Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? (52482 Views)

Is This Snake Venomous? / How Poisonous Is This? (photo) / Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Zammzammm: 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
Please nairalanders i need information about this snake. The snake is very common in eti osa area of Lagos.

This is the second one that I have killed this year in my compound . There are undeveloped plot of land around my compound, I suspect that they come from there I need to know the specie, and if they are venomous and poisonous.

Thanks for anticipated assistance

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
Oga just fumigate that whole place. Even if this isn't venomous, there might more dangerous ones lurking.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Zammzammm: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
JudgeOGBUNABALI:
Oga just fumigate that whole place. Even if this isn't venomous, there might more dangerous ones lurking.
Been fumigating for years and I still have this snake once in a while in my compound

11 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
Oga lala, help the OP out.

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
Dunno but most likely venomous
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Zammzammm: 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Dunno but most likely venomous
This snake cannot drive me out of my house. Please house I need more information as you all know information is power

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
Zammzammm:

This snake cannot drive me out of my house
Just that you won't update us when it does grin

173 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
It's venompoisonous..

BDW what do you stand to gain if you know it's poisonous or venomous

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by manny4u(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2019
Ighoga898:
It's venompoisonous..

BDW what do you stand to gain if you know it's poisonous or venomous
It would help him make contingency plans incase their is a snake bite in his house.

124 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2019
When the news is not bout regina or tonto dikeh

Lalasticlala, please do the needful

4 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Ikem11(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lala just viewing the snake with microscope

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by freemanbubble: 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
Is like you are young, dumb and broke

That is called garter snake you moronn
Very harmless

Too many electrons, protons, neutrons and morons in this universe

These are friendly garter snakes and different from cobra

The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend.
If you keep your cool, a human - garter snake cohabitation is very possible.

Even the cobra self they only bite to defend
Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

There is no way you can be bitten by a snake in a residential building
Which means they respect us
So lets learn how to respect them
Please lets learn to live and stay with this beautiful creature called snake

36 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by lexy2014: 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:
Please nairalanders i need information about this snake. The snake is very common in eti osa area of Lagos.

This is the second one that I have killed this year in my compound . There are undeveloped plot of land around my compound, I suspect that they come from there I need to know the specie, and if they are venomous and poisonous.

Where exactly in etiosa did u experience this?

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by morzook(m): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Check the teeth. Venomous snakes have fangs to inject their venoms

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by jeff1607(m): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
venom or poisonous
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by IjebuWarrior: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
cool
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Dandsome: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nairaland.com. A place where not to get advice and suggestions.

Op open the mouth and check if it has fangs. That's a sign of a poisonous snake.

Most poisonous snakes have broad heads

4 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by rastaLivity: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
The only thing I know about that snake is that it is a reptile

11 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by ajayiopy: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:

I HATE SNAKE

6 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Was that a question why don't you experiment on it let the snake bite you then tell us how you feel
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by KIDfurniture(m): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
It is....buy plenty bitter kola...
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by UKordietrying: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
More pictures please. Does it look like this? Probably a Grater snake.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by GeneralPula: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:

Snakes are generally shy animals and you don’t just find them at your house without the following;
Food source
Places to hide(Cool damp areas)
Availability of shelter under scrap metal, wood piles, trash

Things to do;
Remove their food sources, dont leave pet food out and store animal feed in tight containers.(If you got pet)

One of the most surest way of chasing them off is by introducing a cat into your compound. Meow Moew & watch em snakes staying off! The moment one of em snakes jam the cat in your compound, they’ll all disappear! You’ll hardly find snakes near any Cat Family!

Don’t be scared sha. Tho I’m not sure of the name but this particular snake is not gonna attack you. It’s not as if there are snakes without venom, it’s just that not all snakes attack!

19 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by morzook(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
and this should help

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by arantess: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
This is a ribbon snake,
Good news it's non poisonous
They eat toads, frogs, salamanders so don't worry it's not coming for you

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Canadanow: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Some of us just dey read comment to see if it's venomous or not and to see the name of the snake. Shey na lie? cool wink

156 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by adaweezy(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nigeria is in trouble if no one can answer this question.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Ikem11(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
morzook:
Check the teeth. Venomous snakes have fangs to inject their venoms

All snakes does the only different is that some venoms isn't that high. No snake doesn't have venoms and all bites

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by christianzest: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
the snake is not a deadly kind, looks familair, will post the control tips

4 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Skyfornia(m): 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
Any snake is a snake...I can't come and die thinking some are not deadly.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by flowx(m): 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
Come to Badore, Addo, Thomas Estate. Just go anywhere near bush you must see this creature...
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Mikebless41(f): 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
This of type of Snake is poisonous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BIG Crocodile Caught Alive In Imo At Ota-mmiri River, Ihiagwa (Photos) / See The Long Python Killed By My Cousins This Morning / Top 10 Predictions Of Notradamus(d Man Dat Saw Tomorrow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.