Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) (78434 Views)

Jean-Pierre Adams Dies After Being In Coma For 39 Years / Arsenal Off To Worst League Start In 39 Years After North London Derby Defeat / Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
Jean-Pierre Adams, a former centre-back for Paris Saint-Germain and the French national team, is still in a coma 39 years after a knee operation went horribly wrong

Former Paris Saint-Germain player Jean-Pierre Adams is still in a coma, 39 years after receiving aesthetic prior to a knee operation.

Adams' career was going well, he had played more than 120 times for Nice and had spent three seasons at PSG, as well as 22 appearances for the French national side.

After spending the entirety of his career in France, he retired in 1981 after a brief stint with local amateurs FC Chalon.

But just a year later, his life was cruelly derailed after a botched operation on his knee.

Adams was scheduled to go under the knife after rupturing a ligament in his knee, but the anaesthetist made a crucial error and the then-39 year-old suffered a bronchospasm.

His brain was starved of oxygen, and he fell into a coma.

Adams is yet to wake 39 years later, and lives in a modified bed normally found in a hospital, according to Sport Bible.

His wife, Bernadette, has remained by his side throughout the entirety of his life in the coma, and said last year that she and his two sons continue to bring him gifts for occasions.

She said: "No one ever forgets to give Jean-Pierre presents, whether it's his birthday, Christmas or Father's Day."

Despite being unable to move his body, Adams can still sense when Bernadette is with him, she explained.

On occasion she has to go away, Bernadette revealed that his carers can sense a change in his mood.

"He senses that it is not me feeding him and looking after him," she added.

"It's the nurses who tell me, saying he is not the same.

"I think he feels things. He must recognise the sound of my voice as well."
Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/psg-footballer-been-coma-39-23810696

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by falcon01: 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2021
I thought he finally died

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Nbotee(m): 5:34pm On Mar 28, 2021
Dis is so heartbreaking... I read his story sometime ago and I felt really sad for him.. Y is the wife yet to sue dat Godforsaken hospital... Imagine going into coma for a KNEE OPERATION ooo due to a very obviou error of the hospital

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by khunz: 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
Just read the below extract from Wikipedia on the ridiculous fine and sentence for both the anaesthetist and trainee

"In the mid 1990s, when a court of law adjudicated on the case, both the anaesthetist and trainee were given one-month suspended sentences and fines that translated to a $815 fine.[16] His wife continued to tend to his needs, refusing to consider euthanasia."

Source: wikipedia

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Officialhorlah(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
Oh GOSH!!!
Docs and mistakes
Well no one is perfect
You gon' wake up soon bro INSHA ALLAH

14 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Bodyodour: 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2021
This makes me doubt the existence of any God or gods. How can you all what you created be in a coma for 39 and still, he hasn't been healed?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2021
Botched¡

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Adek65: 7:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Bodyodour:
This makes me doubt the existence of any God or gods. How can you all what you created be in a coma for 39 and still, he hasn't been healed?
And this is one of the reason you should believe in the existence of God.

228 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by slivertongue: 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
sad.
this life only God knows the road, only. Him knows the future

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by wiseone28: 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2021
Bodyodour:
Did they seek God face for his healing?

25 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by paulolee(m): 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
just to bad...knee surgery to coma...how na?

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Draslo(m): 10:20pm On Mar 28, 2021
wiseone28:

Seek God's face? You people are too religious abeg.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by bigjackass: 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2021
wiseone28:

the suffering person is brain dead and can't seek God's face. So is it appropriate for him to continue suffering because his family didn't? undecided. A serious God will reveal himself to the man in coma who will then wake up and testify. Not this sadistic fucker you people call God

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Aguilar(m): 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2021
they should pull the plug and put him out of his misery

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by wiseone28: 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2021
Draslo:

Seek God's face? You people are too religious abeg.
Have they invited a prophet like TB Joshua to come and pray for him?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by wiseone28: 10:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
bigjackass:
the suffering person is brain dead and can't seek God's face. So is it appropriate for him to continue suffering because his family didn't? undecided. A serious God will reveal himself to the man in coma who will then wake up and testify. Not this sadistic fucker you people call God
God don't work like you think..

His wife should seek God's face for him.

If she needs healing for him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by TheSourcerer: 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
wiseone28:
God don't work like you think..

His wife should seek God's face for him.

If she needs healing for him.
because
Thou sayeth the lord?

Is thy lord blind?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Draslo(m): 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
wiseone28:
Have they invited a prophet like TB Joshua to come and pray for him?
Why didn't you just say they should seek TB Joshua's face? Classic Nigerian. Placing their pastor above God. FOH!

14 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by bluefilm: 1:04am On Mar 29, 2021
Eyaaaaa...

They should just expose him to COVID19

Make dem use am dey count dead victims of the SCAMdemic.

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:12am On Mar 29, 2021
But just a year later, his life was cruelly derailed after a botched operation on his knee.

Adams was scheduled to go under the knife after rupturing a ligament in his knee, but the anaesthetist made a crucial error and the then-39 year-old suffered a bronchospasm.
This should never happen to anyone.
What a sad and emotional story to read.

ednut1:
nigerian pastors are scammers. They cant heal no one
Why not keep silent if you can't contribute anything reasonable to the topic Tunde?
Learn how to use the word 'few, some, most ' in your speech, it will help you in life.
STOP Generalizing........okay?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by wiseone28: 6:09am On Mar 29, 2021
TheSourcerer:
because Thou sayeth the lord?
Is thy lord blind?
He is not but he won't come to you if you don't seek him first..

Do you think Jesus didn't know that the man is blind?
But he still still asked him what do u want me to do for u.

7 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by wiseone28: 6:11am On Mar 29, 2021
Draslo:

Why didn't you just say they should seek TB Joshua's face? Classic Nigerian. Placing their pastor above God. FOH!
I don't place them above God..

But they are the mouthpiece of God..

(i mean the genuine ones)

1 Like

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Amaechi2023(m): 8:09am On Mar 29, 2021
Nbotee:
Dis is so heartbreaking... I read his story sometime ago and I felt really sad for him.. Y is the wife yet to sue dat Godforsaken hospital... Imagine going into coma for a KNEE OPERATION ooo due to a very obviou error of the hospital
no body is above mistake..
if it were your relatives that committed the blunder as a doctor, you wouldn't be giving such stories..
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by FreeSpirited: 9:10am On Mar 29, 2021
Such luxury of a coma is not allowed in Nigeria.....Doctor go don kill am taytay for Naija

10 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Kharol1234: 9:29am On Mar 29, 2021
Chai this life, Thank God for life am +1 today

27 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Nbotee(m): 10:01am On Mar 29, 2021
Amaechi2023:
no body is above mistake..
if it were your relatives that committed the blunder as a doctor, you wouldn't be giving such stories..

Some of U jus reason in reverse.. Someone made a mistake dat has cost someone his life basically and U are making irrelevant comparisons. If my relatives make the same mistake would it make it less of a life threatening mistake? If someone had made a life threatening mistake during ur birth would U have com into existence?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by Amaechi2023(m): 10:20am On Mar 29, 2021
Nbotee:

Some of U jus reason in reverse.. Someone made a mistake dat has cost someone his life basically and U are making irrelevant comparisons. If my relatives make the same mistake would it make it less of a life threatening mistake? If someone had made a life threatening mistake during ur birth would U have com into existence?
how do you even reason sef??
you think the doctor who committed the blunder has no regrets?
you think if people go about suing everyone for their mistakes, people would dare to do things.
don't let emotions cleanse your reasoning.
of mistakes were to be repeated, then it's a different case.

6 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) by TheSourcerer: 11:47am On Mar 29, 2021
wiseone28:
He is not but he won't come to you if you don't seek him first..

Do you think Jesus didn't know that the man is blind?

But he still still asked him what do u want me to do for u.
I was not there neither were you mate ! So we cannot say Jesus even ever healed a blind man .! Think man just like today in the big news , if he healed a blind man , the News and oh independent critics will carry this info , he flew to the sky without aid or breathable air? He walked on water ? But No one but the bible and Koran recorded it? No one?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is Cristiano Ronaldo’s Mattress And It Costs £33k (Photos) / Photo Of A Female Paramedic Attending To A Male Footballer Goes Viral / Cristiano Ronaldo Dancing With Kathryn Mayorga, His Rape Accuser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.