Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Is This Snake Venomous? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is This Snake Venomous? (709 Views)

Is This Snake Venomous? / I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. / Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Snake Venomous? by Cutezt(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
I parked into a house around Ajah sometime last year, the very first day I came into the house to wash it before moving in, I killed this green snake on top of a palm kernel tree inside the house, even though the tree was a bit far from my flat, I became alert.

I was told that it was not harmful though, but i hate snakes, I've seen a few on the same tree once in a while, so today, around 7pm,my dogs were sitting when they saw me, and when they do that, it means they want paw paw, they so much love paw paw, so I wanted to go and pluck one behind the house, on stepping to the back of the house, I saw something creeping on the floor, so I shone my light, only for me to see this serpent trying to escape, I swiftly finished it off tho, but i don't know what specie it is, I want to know if it is venomous so I can park out of this house when my rent expires by April.
That was how my paw paw mission was aborted Sha, before one snake will fall on my body while trying to pluck one.

#NOTE - I have killed little snakes that looks like this around the house before

Lalasticlala please help me.

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Cutezt(m): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
Here is the green snake I have seen a few times and killed

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Mightyhaiz: 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Lol,..in Notorious BIG voice,i'm gon blast squeeze first, ask questions last,... Omo,I kill the snake first and check anything I need to check last... It's safer for me that way.

Looks like a garter snake tho.. Heard they are not poisonous,... Not that it changes anything
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by divabolanle: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
lemme ask google, brb
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by scrapNG: 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
sapent... Ejo Paramole ... Ejo oloro
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by thesicilian: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
Looks like a brown leather belt.
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
Dont stay here and be asking us.. put your hand inside the mouth and see!

You would get your answer prompt and plain.

Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
No its fish
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by SalamRushdie: 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
Those green snakes are indigenes of Ajah because everyone I know that lives in Ajah see them all the time
Re: Is This Snake Venomous? by CooldudeX1: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Op that's a mamba, it is highly venomous.

(1) (Reply)

CM2 1 Year Activation Renewal / 10 Ways Hackers Get Into Your Bank Account In Nigeria / Top 6 Ways To Make Money With Cryptocurrency 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.