Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

Civil Servant Who Endured The Agony Of Losing 12 Babies Tells Of Her Delight At - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Civil Servant Who Endured The Agony Of Losing 12 Babies Tells Of Her Delight At (326 Views)

Hidden Agony Of A Father In The Family / Agony Of Monogamy / The Agony Of An Over Ripe bachelor/spinster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Civil Servant Who Endured The Agony Of Losing 12 Babies Tells Of Her Delight At by stellapatu: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
A civil servant who endured the heartbreak of losing 12 babies has told of her delight after having two sons born through medical trials.

Ellie Robson-Grice, of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, feared she would never have children with her medical translator husband Mike, 35. The pair even considered adopting at one point.

The 36-year-old had seven miscarriages and a medical termination with her former partner, before experiencing four more miscarriages with Mike. Doctors never found if there was anything to blame for her ordeals.

But now she is a proud mother to Aidan, four, and Sam, six months, after taking part in one trial to make her uterus a more habitable place for pregnancy and another to increase the chance of an embryo implanting.

The former involved injecting a protein or a placebo into her stomach to try and make her uterus - Mrs Robson-Grice still does not know what she received. The latter saw doctors give her an endometrial scratch.

She said: 'I had always really hoped to be a mum, but had it in the back of my mind that it would not happen. I don't know why I felt like that.

'I met my first partner at university and we started trying and had a number of losses in quite quick succession, after which I realised I was probably never going to be a mum.

'I actually had no problem getting pregnant. The first time I was using contraception and fell pregnant, but I would miscarry within a few weeks.'

Mrs Robson-Grice's first pregnancy with her former partner, who she does not wish to name, was in 2008 when she was 25.

'We were so happy, but eight weeks in I started to experience pain while on the bus home. I went to hospital and was told the baby had gone,' she recalled.

'It was heartbreaking and took us completely by surprise. Between 2008 and 2011 we lost six babies, in just a three-year period.'

Two of her miscarriages happened before her 12 week scan, then in 2010 she made the ‘hardest and most harrowing’ decision to terminate a pregnancy.

She was told the baby had a 10 per cent chance of surviving to full term and that if they survived outside the womb they would have significant abnormalities.

Following a devastating fourth miscarriage in March 2011, doctors tested the tissue produced, but could not explain what was happening.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/civil-servant-who-endured-the-agony-of-losing-12-babies-tells-of-her-delight-at-finally-having-two-miracle-boys-thanks-to-pioneering-medical-trials

(1) (Reply)

Can Pregnancy Complications Be Prevented? / Divorce Lawyer Needed / How To Choose Best Blender For Baby Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.