Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,309 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone (49065 Views)

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / White Man Who Gave His Phone To A Black Looking At His Phone, Goes Viral / Nigerian Lady Electrocuted By Her Phone Connected To Light While Asleep(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
Olayinka8793:
Either he was using a dangerously faulty charger or there was a sudden spike in the electric current.
R.I.P

Still impossible.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
Trendy247:
Thats how this charger wanted to kill me with shock until I changed it..

I was always receiving shocks almost on a daily basis

Fake News.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
Ikem11:

voltage doesn't kill what actually kills is the current. A little 5jolts can kill depending on pass and time of current

Nope, u are quite wrong.

Before anyone can die from electrocution, 32V must pass thru their heart alone.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
ifyluxx:
charger has a transformer that step down d voltage and a rectifier dats converts ac to dc.

think of what will happen wen the transformer and rectifier go bad.....the whole 220v will pass through ur body.

prevention is better than cure.

This is a fake explanation
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
ifyluxx:
oga is possible especially when the building is not properly earthed.

Nigerians are very ignorant
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
BravoDe:

There's this my roomie in one year like that that likes using earpiece while charging his phone to watch movie, I told him its risks and even showed him a news that relates
Guess what? he yielded to what I said and stopped using it but when we had a disagreement bout sth he started using it again forming strong head that I can't control him.
Though I don't wish him bad but whenever he uses it, na to shift commot WHR im dey ni o, cause I like myself.

Phone charger can't kill
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Zwegga(m): 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
This is pure fuckery there's no way that this guy died from the use of the phone, if so why is the phone still on?
They should check his drinks maybe someone spiked them who knows.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by OwoukoUrua(m): 12:09am On Nov 15, 2019
A faulty charger and a metal casing can work wonders . . . I remember once at a barber's shop,I was trying to shift someone's phone that was already plugged in so I can plug mine,the shock wey I receive no be here o.To make matters worse,the owner just asked mockingly "e shock you?".
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by NiklauseFred(m): 4:23am On Nov 15, 2019
wittyt98:
Observing This post on my handset in bed with the charger n earpiece plugged in like..
grin grin grin next news loading....
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by NiklauseFred(m): 4:24am On Nov 15, 2019
I can't wait for my mom to share this news for me on my timeline tomorrow morning grin grin
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by femi4: 5:10am On Nov 15, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Are u kidney me? 4jolts can electrocute human let alone charger.
Modified: for those of u claiming google say current from charger can not kill an average human. Continue, maybe google go give u another life we go see
Ignorant kill you there
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by shadeyinka(m): 5:25am On Nov 15, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

brother lienus

but during spiked and thunderstorms a phone charger can pass more than 10,000 volts which can kill anybody using the phone at the moment if the phone is plugged to mains
But then, the cable will show burnt sign!

1 Like

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by yuckmouth: 5:25am On Nov 15, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Are u kidney me? 4jolts can electrocute human let alone charger.
Modified: for those of u claiming google say current from charger can not kill an average human. Continue, maybe google go give u another life we go see
grin
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ifyluxx: 6:33am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The wire of ur ear piece cannot carry such current
it will acts as a conductor to complete the circuit......don't joke with leakage current
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ifyluxx: 6:38am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Fake News.
so what yo know.....
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ifyluxx: 6:40am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Nope, u are quite wrong.

Before anyone can die from electrocution, 32V must pass thru their heart alone.
30 ma is enough to kill and not 32v
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ifyluxx: 6:43am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:

This is a fake explanation
a defective appliances most of the time allowed leak current. u are very safe if the leak current goes to ground. but u might not b lucky if its passes through ur body to complete the circuit.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ifyluxx: 6:45am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Nigerians are very ignorant
where did u read ur own electrical engineering oga pls study more on earthing ,residual current and rccb. and stop disgracing ur profession.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by jaxxy(m): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2019
This is either a hoax or a rare occurrence bt with the fine still on it’s likely a hoax or unconfirmed story.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by ifyluxx: 7:07am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Phone charger can't kill
its can kill

check ur charger plug ..input power its can be between 400ma and 1amp,depend on the type of charger.

a current of 30ma(far less than 1amp) is enough to kill you..if u are unlucky
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Solacemk: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2019
Fake News. Haha

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Hhenryy: 8:17am On Nov 15, 2019
iamjavadem:
Phone have a maximum of 12v from charger which is not enough to kill anything. Know ur facts before u comment.

1x2x3:

5 volts can't practically harm a human severely talk more of electrocution. Don't be ignorant, Google is at your disposal.

The problem with this modern designs (Transformerless) is that the 220/250V from the mains is most times not completely isolated from the output, and leakage is very possible unlike the old designs that make use of a transformer for step-down and complete isolation.

The only advantage it has is light weight and they are more portable. Otherwise, the transformer designs are still the best and safest.

So you have to be careful with the way you handle these chargers especially touching the tip (output) because those Capacitors, resistors and zener diode combination used in isolation can still leak part of the 220/250V from the mains and it can be fatal.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 15, 2019
ifyluxx:
its can kill

check ur charger plug ..input power its can be between 400ma and 1amp,depend on the type of charger.

Proof pls
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 15, 2019
ifyluxx:
where did u read ur own electrical engineering oga pls study more on earthing ,residual current and rccb. and stop disgracing ur profession.

Stop dabbling into thing u don't know n using terminoligies that u don't even know it's meaning.

A phone charger cannot pass 32V to the human heart and thus can never on any account cause death.

Make una stop being ignorant, the guys phone is still on n wasn't damaged after transmitting over 200 volts.

Nigerians are aggressively n proudly ignorant.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2019
ifyluxx:
a defective appliances most of the time allowed leak current. u are very safe if the leak current goes to ground. but u might not b lucky if its passes through ur body to complete the circuit.

Not when a phone is the defective appliance. It phone charger simply can't transmit so much voltage to pass on 32volts to ur heart n kill u. 200V will simply destroy the charges and even the phone...yet the phone is still there and it's on.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 15, 2019
ifyluxx:
30 ma is enough to kill and not 32v

Are u well?

30MA of electricity is 0.03 volts, how can that kill am insect grin grin, talk more of a Man.

Nigerians are aggressively ignorant.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Timileyin1234(m): 9:18am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Proof pls
Get Samsung charger, cut the cord mouth, put the bare wires on ur self and sleep. Let’s see how it goes. Let the wire be on ur thorax

Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 15, 2019
ifyluxx:
it will acts as a conductor to complete the circuit......don't joke with leakage current

Oga 200 Volts cannot be transmitted on an ear piece wire.

U guys should seek knowledge abeg, stop being more ignorant.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Timileyin1234(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Not when a phone is the defective appliance. It phone charger simply can't transmit so much voltage to pass on 32volts to ur heart n kill u. 200V will simply destroy the charges and even the phone...yet the phone is still there and it's on.
Tell me phone charger input rating
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 15, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Tell me phone charger input rating

100 - 240 Volts.

Samsung smartphone charger.

Now tell me the output rating.
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Get Samsung charger, cut the cord mouth, put the bare wires on ur self and sleep. Let’s see how it goes. Let the wire be on ur thorax

Speaking like someone that studied pub admin grin
Re: Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2019
ifyluxx:
its can kill

Am 100% sure u don't know what 30ma is cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? / Useful Android Hidden Codes / Xiao Wang Is Disabled, 7 Years After Selling His Kidney For IPhone 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.