Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? (24422 Views)

Highlight From Davido Concept In Dubai (video, Picture) / Sir Shina Peters Celebrates 60th Birthday Party In Lagos And London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Omolomo4eva(m): 6:37am On Nov 15, 2019
Africanx n d way we reason at times baffles me,wit d way tinx r goin,dont be stupified if AU,ECOWAS meetins r bein held in oda continents.Africa,my Africa!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by error4040: 6:38am On Nov 15, 2019
How can Such Festival hold in Africa when The Giant of African Can't Boost of 20hrs Steady Electricity

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Wiseoldman: 6:38am On Nov 15, 2019
dominique:
I think the aim of the organizers is to export and promote African music to the world.

That is not logical. How does this benefit Africa? You fly to an African concert in Dubai, pay foreign airlines for ticket, pay for hotel in Dubai, pay for accommodation in Dubai, pay for sight seeing, etc. There is a reason why Oscar will only hold in US, or why Grammy wont be moved to Lagos next year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Anazp: 6:45am On Nov 15, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
1. You can't afford to host it
2. Need to export the music to a wider audience
3. Logistics
AND SOUTH AFRICA HOSTED THE WORLD CUP THE BIGGEST SINGLE SPORT EVENT IN THE WORLD

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by JaSe2lopez56(f): 6:46am On Nov 15, 2019
Hello I’m new here..I’m married but I’m traveling alone to Uk for a short visit.. I just want to know if I need to submit marriage certificate to apply for uk visa as one my supporting document
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by AkupeMBANO(m): 6:55am On Nov 15, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Hmmm Exactly. OP u have ur answer here.
there is no answer anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Roon9(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
Blakjewelry:
just following their presidents footsteps

Ouch.... Truth burns
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by zone51: 7:05am On Nov 15, 2019
Login12:
I don't want to say it's a display of inferiority

It's 100% undecided
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Anazp:
AND SOUTH AFRICA HOSTED THE WORLD CUP THE BIGGEST SINGLE SPORT EVENT IN THE WORLD
The World Cup is a guaranteed money spinner; Federal Governments get in on the act not so with music festivals, they're usually private affairs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 15, 2019
JaSe2lopez56:
Hello I’m new here..I’m married but I’m traveling alone to Uk for a short visit.. I just want to know if I need to submit marriage certificate to apply for uk visa as one my supporting document
If you're very hot, just submit your bikini pics at theembassy, then pray and fast undecided
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by nasoeb: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Hmmm
Exactly.
OP u have ur answer here.
Haven't we been seeing and even have almost every aspect of our culture and tradition replaced by those of western cultures ranging from food, dressing, health care, etc. Yet never had the americans nor germans come to africa to host a culture festival, they simply use technology and media to show us this things. So why cant we just do it here in africa and use the same technology and media to furking ahow it to the world.
This excuse of going there showcasing africa is just lame. The target should be "africa first" emphazises shouldn't be doing it to show the western world, it should be first to build bridges between africans and integrating our core believes and values first. As well as learning to look inward amongst ourselves and believe we have all it takes to be great.
Whatever we want in africa, I tell you we can achieve it if we realy, truly want to have it, is it weaponry, education, techs and gadget, road construction, minerals and natural resources, we can if we want to because we have ao many nations within africa and if one does not have it the other will furking have it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by LajaLaba: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2019
Esseite:
This is an opportunity for Africa to showcase its culture and tourism, it being rotated around African countries yearly would be a show worth looking upto in coming years.

at the same time build that connection between Africans, aswell as show the world Africa is not all that the International media may portray it to be.

This is an opportunity to showcase Africa, build employment, build commerce, encourage African travels, build tourism etc... but Africans would always be Africans.

Why name the show African music Festival and not hold it in an African country.

If you dont promote your own, how do you even think the world would regard your own.

My 2 cents..
Go sit down
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by LajaLaba: 7:27am On Nov 15, 2019
Anazp:
What a joke grin
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by LajaLaba: 7:28am On Nov 15, 2019
nasoeb:

Haven't we been seeing and even have almost every aspect of our culture and tradition replaced by those of western cultures ranging from food, dressing, health care, etc. Yet never had the americans nor germans come to africa to host a culture festival, they simply use technology and media to show us this things. So why cant we just do it here in africa and use the same technology and media to furking ahow it to the world.
This excuse of going there showcasing africa is just lame. The target should be "africa first" emphazises shouldn't be doing it to show the western world, it should be first to build bridges between africans and integrating our core believes and values first. As well as learning to look inward amongst ourselves and believe we have all it takes to be great.
Whatever we want in africa, I tell you we can achieve it if we realy, truly want to have it, is it weaponry, education, techs and gadget, road construction, minerals and natural resources, we can if we want to because we have ao many nations within africa and if one does not have it the other will furking have it.
Go sleep abeg
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 15, 2019
LajaLaba:
Go sit down

You made no input... on an initiative to encourage Africa, all you have contributed is "go sit down"..

Am sure the BBN last season held in Nigeria had more impact, more reach out and local contribution to Nigeria..

No matter how we may dislike Africa, we can not change being African.
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Switruth:
Cos that’s where all their navels are buried.

cheesy
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2019
The world can not genuinely love a people who don’t love themselves
It’s sad
We should love ourselves (Africa) and then the world would come to us and want and love and adulate us
I will keep dreaming of this until it comes true

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by GEEBITE: 7:40am On Nov 15, 2019
Please do not scratch your head further,there is nothing in these shows all over the world than money laundering and capital flight by Paul O for all the companies involved. Nduka Obaigbena was doing it too in the early 2000s till the bubble got burst. Thisday music festival was even better as they were bringing high profile artistes from all over the world to Nigeria.
Esseite:
This is an opportunity for Africa to showcase its culture and tourism, it being rotated around African countries yearly would be a show worth looking upto in coming years.

at the same time build that connection between Africans, aswell as show the world Africa is not all that the International media may portray it to be.

This is an opportunity to showcase Africa, build employment, build commerce, encourage African travels, build tourism etc... but Africans would always be Africans.

If you dont promote your own, how do you even think the world would regard your own.

My 2 cents..
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 15, 2019
LajaLaba:
Go sit down

That’s your contribution to that great post?
I am very ashamed on your behalf
Jeez

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by akin9ja78(m): 7:40am On Nov 15, 2019
dominique:
I think the aim of the organizers is to export and promote African music to the world.

No they dont need to export anything People can view on youtube, our celebrities are useless this is why i dont look at them

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by nogragra: 7:47am On Nov 15, 2019
Esseite:

My 2 cents..

You're right bru, charity they say begins at home. Why Africans hate and trivialize their own things. Only the devil knows why he dealt with Africans with so much inferiority complex all over the place and backward mentality coupled with lack of Love. So shameful we cry that Africa is backward, Africa is poor, Africa is not developed. These are some of the minor things that take away our very own endowment by God, which I must say, is comparable to none in the world. Aren't we ourselves the ones that enslave ourselves, and cart away our very own resources out of selfishness and self aggrandizement and no care in the world? Other people are cashing in on our own heritage, resources and culture while we toil for their benefit. I think someone need to sell a thinking hat to Africans.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Victorex001(m): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2019
dominique:

Why do Africa/Africans constantly need validation from the world In every area??

The Westerners don’t bring down their festival here to promote shit.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Dextre(m): 8:04am On Nov 15, 2019
dominique:

Maybe...but it's an African fest,it should be done in Africa. Have you even seen the Americans carry coachella to France abi Germany b4 saying dey want to go and promote music dere. Na Dubai dem wan go promote African music?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by jubrilELsudan: 8:06am On Nov 15, 2019
Because Africa can't unite.

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 15, 2019
It's because foolish fans keep applauding them whatever they do.

Um follow them on social media and shun their concerts to show your displeasure.

How many of their fans can afford a flight ticket to these places?

If they have international fans, isn't this the right time to get them to come to Africa and experience Africa's warm climate and warm reception?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by dadexcel: 8:19am On Nov 15, 2019
dominique:
......I beg to disagree ...the world is now a global village ..internet and cable tv makes that possible...we can host the festival in Africa and showcase it to the world....it's just our inferioritycomplex as Africans that makes them take a full fledged African show to UAE.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by moyin2009: 8:24am On Nov 15, 2019
We neglect our own economy to build others. That is lack of wisdom. Celebrating Africa and Africans in another continents. Do you know how much they will realize from hotel, tickets, air flight tickets, foods and drinks that will be consumed if done in any of the Africa country. What is wrong been black?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by Clementor(m): 8:30am On Nov 15, 2019
Switruth:
Cos that’s where all their navels are buried.

them even bury their placenta.
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by meobizy(f): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2019
My assumption is if it held in Nigeria OP won’t attend the event. He/she opened this thread for attention. Somebody else explained it better: the show is an export of our music. We already have a big audience in Africa. What we need is a more racially diverse collection of listeners hence the show taking place around the world instead of Magodo and Ajegunle.
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by MedicH: 9:05am On Nov 15, 2019
would u rather have a festival in a hellhole, or jungle of wild forest?
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by aadoiza: 9:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Because Africa is merely a graveyard for the rich.
Re: Why Is The AFRICAN Music Fest Holding In Dubai, Newyork and London? by JastSiryin(m): 9:14am On Nov 15, 2019
dominique:
Yeah this fact can't be disputed but it also exposes some sorta failing on our part. They(Europeans and others) don't seem to go through much of a hassle exporting their culture over here because, admit it or not, the average educated African is very much fixated on it. I mean we spend alot more money consuming their culture than we do ours. But that's because they've built up a reputation of sophistication and expertise. Why can't we do the same?

Why do we think we have to strive to gain their recognition? The only thing we'd achieve there is putting money into their economy. Money that would've been made here through tourism.

For better or for worse there would always be wrong signals sent by such a move, one being that Africa ain't a place to be except you wanna stay in a Safari and see Wildlife. grin

I know I'm being a bit one-sided but this is what I think should be the topmost priority of festival organizers. Let's establish ourselves first, and they'll come in droves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Amazing: See The World Biggest Snake Anaconda! @ Www.naijaboss.com / PHOTOS From The Phyno-Fest Show In Onitsha / Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.