Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Should Students Be Paying Tithes. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. (13516 Views)

Children Paying Tithes; IS THIS RIGHT? / Benefits Of Paying Tithes / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Cashio(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2013
One of my friends who came back from schoool refused to go to church today because his parents refused to give him money for tithe.So i decided to enquire if it is necessary for students to be paying tithes.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 20, 2013
Nobody should be paying tithe. Can you see how the message of tithe has hindered your friend from listening to the word of God.

8 Likes

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Aifey(m): 9:10am On Oct 20, 2013
I don't pay tithe, I only pray to my God n he answers me. People shuld open their eyes.
Any pastor compeling u to pay tith is a thief. Use d moneY to help d less privilaged around, thts Gods command n not for a pastor 2buy more luxury cars, private jets n univerties which d poor can nt afford.
People shud wise up.

5 Likes

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Crexus: 9:41am On Oct 20, 2013
as long as ye art a seeker of blessing, be ye student or not...ye must bring thy tithes and offering to the Lord's House (lol..not a Biblical verse o)

9 Likes

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Alwaystrue(f): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2013
Cashio: One of my friends who came back from schoool refused to go to church today because his parents refused to give him money for tithe.So i decided to enquire if it is necessary for students to be paying tithes.

Why will anyone be collecting tithe from his parents or anyone to give in church in the first place? Does he not have his own pocket money or the gifts he receives from people that he can give tithes from if he so wishes to? If he doesn't let him be.

Tithe is to be taken from increase, yield, of what God gives you and dedicated or set-apart in appreciation and acknowledgement. Even same for offering but many parents just give offerings to their children just to imbibe the culture of giving.

Any giving is based on the level of our faith.

From my early high school days I have been giving tithe of the gifts or pocket money I have, before I started working, and I used to give out my lunch money to beggars I often passed on my way home. I didn't start giving alms or tithe because I was expecting anything, I was a student, but because I was moved by compassion and because I appreciated God for even giving me anything at all.

Let our hearts be driven with the right spirit.

So tell your friend to go to church and stop being defiant.

2 Corinthians 8:12
For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.

29 Likes

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by KwoiZabo(m): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2013
This is what I wrote on a tread that proceeded this on tithing I only bolded the student part.
Tithe is an erroneous msg so including students is unthinkable
1. We are against the pastors receiving tithes because they are not levites (Heb 7:5) and the doctrine because we are not of the law but of a better hope by which we draw near to God.(Heb 7:19).
2. I was paying tithe but as i matured in christianity and understood Grace and Truth (John1:17) i stopped but mind you my love for God and my service in the body of Christ at times takes up to 30% of my income.
3. Our mission on Nairaland is to save the body of Christ from wolves that have come in sheep's clothing Matt. 7:1-end(15), to halt the proliferation of criminals that have hijacked our pulpits today and to stop the wickedness of someone telling A STUDENT WHO CAN BARELY FEED, or a young man who cannot afford food and drugs for his aged parents or a market woman who cannot change the mosquito nets in her house to part with 10% of his/her income in the name of paying tithe. The merciful and compassionate God that i serve cannot make such demands only that people have not studied God's word properly and left themselves at the mercy of these greedy 'pastors'.
Please where is Frosbel we are missing him o!

12 Likes

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Achmet(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2013
guys try this and thank me later http://nexva.mobi/app/show/id/31274
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by free2ryhme: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2013
everyone shld pay tithe student or not...

dont student give offerings ?
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by ayusco85(m): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2013
From the little i knw, i think only those earning salaries are supposed to pay tithe, cos its ur sweat. As a student, u are not working, and ur pocket money is not a salary because u didnt worked for it. I dont think students are compelled to pay tithe. **my opinion*
Happy sunday to u all

7 Likes

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by JingoOAU(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2013
Some people can even tithe their life away. Not that am against tithing, but some people over stretch this tithing of a thing as if their lives depend on it.

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by greatgod2012(f): 10:54am On Oct 20, 2013
As a student who come from a christian family, I believe your parents must have paid their tithe on their income, so, they don't have to give you another money for your own tithe and you don't have to pay tithe on the money given to you either.
May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Any giving is based on the level of our faith.

2 Corinthians 8:12
For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
Absolutely true!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 20, 2013
greatgod2012: As a student who come from a christian family, I believe your parents must have paid their tithe on their income, so, they don't have to give you another money for your own tithe and you don't have to pay tithe on the money given to you either.
May God help us all.
Exactly my thought.
How many people wil tithe on the same income. My father will tithe,give my mama,she will tithe too,give me,i go tithe too. Na one income still o.

I don't belive any law applies to me as a christian. I give as the spirit leads.

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2013
As a student who come from a christian family, I believe your parents must have paid their tithe on their income, so, they don't have to give you another money for your own tithe and you don't have to pay tithe on the money given to you either.
May God help us all. Yea i agreed wit u 100%,wen my dad givs me money,i dnt pay tith because my dad had already paid d 10% 4rm d total pay, my mum neither sud not pay because the money comin 4rm 90% left expect her own buzines. However tith is a compulsory tidings dat must b kept,u must pay ur tith and it must b in d church not charity organisation! SHALOM
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2013
Yea i agreed wit u 100%,wen my dad givs me money,i dnt pay tith because my dad had already paid d 10% 4rm d total pay, my mum neither sud not pay because the money comin 4rm 90% left expect her own buzines. However tith is a compulsory tidings dat must b kept,u must pay ur tith and it must b in d church not charity organisation! SHALOM
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by KingsJohnson(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2013
End time question. Students no be human being abi nah ghost dem be?

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by aku626(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2013
You don't ask your parents for money to pay your tithe, you can ask for money for offering, His tithe would be from his own pocket, e.g. may be out of his allowance or if he has other means of income.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by popcykaylah(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2013
Pastors are suppose to be our shepherds and not people to exploit us.they are suppose to lay a good example for us to walk in.rather they have turned Christianity and churches to business centers.Jesus Christ travelled by foot to different cities,there were options of him using a horse donkey or camel but he walked.our so called pastors now have collections of private jets.bloody business men, I can't put my dime into any church as tithe rather I ll give the money to the needed and Their thnkyous will take me a long way.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Sermwell(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2013
Aifey: I don't pay tithe, I only pray to my God n he answers me. People shuld open their eyes.
Any pastor compeling u to pay tith is a thief. Use d moneY to help d less privilaged around, thts Gods command n not for a pastor 2buy more luxury cars, private jets n univerties which d poor can nt afford.
People shud wise up.
GBAM!!!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Dhortunn(m): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2013
mehn...it's been a long time since i paid tithe o...but back to the que, let me check google asap
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Sermwell(m): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2013
popcy-kaylah:
Pastors are suppose to be our shepherds and not people to exploit us.they are suppose to lay a good example for us to walk in.rather they have turned Christianity and churches to business centers.Jesus Christ travelled by foot to different cities,there were options of him using a horse donkey or camel but he walked.our so called pastors now have collections of private jets.bloody business men, I can't put my dime into any church as tithe rather I ll give the money to the needed and Their thnkyous will take me a long way.
SECONDED!!!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Sermwell(m): 11:37am On Oct 20, 2013
Kings Johnson: End time question. Students no be human being abi nah ghost dem be?
SHARAAAAAP!!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Justeenaleo(f): 11:38am On Oct 20, 2013
In my opinion there's a difrnc btw paying tithe nd giving d usual offertory ,tithing is for workers,which is 10%of ur salary if u r nt working den jst do d normal offering from ur pocket money nd puttin offertory in d basket is nt by force ur frnd no jst wan go church

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Sermwell(m): 11:39am On Oct 20, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
Some people can even tithe their life away. Not that am against tithing, but some people over stretch this tithing of a thing as if their lives depend on it.

yea! Those are the gullible and brainwashed!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Iceman296: 11:46am On Oct 20, 2013
..Tithe is Just an Act of Giving, It Must Not Be in the Church. Giving To the Poor and Less Privilege is also a Form of tithe not Enriching Our pastors and Clergy men.

If you don't have, there is Nothing Wrong, It Simply means you don't have any to give which is Understandable!
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Sllowppoisoon: 11:47am On Oct 20, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by mazizitonene(m): 11:49am On Oct 20, 2013
Cashio: One of my friends who came back from schoool refused to go to church today because his parents refused to give him money for tithe.So i decided to enquire if it is necessary for students to be paying tithes.
Ds bizness centers won't kill us....sum1told me sumtn lyk that I almost slapped the born against
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Ferebiekun: 11:50am On Oct 20, 2013
If you pay tithe, you affirm that all the laws of the old must be applied without exception. Could this be the will of God in this age? Should man refrain from using his God-given faculties?
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by Cashio(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2013
To me, tithing is not necessary for a student cos he has no income.
Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by kennyonthrone(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2013
I d mad?

1 Like

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by AbuMikey(m): 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2013

I do pay tithe! cool

Re: Should Students Be Paying Tithes. by mazizitonene(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Abu Mikey:

I do pay tithe! cool

Dem don brain wash u well...kudos, d pastor tyte!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Baptist Convention Paid Bandits N250m To Release Abducted Bethel Student / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.