Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,674 members, 7,827,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. (471 Views)

Doctors Please Help: I'm Having Weak Erection / COVID-19: Stop Revealing Details Of Drugs Used For Treatment- FG Warns Survivors / Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. by Enchantaurl(f): 8:12am On Nov 15, 2019
Good morning, everyone.

So my kid sister who has SCD was diagnosed of a swollen spleen and we were told her PCV was low(12%)
We were asked to do blood transfusion. Problem is we don't have the money for it right now. embarassed

Is it possible for us to boost her blood naturally within a week? I know of ugu but don't know how fast it works.

Please help, I'm so confused. She's so down. cry cry

CC: lalasticlala
Ishilove
Please take this to front page as this is urgent.
Re: Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. by Enchantaurl(f): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
So y'all just viewed without commenting
Re: Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. by MedicH: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
that ugu according to my mother works like charm in increasing blood volume. she uses it on us years back. i think u should have started the remedy aggressively without wasting time considering it cant bring any harm. however, do keep in touch with a medical expert for neccessary texts to be carried ou
Re: Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. by Adalasy: 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
Enchantaurl:
Good morning, everyone.

So my kid sister who has SCD was diagnosed of a swollen spleen and we were told her PCV was low(12%)
We were asked to do blood transfusion. Problem is we don't have the money for it right now. embarassed

Is it possible for us to boost her blood naturally within a week? I know of ugu but don't know how fast it works.

Please help, I'm so confused. She's so down. cry cry

CC: lalasticlala
Ishilove
Please take this to front page as this is urgent.

Hello Madam. Sorry about your kid sister. I am an alternative medicine practitioner from ghana and can tell you what works in these emergency situation you are in.

Go and get some pawpaw leaves. The Pawpaw tree is readily available in most places. Wash the leaves properly and either squeeze out the juice or put in a mortar and pound out the juice. It is only the leaf you must use and not the stalk.

Give her 2 tablespoons of the juice in the morning and same at night. She will not only have her blood platelets count boosted but also her red blood cell count.

Be consistent with this and she would always have enough blood in her.

Learn to ensure she always eats green leafy vegetables as they are a great source of vitamin K and vitamin K is very good for those who frequently suffer low blood counts like SCD patients
Re: Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. by Enchantaurl(f): 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
Adalasy:

Hello Madam. Sorry about your kid sister. I am an alternative medicine practitioner from ghana and can tell you what works in these emergency situation you are in.

Go and get some pawpaw leaves. The Pawpaw tree is readily available in most places. Wash the leaves properly and either squeeze out the juice or put in a mortar and pound out the juice. It is only the leaf you must use and not the stalk.

Give her 2 tablespoons of the juice in the morning and same at night. She will not only have her blood platelets count boosted but also her red blood cell count.

Be consistent with this and she would always have enough blood in her.

Learn to ensure she always eats green leafy greens as they are a great source of vitamin K and vitamin K is very good for those who frequently suffer low blood counts like SCD patients
Thank you very much. Please do you have an idea if it has iron? As she doesn't need iron.
Re: Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. by Enchantaurl(f): 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
MedicH:
that ugu according to my mother works like charm in increasing blood volume. she uses it on us years back. i think u should have started the remedy aggressively without wasting time considering it cant bring any harm. however, do keep in touch with a medical expert for neccessary texts to be carried ou
thanks.
Re: Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. by Adalasy: 10:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
Enchantaurl:
Thank you very much. Please do you have an idea if it has iron? As she doesn't need iron.

There is iron content in much of what we eat. What you should concern yourself with is the volume of iron in those meals.

A 1 cup or 145 gram serving of raw papaya pieces contains 0.36 milligrams of iron. This amount supplies 4.5 percent of a man's 8-milligram recommended daily allowance of iron, and 2 percent of a woman's 18-milligram daily requirement.

As you can see, 0.36 milligrams is from 1 cup and what i am referring to is 2 tablespoons morning and another 2 at night which means the iron is rather insignificant.

I treat SCD sufferers so i know what i am saying.
Re: Sickle Cell Survivors/pediatric Doctors Please Help. by Enchantaurl(f): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
Adalasy:

There is iron content in much of what we eat. What you should concern yourself with is the volume of iron in those meals.

A 1 cup or 145 gram serving of raw papaya pieces contains 0.36 milligrams of iron. This amount supplies 4.5 percent of a man's 8-milligram recommended daily allowance of iron, and 2 percent of a woman's 18-milligram daily requirement.

As you can see, 0.36 milligrams is from 1 cup and what i am referring to is 2 tablespoons morning and another 2 at night which means the iron is rather insignificant.

I treat SCD sufferers so i know what i am saying.
Thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

How To Stay Healthy During This Holiday / Coronavirus Confirmed As Pandemic By World Health Organization / Africa's Statistics Of COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.