugged to my laptop on my ear. Suddenly there was a lightening strike and immediately I felt a jolt running through both of my ears I had to quickly remove the earphones. Only God saved me that night though I thought with a big gen I was not supposed to experience such but I did.
Never say never.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Synthase(m): 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
I stopped using earphones while my phone is connected to a working charger when a friend told me a high voltage electric current overcharged his phone, causing an explosion. We take many things for granted, even though we're aware of the consequences.
That dude probably knew that he was taking a risk, but he couldn't resist because his desires got the best of him. What a way to die!

I had this experience recently, one part of my ear piece got removed mistakenly exposing the wire with soldier however, I noticed that I always feel this sensation of mild shock whenever I am using the good part and the exposed wire of the bad part touches my body when the phone is plugged to the charger. I didn't take it serious until the shock I felt was so intense one time, that I brought out my tester to be sure my mind was not playing some tricks on me, lo and behold! It shows significant current was flowing through! This I observe when we have what we call "full current" in this part of the world. So, i think it is quite possible to be electrocuted this way.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by 1x2x3: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
themanderon:

Short circuiting can make it happen. There can be a sudden bypass of current and the full force of the voltage from the mains will be unleashed on you.
I remember I was using my laptop plugged to the mains and we were using gen cos there was no power. It was raining that fateful night and I had my earphones plugged to my laptop on my ear. Suddenly there was a lightening strike and immediately I felt a jolt running through both of my ears I had to quickly remove the earphones. Only God saved me that night though I thought with a big gen I was not supposed to experience such but I did.
Never say never.

There is no way a battery charger can electrocute anyone. Worst case scenario is a minor shock not electrocution
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
Synthase:

I had this experience recently, one part of my ear piece got removed mistakenly exposing the wire with soldier however, I noticed that I always feel this sensation of mild shock whenever I am using the good part and the exposed wire of the bad part touches my body when the phone is plugged to the charger. I didn't take it serious until the shock I felt was so intense one time, that I brought out my tester to be sure my mind was not playing some tricks on me, lo and behold! It shows significant current was flowing through! This I observe when we have what we call "full current" in this part of the world. So, i think it is quite possible to be electrocuted this way.
Pretty scary stuff huh?
By the way, your nickname, you must be a biochemist lol.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Playermayweda(m): 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
u can get shocked by a faulty phone not electrocuted, even if its possible there will be some sort of damage to the phone or charger, this police are just trying to close the case quickly if they don't find a more meaningful reason for his death, but a word of advice sha if u are a tecno user u at ur own risk oo

2 Likes

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by BeauHomme: 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
4volts can kill, 4volts cannot kill...yap, yap, yap. Yet, there have been numerous deaths like this.

Just take precaution & don't use phones while they are charging. Devices often times give no warnings before they malfunction. Power surges never seek permission before they happen.

Use your head & stay alive. Don't allow Nairaland Isaac Newtons lead you to early grave.

1 Like

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Naijaarchive(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
The charger must be faulty.... But how come the phone is unaffected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Bahddo(m): 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Are u kidney me? 4jolts can electrocute human let alone charger.
Modified: for those of u claiming google say current from charger can not kill an average human. Continue, maybe google go give u another life we go see
don't be ignorant. It's voltage that kills and chargers deliver like 5v - 9v DC

Cannot possibly electrocute anyone. Something else killed him.

1 Like

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Synthase(m): 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
Pretty scary stuff huh? By the way, your nickname, you must be a biochemist lol.
Lol, that's how we roll bro...
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
It almost happened to me...this shit is real ooo..thank God am alive
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Timileyin1234(m): 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
xcelentattitude:

U don vex

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
xcelentattitude:

His phone n charger didn't kill him
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
inumidun2010:
I don't need Google to prove this is possible...I once used an earpiece which gives me electric shock anytime I connect it while charging..I mean a painful shock.. I later discovered there was a metal coating inside the set ,of which the previous onés ev used was covered with plastic..I really love the earpiece because of the bass it produces, but I love my life more...dem don steal am sef

A phone, charger n an ear piece cannot shock anyone to death
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
themanderon:

Never say never.

The wire of ur ear piece cannot carry such current

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
BeauHomme:
4volts can kill, 4volts cannot kill...yap, yap, yap. Yet, there have been numerous deaths like this.

Just take precaution & don't use phones while they are charging. Devices often times give no warnings before they malfunction. Power surges never seek permission before they happen.

Use your head & stay alive. Don't allow Nairaland Isaac Newtons lead you to early grave.

There has never been a single death like this anywhere on earth.

Stop believing rubbish composed by bloggers
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
I stopped using earphones while my phone is connected to a working charger when a friend told me a high voltage electric current overcharged his phone, causing an explosion. We take many things for granted, even though we're aware of the consequences.
That dude probably knew that he was taking a risk, but he couldn't resist because his desires got the best of him. What a way to die!

Nigerians are aggressively ignorant
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

brother lienus

but during spiked and thunderstorms a phone charger can pass more than 10,000 volts which can kill anybody using the phone at the moment if the phone is plugged to mains

Nigerian youths are very ignorant.

Anyway slowpoke dey ur name sha grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? / Useful Android Hidden Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.