Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

The Sad Story Of Jean-pierre Adams, A Man Who Has Been In Coma For 37 Years. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Sad Story Of Jean-pierre Adams, A Man Who Has Been In Coma For 37 Years. (1428 Views)

Jean-Pierre Adams Dies After Being In Coma For 39 Years / Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) / Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sad Story Of Jean-pierre Adams, A Man Who Has Been In Coma For 37 Years. by theenchanter: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
Jean-Pierre Adams was born in Dakar, Senegal on March 10, 1948 and was a central defender who has been in a coma since March 17, 1982, due to medical negligence following an operation handled by a trainee at Lyon Hospital.

The man from Dakar, Senegal, had wrapped up his playing years with 22 caps for the French team....Of his physical attributes, Adams was described as a force of nature; strong physically, patriotic and determined. It was, however, his central defensive partnership with Marius Trésor forming the “Garde Noire” – “Black Guard” – that became famous.

Adams played for Paris Saint-Germain and Nice, narrowly failing to win the French title with the latter again, while also knocking Barcelona out of the 1973-4 UEFA Cup.

Following a ligament rupture injury, he was hospitalised for surgery on 17 March 1982 at the Édouard Herriot Hospital in Lyon. After an error made by his anaesthetist, he suffered a bronchospasm which starved his brain of oxygen and he slipped into a coma.

It’s been 37 years since the once jovial man has been in a coma. His last word to his wife before he left for the surgery was “It’s all fine, I’m in great shape.”

Till today, his wife continues to tend to his needs, refusing to consider euthanasia. though now 71years old, he does not age physically.. having spent more years in coma than in real life.

https://face2faceafrica.com/article/the-sad-story-of-jean-pierre-adams-the-french-soccer-star-who-has-been-in-coma-for-37-years-after-botched-surgery

Re: The Sad Story Of Jean-pierre Adams, A Man Who Has Been In Coma For 37 Years. by theenchanter: 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
Re: The Sad Story Of Jean-pierre Adams, A Man Who Has Been In Coma For 37 Years. by DonBenny77(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hmmmmn, na wah
Re: The Sad Story Of Jean-pierre Adams, A Man Who Has Been In Coma For 37 Years. by IamPlato(m): 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
THE SLEEPING Vampire...

37YEARS is A Long Time. I Try To Imagine If It Was In Nigeria, Bros Would Have Been Buried Before Six Months.

What If He Sleeps Till Jesus Come? Will Rapture Carry Him?

All I Can Say Is That We Have A Black Captain America about To Hatch
Re: The Sad Story Of Jean-pierre Adams, A Man Who Has Been In Coma For 37 Years. by Ayo081(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
I could only imagine if he didn't die today,

Like I mean what if he wakes up earlier like yesterday and decided to go back to pitch, woulda been history having a 75 yr old (that didn't age physically) on the pitch.
Re: The Sad Story Of Jean-pierre Adams, A Man Who Has Been In Coma For 37 Years. by theenchanter: 8:45am On Sep 17, 2021
Ayo081:
I could only imagine if he didn't die today,

Like I mean what if he wakes up earlier like yesterday and decided to go back to pitch, woulda been history having a 75 yr old (that didn't age physically) on the pitch.
yeah, he finally went to his eternal rest.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Liberia Beat Ghana 2-0 Yesterday; Is 9ja Better Than Ghana? / LVG Hails New United Formation, Criticizes Chicharito Despite Goal Against Real / Diego Costa Vs Luis Suarez.who Plays Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.