Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,219 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest (21892 Views)

Ozekhome: Goodluck Jonathan Is Eminently & Constitutionally Qualified To Run / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Eminently Qualified To Rule Nigeria ― Amaechi / Aggrieved APC Members Have Right To Go To Court – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by Wantedmiller: 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
Slynation:
Exactly why u should have avoided my post since u don't have common sense.... All this Buhari fans, u guys never cease to stop amazing me!!
If you want people to avoid ur post........ then avoid dropping trash.
Any time someone ask questions....... the person turns to Buhari fan!
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by TGM2015: 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
CACjide:
The grounds on which the judgment is base is good as far as I am concern. But why first dismissed the appeal and now start giving reasons for the dismissal today? It looks somehow to me.
Some people keep criticizing Buhari all because they want Atiku, I must say you people are still part of this country problem. Among the vibrant and educated youth that contested the last election, we see no one to support than the old men that have records of "killing" this country?
hush15:
You know, this new chief justice will end up destroying this country with its frivolous reasons for not hearing a case. You threw a case out before you could tender the reason sef is enough to display the courts prejudice but what do we know, that's why the displaced Onnoghen.

Like that ain't petty enough, then how can they claim that over voting didn't occur when a rep from Buhari's constituency stood up in the chambers to claim that even in house which is just a few kilometres from border that is lawlessly handled, the network doesn't read any Nigerian network but orange from a neighborhouring country and he even wonder stones if he is still in Nigeria
There is nothing unusual in the way the judgement was delivered. The first judgement to upheld or dismissed any case is my majority decisions of the judges presiding a case. So if we have 5 judges and 3 out of 5 in their judgement write-up (using layman English) dismissed a case the Court will announced that the case has been dismissed so as not to hold any national/private/public activities/transactions that maybe waiting for the judgement.

After that, the court will consolidate all the 5 judges "judgement write-up", send it to each judges for review before finally reading the consolidated judgements decision/write-up on the floor of the court. Each write-ups contain reasons for or against the case before the court.
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by Niaja4real(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
vicdom:

https://punchng.com/buhari-eminently-qualified-to-contest-supreme-court/

Primary school certificate or a record of attempted schooling, qualifies u to become a president only in Nigeria, so says Tanko SC.
But your university degree with 5 years experience can barely land u a security job in Nigeria.
What a country!
The Nigerian constitution is a worthless piece of paper that needs to be burnt to ashes.
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by mfm04622: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
CHOPUP411:
Pls can d lawyer in d house tell us why given judgement and give explanation later (don’t they have explanations or how can u give judgement if u don’t have explanation and u expect me to agree with u)

Very normal!
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by chxe: 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
Doyin2:

Olodo.

Is everything all about university education?

Perhaps you should have Bsc in political science to be qualified to lead your country.

So Buhari's school cert qualification,military training equivalent of msc degree and experience is not enough to be president,abi?

You better appreciate the difference between applying for the job of chief engineer,from that of contesting a political leadership post and stop comparing apples with oranges.

Nonsense!

There is no need to call names. Your response has told me everything I need to know about you. So I will ignore you.
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by sapientia(m): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Buhari have destroyed our Judiciary.
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by Halo22: 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
I don't take this country serious again. What is the link between o' level certificate and a ten year experience with passing six? The one that gets me mad is that one can study without presenting the certificate and it is still allowed for any post. This is really unbelievable.
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by prof12(m): 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
chxe:
" It held that the Nigerian Constitution only required a candidate contesting the presidential election to be educated up to secondary education even when the candidate does not possess the certificate."

And this is why Nigeria will always keep moving backwards.

You people should continue supporting this crap while these idiots are playing okoso with your lives.

**modified***
For those of you quoting me.

The fact that a medical student started year 1 does not qualify him or her to practice medicine.

All I am saying is we need a process in Nigeria. The system is broken. Nigeria is the only place in the world where one needs a BSc to get a job as a truck driver but all you need to be a president is to set foot in a secondary school without completing or taking exams.

And why?
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
iammo:
cool

A General, former head of state, a war veteran with UN medal (congo and biafra), Mons College Uk graduate (same school with top british and arab royalty as graduates) , India Military school graduate, Staff College Jos graduate, Kaduna Defence Academy Graduate, US war college graduate mastering in Strategic studies( with collin powel as class mate and atleast 2 former CIA directors), Masterminder of many coup and counter coup(in a multi ethnic country and most populous black nation), the only pretoleum minister to build a refinery, five time National election contester

U.S war college Masters degree without Bsc, HND or WAEC grin

Anyway u are doing ur 30k job
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by hush15: 7:17am On Nov 16, 2019
TGM2015:

There is nothing unusual in the way the judgement was delivered. The first judgement to upheld or dismissed any case is my majority decisions of the judges presiding a case. So if we have 5 judges and 3 out of 5 in their judgement write-up (using layman English) dismissed a case the Court will announced that the case has been dismissed so as not to hold any national/private/public activities/transactions that maybe waiting for the judgement.

After that, the court will consolidate all the 5 judges "judgement write-up", send it to each judges for review before finally reading the consolidated judgements decision/write-up on the floor of the court. Each write-ups contain reasons for or against the case before the court.

It still doesn't make sense. In their unanimousity, you conclude before delivering. They can't claim they came to that conclusion individually. They know it's joint reasoning.
Re: Supreme Court: Buhari ’Eminently Qualified’ To Contest by lessonsoflife: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2019
Clevite:

If it's secondary school and your name entered the register but you didn't attend up to the school certificate level, which is the final term of the final year, you are not good to contest, according to the Constitution. The only saving grace for you would be if you have the experience of working up to minimum of ten years at a public or private sector establishment in addition to your Primary School certificate.

That is not my problem. Encouraging half baked student and compensating them with minimum of ten years experience in public sector.

This is a journey of no return and once in motion, it follows for decades.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How States Stand On RUGA / Campaign Poster And Achievements Of Governor Ortom 2019 (Pictured) / 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.