Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) (73439 Views)

Lightning Strike Kills Referee During Football Match In Niger State (Photos) / COVID-19: Stop Revealing Details Of Drugs Used For Treatment- FG Warns Survivors / 11 Female Burn Survivors Come Together For A Beautiful Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2018
The odds of getting struck by lightning in any given year are about 1 in 300,000. And although roughly 90% of those struck survive, the electrical discharge scars some of them with a tattoo-like mark, known as the Lichtenberg figure. But that’s not all.
And although roughly 90% of those struck survive, the electrical discharge scars some of them with a tattoo-like mark

It is known as the Lichtenberg figure

A lightning bolt can heat the surrounding air to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit (27,760 degrees Celsius)This is five times hotter than the sun

A cloud-to-ground strike cal also contain up to 1 billion volts of electricity shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by Excallibur(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2018
But why the black guy own bad pass or is lightning racist?

1136 Likes 80 Shares

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2018
E be like say na fire burn the black guy.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2018
Excallibur:
lol the thing tire me o

217 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2018
When this amount of energy enters your body, it short-circuits the small electrical signals that run the heart, lungs, and nervous system

This can lead to cardiac arrest, seizures, brain injury, spinal cord damage, and amnesia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:13am On Aug 27, 2018
Excallibur:
That one has a tachere touch of Amado ha and a go ahead nod from Sango grin grin

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2018
For example, it can bore holes in your retina and cause cataracts (cloudings of the lenses)

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2018
Lalasticlala will not like this

Unfortunately for men, lightning can also induce impotence and decrease libido in general

Source: https://www.boredpanda.com/scars-after-surviving-lightning-strike-lichtenberg-figures-photos/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2018
Scary stuff though.

How can this be avoided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2018
oneda:
Unfortunately for men, lightning can also induce impotence and decrease libido in general
Very unfortunate. Preek no go dey work well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2018
The Lichtenberg figures are the results of the lightning moving toward the surface of the body.
When it forces the red blood cells out of your capillaries.

1 Like

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:23am On Aug 27, 2018
This OP really knows about thunders and lightnings.

Abeg how I fit take send thunder to people wey dey worry me

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
Scary stuff though.

How can this be avoided
You can't avoid it really although precautions can be taken like installing good thunder and lightning arrestor
But one billion volts of electricity can hardly be stopped

1 Like

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by Waakanda: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2018
Why the black man own come different

4 CV Samples that secure jobs effortlessly written by an HR Expert and commended by all: www..com/cv-samples ... No excuse for not getting your desired job.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by dominique(f): 10:39am On Aug 27, 2018
They should thank their stars they survived that kind of extreme electrocution, a lot of people were not so lucky

4 Likes

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:39am On Aug 27, 2018
A man called Winston Kemp was struck by lightning back in 2011. Ironically, the man is an electrician cheesy
“I went outside to save my pumpkins. After that, I was going back inside”
“I just know it struck in our neighbor’s backyard, and it was bright and loud. I didn’t feel anything I just came back inside like nothing was wrong. Umm…my arm was sore. It was maybe an hour before I saw the marks”

2 Likes

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2018
And they can also engrave fields of grass

golf courses can really highlight these Lichtenberg figures

They are named after the German physicist Georg Christoph Lichtenberg who originally discovered and studied them

Source:
https://www.boredpanda.com/scars-after-surviving-lightning-strike-lichtenberg-figures-photos/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by owelle22(m): 10:46am On Aug 27, 2018
Make this kin thunder fire our politicians

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by oneda(m): 10:53am On Aug 27, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
This OP really knows about thunders and lightnings.

Abeg how I fit take send thunder to people wey dey worry me
Ask dominique or Sissy3 if you ask lala or Seun that means you're really looking for matured thunder.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by itiswellandwell: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ohh boy
Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by tstx(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
wtfcff
Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by tstx(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
wtf
Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Racism
Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by HopeAlive14(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
God have mercy!

3 Likes

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by adecz: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
Black man own must different... undecided undecided

19 Likes

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by Biggty(m): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
This one is in built tattoo

6 Likes

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by Realname: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
Thor should calm down

Haba

12 Likes

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by 9japrof(m): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
wink

1 Like

Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by Opinionated: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) by thaoriginator: 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
Na will thunder come strike Saraki? shockedshockedshocked

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baby Born With 3 Joysticks In Iraq / Dieffenbachia Can Kill A Child In Less Than A Minute And An Adult In 15 / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.