Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? (13525 Views)

Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? / As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? / How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
I THINK IT DEPENDS ON WHAT U BELEIVE
BUT I MUST SAY MOST MICHAELS R SUCCESFUL
MICHEAL JACKSON
MICHAEL JORDAN
MICHAEL DOUGLAS
MIKE ADENUGA..............

MICHAEL CORLEONE wink

1 Like

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by aydrees09: 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
A child is named 7days after birth ..... His DESTINY is set before birth.

That is why , he/she has dat parent .

1 Like

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
Yes it does alot
according to my research,in astrology,numerology,vaastu vedic.
Etc
the day we were born,time,hour,minute,the alignment,conjuction and opposition of the planet not excluding d houses of the planets during our birth coupled with our name determines who we are,1)our essence number
2)the longitivity of our life
3)the challenges we face in lyf
4)the type of death i.e drowning,fire disaster,road accident,many people WHO DONT eat sugary thingz die of DIABETES this influence in turn bestow dix to d native i.e kidney dix,etc
5)many who are born deaf,dumb,blind,cripple,with albino-form eyes *eyes defect from birth* is as a result of the planets alignment
6)Our name couple with our birth details,determine OUR MARITAL LIFE....thats why u see that going to pastors to pray on ur spouse name whom u intend to marry,end up all being -tve after marrige, cases lyk i.e marital infidelity,death of spouse few month b4/after marriage etc
spiritual consultation aint enough for marriage
7) many people who get raped,and cases lyk bareness/single spouse occur when neptune is in d 8th house.
coolpeople who get unwanted preg. Is also part of this
God is superior,he created d stars and planets,but what comes togeda to make up a mans destiny is our birth data and our name given to us by our parents.our destiny isnt in our handz,why ? everything U wld become are written in d STARZ
if ur destiny is in our handz the street wld be paved wit gold,wishes wld come tru,the prayers of multitude in d church wld be answer,tell me after various fasting and prayer why is it that people still suffer.
many people dont believe astrology becoz they av a bad fate and cant accept plain facts

God is superior he who created earth and all tinz in it.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
horchukoh: I dont think so if yes can you tell me the meaning of bill gates,aliko dangote,mark zuckerberg etc.
this people are ruled by the *Lord of wealth Kubera*
neva underestimate d power of d numbers behind this letter,i conducted a research about them so also opera winfrey and mich. Jackson
if u doubt me google the *Lord of kubera*he rules wealth gbabe
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Zeinymira: Yes oooo!
If your name is Opeyemi,yu will sure have a good reason to be grateful every day
If your name is Olalekan,your wealth will increase every blessed day
buh if you are;
Bankole=bricklayer
Muyiwa=omo odo(house help)
Just joking.
u aint.....its true,u see it as a joke,but its d fact
many people bizness collaspe becoz dia bizness name has a negative energy

1 Like

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by igonor: 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
dvdon: Yes. I believe name speaks for a person. What you are named is what you stand for as a mark of identity.
grin
dvdon: Yes. I believe name speaks for a person. What you are named is what you stand for as a mark of identity.
yes dats true
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
I noticed the 'Chukwumas' are always successful.
Next in line are the Chukwuemekas .

The Ngozis are another group.
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
what kind of destiny does a name like "akpors" have?
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by druid06(m): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
[quote author=PAGAN 9JA]what kind of destiny does a name like "akpors" have?[/quote

Hehehe!
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Sike(m): 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Very soon i believe.
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by creativemusic: 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
name-onwu
meaning-death
answer-no/impossiple

name-favour
meaning-u know it
answer-yes/of course
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by sheylarhh(m): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lionbite: Of course it determines for, example people named OLUSEGUN have a higher possibility that they will b
become governors/presidents e.g

Olusegun Obasanjo
Olusegun Mimiko
Olusegun Agagu e.t.c
also dnt forget olusegun osoba grin
Lionbite: Of course it determines for, example people named OLUSEGUN have a higher possibility that they will b
become governors/presidents e.g

Olusegun Obasanjo
Olusegun Mimiko
Olusegun Agagu e.t.c
also dnt forget olusegun osoba
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Lilimax(f): 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
Your name matters and can either affect u positively or negatively.
Biblical Jabez was named because his mother born him out of sorrow.
The name Sorrow affected him all his life until he prayed to God to change his name.
Biblical Jacob's name also affected him that he became a cheat and a
subplanter until he wrestled with God and his name was changed to Israel.

A good name is better than riches...

1 Like

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by horchukoh(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
Including our own dangote hmmn naija i hail dee.
I Hate 9ja:
this people are ruled by the *Lord of wealth Kubera*
neva underestimate d power of d numbers behind this letter,i conducted a research about them so also opera winfrey and mich. Jackson
if u doubt me google the *Lord of kubera*he rules wealth gbabe
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Burger01(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lionbite: Of course it determines for, example people named OLUSEGUN have a higher possibility that they will become governors/presidents e.g

Olusegun Obasanjo
Olusegun Mimiko
Olusegun Agagu e.t.c

I ma name my unborn children Goodluck Olusegun Ebele Fashola Jonathan...

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by truckin: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
Phder: In Nigeria it does! That is why a shoe-less man bearing "Goodluck" becomes the president by luck!

Elsewhere? It doesn't!

And you Mr PHD holder who had many shoes, how much better have you fared? Hate him all you like but obviously he has a higher IQ than you will ever manage.
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
truckin:
And you Mr PHD holder who had many shoes, how much better have you fared? Hate him all you like but obviously he has a higher IQ than you will ever manage.
Face front! I never said I hate him neither did I say anything about his IQ.
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
horchukoh: Including our own dangote hmmn naija i hail dee.

Aliko Dangote was born to RULE......his numbers are badt
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Ijobaorun(m): 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
I will say partially most especially in dis part of the world (Nigerians),but in d western world, it doesn't. E.g Bush (igbe), Oral Robort.....
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by dabrake(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
Zeinymira: Yes oooo!
If your name is Opeyemi,yu will sure have a good reason to be grateful every day
If your name is Olalekan,your wealth will increase every blessed day
buh if you are;
Bankole=bricklayer
Muyiwa=omo odo(house help)
Just joking.
Shey? Like our immediate past Speaker of the HoR.
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by drdams: 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
And Bill GATE
DAN-GOAT-E
BARACK-S Obama
Wole OSHO-Yinka
George BUSHman nko?

Lionbite: Of course it determines for, example people named OLUSEGUN have a higher possibility that they will become governors/presidents e.g

Olusegun Obasanjo
Olusegun Mimiko
Olusegun Agagu e.t.c
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Rawpidgin(m): 12:04am On Nov 04, 2013
alfredo4u: all dis end time questions

i ve seen pple bearing success and favour, dey end up unsuccessful in life. Some even die prematurely.

So op, ur prayer shld b God help me to know the right thing to do at right time so that i will be an achiever in life.

Im Akpors, am doing excellently well.

I knw u cant give ur son akpors
& u think akpors is a bad name? in ijaw the full name akpowaide & in urhobo it is akpormedaye &/or akporjotor.
don't know the meaning but am sure they've got a very good meaning
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by russianmob27: 1:29am On Nov 04, 2013
i know someone that her surname is okuribido, ti oku ba ribido ki lawa alaye ma do?? angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by davidknot22(m): 3:56am On Nov 04, 2013
See lazy dudes! You had better find something that will take positive impact to your life to do instead of thinking manner wil come from heaven.i have seen people bearing names like;MARVELOUS,SUCCESS,MERCY e.t.c yet dis people's names refused to favour their destiny.all you need to do is to work and pray even if u were given bad name you can reject it by hard work and self determination,afterall jabez in the bible is a sorrowful name and later turn to something positive.Osh...! I don 4get my bb charger for aboki suya joint! I beg make i go take am i dey come!

1 Like

Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by highdee4real008(m): 6:20am On Nov 04, 2013
Sure it does, if it doesn't start reflecting frm the early stage of a man's live, it will show up later in d man's live, whether positively or negatively
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 04, 2013
davidknot22: See lazy dudes! You had better find something that will take positive impact to your life to do instead of thinking manner wil come from heaven.i have seen people bearing names like;MARVELOUS,SUCCESS,MERCY e.t.c yet dis people's names refused to favour their destiny.all you need to do is to work and pray even if u were given bad name you can reject it by hard work and self determination,afterall jabez in the bible is a sorrowful name and later turn to something positive.Osh...! I don 4get my bb charger for aboki suya joint! I beg make i go take am i dey come!

Is your name Jabez
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by PDF: 6:59am On Nov 04, 2013
I think it only makes a difference when dat name musta bn inspired by divinity. In which case, d name a person bears has a lot to do with hw such turns out eventually, remembering also that each one needs to take responsibility for hw they live regardless of covenant.

1Sam25:25
Please, let not my lord regard this scoundrel Nabal. For as his name is, so is he: Nabal is his name, and folly is with him!
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by hassymo5(m): 7:12am On Nov 04, 2013
Just go work hard and b successful... forget names....
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by mruwaifo(m): 8:19am On Nov 04, 2013
Yes it's does oh !
Thanks to mum and dad for naming me Uwaifo ( no end to good things )
I'm so living it .
Re: Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? by Okikiade(m): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2013
"Oruko omo ni yoo ro omo" it's child's name that potrays a child! Sometimes,unpredictability of life to evolves and switch to opposite meanings:success & failure! God I'm begging you to help me achieve greatness to your will!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Not Politically Motivated - Kumuyi Tells Nigerians / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Deliverance Works When Everything Else Fails - My Personal Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.