Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Agony Of Monogamy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Agony Of Monogamy (2747 Views)

Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy / Hidden Agony Of A Father In The Family / Agonies Of Monogamy Against Polygamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agony Of Monogamy by sagitariusbaby(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2019
AGONY OF MONOGAMY

written by Chief Tola Adeniyi, a former MD of daily times.

Society must rethink this issue of pretentious monogamy vis-à-vis polygamy so that in the not-too-distant future we do not end up with millions of unmarried women whose life style would be worse than prostitutes’ and millions of children whose fathers would be nowhere to be found.

The article is designed to expose the hypocrisy and pain associated with embracing false notions which are really not observed by any culture in the world, and to advise those who erroneously sentence themselves to a life of sadness and emptiness because they were deceived to believe that there is some utopia somewhere called monogamy.

I am very much aware that this article will generate a lot of controversy most especially from those who live holier-than-thou life and have continued to deceive the world that they are upholders of a doctrine that is not supported by true and enlightened interpretation of any religious doctrine.

My Greek, Italian, Russian, British, American and other Caucasians routinely visit their other wives [called by other names] with whom they have children. But back in the homes shared with the one carrying the ring, they are monogamists!
If God had wanted humanity to be monogamous He or She would not have made the pigeon the only monogamous creature. The cultures that practice polygamy had always known that at any given time, the number of available marriageable women far out number available men plus the fact that an 80-year-old man, if he has money, is still very much in the market whereas a 60-year-old woman may not be that lucky. The biological limitation to a woman’s productive age is also a factor. Why should a woman therefore remain on the shelf till age 45 when she could jolly well get married as second or fourth wife to a man who can afford to share life’s responsibilities with her? Why should a woman leave a man with whom she is No 1, simply because he took a second wife and end up being numberless in the hands of several men with whom she naturally shares bed just because of some doctrine she hardly understands?

All the women who should go and marry but are saying they do not want to share their man with another woman in a polygamous setting, are sharing current boyfriends with several other women. Where is the logic?

The argument that children in a polygamous house are always at each other’s throat does not hold water. Many siblings of monogamous families are sometimes known to have had worse and irresolvable or irreconcilable squabbles with dirty bitterness over inheritance or even other matters than children from different mothers.

The agony suffered by both men and women in the hand of unnatural laws and doctrines is too stifling for comfort. In 2002, five hundred and two Reverend mothers were reported to have died while procuring abortion in Rome (alone). Nigerian Tribune wrote an editorial on the unfortunate incident. And stories of Reverend fathers having children and sodomising young men in their care are legion! Why the hypocrisy? Why should the world continue to live the life of Ostrich?

A well known Nigerian journalist hid his other wives from his wife because his religion would not permit of it and his wife, living in monogamy should not hear of it. At his funeral, 9 Funeral Service programmes by his 9 wives surfaced and the woman parading the ring collapsed. It was the grace of God that prevented double internment that day!

Mitterrand, the former French president was discovered to have side attachment with 2 kids after he died. Meanwhile French laws restrict man to only one wife. Arnold Schwarzenegger who was married to JF Kennedy's sister had a troubling home. He disclosed to the wife that the male child the former house maid was carrying about was actually his son. That day the Kennedy lady did not sleep in that house. She parked out of the house that night with her 3 kids. She cannot tolerate to share her husband with another woman. She is there with no other man.

So, over to those whose opinion is hinged on whatever reason to rethink. This is becoming a wild fire that will leave no home in no distant time.

Please have your say house.

2 Likes

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Katier00(f): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2019
Nice piece but one man, one wife

2 Likes

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Chubhie: 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
The old ways of our ancestors hold the key to permanently solving this problem. Yours truly would've made myself available to ten women with a pure intent to solving this madness. However, I don't like my energies fragmented.
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Mizwisdom(f): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
If you decide on polygamy you are creating problems for yourself and family. Your wives will be unfaithful to you, your children won't really be yours, there will be rivalry between your wives and children, there will be evil and and wicked display in your home, Abraham, David, Solomon + every other polygamist had many troubles in their families this is why God created only Eve for Adam.

You're also wrong by saying a 60 year old woman is no longer in the market grin don't you see those young boys getting married to 70+ and 80+ women for green card and money? IVF also solve biological clock problem. Your eyes will only see what your mind can contain grin expand your view bro

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Ranchhoddas: 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2019
I have always said it that monogamy is unnatural.
I did not know that pigeons are the only monogamous creatures.

Since Muttleylaff likes to use animal homosexuality as a point when trying to defend the the anomaly that is same-sex relationships. I wonder what he would say here.

Over to you Muttley.

2 Likes

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by cococandy(f): 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
You people will say just about anything to justify your roving peniises

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by mysticgal(f): 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
Personally i cannot stand polygamy,from my spouse or myself. I cannot imagine sharing myself or my spouse with anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by DukeNija(m): 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Mizwisdom:
If you decide on polygamy you are creating problems for yourself and family. Your wives will be unfaithful to you, your children won't really be yours, there will be rivalry between your wives and children, there will be evil and and wicked display in your home, Abraham, David, Solomon + every other polygamist had many troubles in their families this is why God created only Eve for Adam.

You're also wrong by saying a 60 year old woman is no longer in the market grin don't you see those young boys getting married to 70+ and 80+ women for green card and money? IVF also solve biological clock problem. Your eyes will only see what your mind can contain grin expand your view bro

Just highlight the benefits of monogamy. Forget the unfaithful part and bastard children. These days even monogamy doesn’t guarantee the reverse.

1 Like

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by sagitariusbaby(m): 12:02am On Jan 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I thought you would also highlight the gains and not just the disadvantage. I'm very certain the advantage far outweighs the disadvantages.
By the way, how many couples can afford IVF in Nigeria? There are at least five women to a man as it stands and I can't see that changing soon. If a lady can date a married man why can't she marry him?
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Mizwisdom(f): 5:01am On Jan 18, 2019
sagitariusbaby:

I thought you would also highlight the gains and not just the disadvantage. I'm very certain the advantage far outweighs the disadvantages.
By the way, how many couples can afford IVF in Nigeria? There are at least five women to a man as it stands and I can't see that changing soon. If a lady can date a married man why can't she marry him?

Therefore if a married woman cheats with a single guy she should marry him along with her husband or do you think some don't commit adultery because they are all female saints cheesy
How did you come about your male to female population ratio? support with data not gossip or false assumptions.
The increase in multiple births is as a result of IVF, I'm yet see any IVF clinic shut down because of low patronage sir cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by MuttleyLaff: 8:03am On Jan 18, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
I have always said it that monogamy is unnatural.
I did not know that pigeons are the only monogamous creatures.

Since Muttleylaff likes to use animal homosexuality as a point when trying to defend the the anomaly that is same-sex relationships. I wonder what he would say here.

Over to you Muttley.
I know you'll be unable to reproduce here verbatim all the times MuttleyLaff allegedly likes to use animal homosexuality, as a point when trying to defend the anomaly that is same-sex relationships, so please retract your statement that's giving false and/or misleading account of the context and nature of what MuttleyLaff wrote.

The original poster and his intro post couldnt even get the facts right. The information that the pigeon is the only monogamous creature, is not only just incorrect, but also the failure to realise that pigeons actually are socially monogamous creatures.

Now, if, Ranchhoddas, is passing the buck over MuttleyLaff, then I'll say that, God's original plan is genetic monogamy, but then, God in His wisdom and by design, just with sex same attraction impulse, has given human beings social monogamy impulses that when acted upon, can lead to having multiple sexual partners or end up in polygamous arrangements.

Personally, handling and balancing one relationship is enough for me than trying to, with another, perfect the art of juggling. Genetic monogamy, as best as when can, at it, whether in a heterosexual relationship or same sex relationship, gives peace of mind, trust, assurance, is an expression of commitment and undivided faithfulness, declaration of undiving love and attention, expression of loyalty and faithfulness to one person, is a display of restraint and show of strong self discipline etcetera

I have no reservation on polygamy, considering that, the arrangement is between consenting adults, and the additional party is an adult, under no duress, no coersion and no disadvantage financial or otherwise, is in agreement to be part of a relationship that involves more than two original members and knowledge of the sexual relationship arrangement is mutually agreed upon by all parties involved.

It takes a lifetime to know somebody, that is why genetic monogamy, in the first place and in the beginning, was
cc sagitariusbaby

cococandy:
You people will say just about anything to justify your roving peniises
Are you minding OP and Ranchhoddas

3 Likes

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Ranchhoddas: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I know you'll be unable to reproduce here verbatim all the times MuttleyLaff allegedly likes to use animal homosexuality, as a point when trying to defend the anomaly that is same-sex relationships, so please retract your statement that's giving false and/or misleading account of the context and nature of what MuttleyLaff wrote.
Are you denying that you use homosexual animals to further you pro-gay views?

The original poster and his intro post couldnt even get the facts right. The information that the pigeon is the only monogamous creature, is not only just incorrect, but also the failure to realise that pigeons actually are socially monogamous creatures.
And then? The fact is that the overwhelming majority of animals are not monogamous. Surely this is no accident.

Now, if, Ranchhoddas, is passing the buck over MuttleyLaff, then I'll say that, God's original plan is genetic monogamy, but then, God in His wisdom and by design, just with sex same attraction impulse, has given human beings social monogamy impulses that when acted upon, can lead to having multiple sexual partners or end up in polygamous arrangements.
Strangely, our ancestors did not have these "impulses" you speak of. The impulses came with colonialism, Christianity, the Bible, Jesus Christ and all the baggage. How come our northern Alhajis do not seem to have these impulses?

Personally, handling and balancing one relationship is enough for me than trying to, with another, perfect the art of juggling. Genetic monogamy, as best as when can, at it, whether in a heterosexual relationship or same sex relationship, gives peace of mind, trust, assurance, is an expression of commitment and undivided faithfulness, declaration of undiving love and attention, expression of loyalty and faithfulness to one person, is a display of restraint and show of strong self discipline etcetera
Na wetin you for don talk since. Your power no reach.
What restraint abeg?
There is no virtue in abstaining from something that is perfectly natural -- A wise man.

I have no reservation on polygamy, considering that, the arrangement is between consenting adults, and the additional party is an adult, under no duress, no coersion and no disadvantage financial or otherwise, is in agreement to be part of a relationship that involves more than two original members and knowledge of the sexual relationship arrangement is mutually agreed upon by all parties involved.
Hmmmmm...
You no talk this one since o.

Jedidiah mode.

It takes a lifetime to know somebody, that is why genetic monogamy, in the first place and in the beginning, was
[size=6pt][/size]
You have no way of knowing what was in the beginning. Stop passing off Jewish fables as history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by MuttleyLaff: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Are you denying that you use homosexual animals to further you pro-gay views?
You typed he "likes". How many times has MuttleyLaff liked to use homosexual animals to further you pro-gay views? Produce each and everytime Muttleylaff liked to use homosexual animals to further you pro-gay views. I am quite sure it was used only one time and that was to prevent you from taling the stand that homosexual behaviour doesnt existbin nature. This and the context of the remark, you surely cant deny Ranchhoddas

Ranchhoddas:
And then? The fact is that the overwhelming majority of animals are not monogamous. Surely this is no accident.
That both should have not known better, as in the original poster sagitariusbaby and the original author, Chief Tola Adeniyi, a former MD of daily times, that pigeons are not just the only monogamous animals that exists but they really are socially monogamous creatures, that occassionally do sow their wild oats. The ignorance of the original author and poster that pasted his opinon here is a choice

Ranchhoddas:
Strangely, our ancestors did not have these "impulses" you speak of. The impulses came with colonialism, Christianity, the Bible, Jesus Christ and all the baggage. How come our northern Alhajis do not seem to have these impulses
I have spoken of two impulses, so how do you mean our ancestors did not have these "impulses" you speak of?. Both impulses are in every human being, before the advent of colonialism, Christianity, the Bible, Jesus Christ on earth and all the baggage. Each and everyone of us including our northern Alhajis, from the beginning and up till now have these impulses.

2 Likes

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Ranchhoddas: 9:23am On Jan 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You typed he "likes". How many times has MuttleyLaff liked to use homosexual animals to further you pro-gay views? Produce each and everytime Muttleylaff liked to use homosexual animals to further you pro-gay views. I am quite sure it was used only one time and that was to prevent you from taling the stand that homosexual behaviour doesnt existbin nature. This and the context of the remark, you surely cant deny Ranchhoddas
I doubt it was once. Be that as it may, the point remains -- use use anomalous gay animals to further your views.

That both should have not known better, as in the original poster sagitariusbaby and the original author, Chief Tola Adeniyi, a former MD of daily times, that pigeons are not just the only momogamous animals that exists but they really are socially monogamous creatures, that occassionally do sow their wild oats. The ignorance of the original author and poster that pasted his opinon here is a choice
You must not miss the point -- The overwhelming majority of animals are philanderers. Thus, you must accept it or discard your view on homosexuality. You cannot have it both ways.

I have spoken of two impulses, so how do you mean our ancestors did not have these "impulses" you speak of?. Both impulses are in every human being, before the advent of colonialism, Christianity, the Bible, Jesus Christ on earth and all the baggage. Each and everyone of us including our northern Alhajis, from the beginning and up till now have these impulses.
They were all polygamous. Monogamy was imported. That's the long and short of my statement.

By way of digression, could you tell was Isaiah 4:1 is about? If you know that is.

1 Like

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by MuttleyLaff: 9:50am On Jan 18, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
I doubt it was once. Be that as it may, the point remains -- use use anomalous gay animals to further your views.
Like I know and believe, it is just once, when as I said, I was preempting you, and trying to block you from using the line, sex same relationship is not found in nature.
You have diddly squat evidence of me using it more than once with you and you know it

Ranchhoddas:
You must not miss the point -- The overwhelming majority of animals are philanderers. Thus, you must accept it or discard your view on homosexuality. You cannot have it both ways
Give me some credit, remember what I typed: "I have no reservation on polygamy, considering that, the arrangement is between consenting adults, and the additional party is an adult, under no duress, no coersion and no disadvantage financial or otherwise, is in agreement to be part of a relationship that involves more than two original members and knowledge of the sexual relationship arrangement is mutually agreed upon by all parties involved."

Ranchhoddas:
They were all polygamous. Monogamy was imported. That's the long and short of my statement.
That is not absolutely true or correct though, and you know it

Ranchhoddas:
By way of digression, could you tell was Isaiah 4:1 is about? If you know that is.
It is no digression, as I have already tred that part in my ealier post here, that God's original plan is genetic monogamy, but then, God in His wisdom and by design, just with sex same attraction impulse, has given human beings social monogamy impulses that when acted upon, can lead to having multiple sexual partners or end up in polygamous arrangements.

Ranchhoddas:
You have no way of knowing what was in the beginning. Stop passing off Jewish fables as history.
Are you married? Are you in a steady relationship? If yes to either, do you already know everything about your partner? Even a lifetime is not enough to know about him/her, you each day know new things about him/her, you each day discover new things they didnt first know about him/her. Sorry Ranchhoddas, it has nothing to do with Jewish fables

If you really believe in: There is no virtue in abstaining from something that is perfectly natural -- A wise man., please explain or tell how this means in relation to same sex relationship and multiple partner relationships

1 Like

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Ranchhoddas: 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Like I know and believe, it is just once, when as I said, I was preempting you, and trying to block you from using the line, sex same relationship is not found in nature.
You have diddly squat evidence of me using it more than once with you and you know it
It is your position nonetheless.

Give me some credit, remember what I typed: "I have no reservation on polygamy, considering that, the arrangement is between consenting adults, and the additional party is an adult, under no duress, no coersion and no disadvantage financial or otherwise, is in agreement to be part of a relationship that involves more than two original members and knowledge of the sexual relationship arrangement is mutually agreed upon by all parties involved."
Is polygamy compatible with your religious views?

That is not absolutely true or correct though, and you know it
It is. There was no code against polygamy as far as I know. I am listening if you have evidence otherwise.

It is no digression, as I have already tred that part in my ealier post here, that God's original plan is genetic monogamy, but then, God in His wisdom and by design, just with sex same attraction impulse, has given human beings social monogamy impulses that when acted upon, can lead to having multiple sexual partners or end up in polygamous arrangements.
Just so I am not mistaken, what does the bold mean? Keeping up appearances?

Are you married? Are you in a steady relationship? If yes to either, do you already know everything about your partner? Even a lifetime is not enough to know about him/her, you each day know new things about him/her, you each day discover new things they didnt first know about him/her. Sorry Ranchhoddas, it has nothing to do with Jewish fables
Married: No
Second question: It's complicated.

If you really believe in: There is no virtue in abstaining from something that is perfectly natural -- A wise man., please explain or tell how this means in relation to same sex relationship and multiple partner relationships
The operative phrase is highlighted. There is no evidence that such relationships (eeeeewwwww...) fit that phrase.
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Leonardoreel(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
Polygamy is an indirect way to justify fornication for men, I will never be an advocate for polygamy cuz I myself, I'm a tool of polygamy and I know what polygamy has caused my home.

The advantages of polygamy is light compare to monogamy,
1 you tend to have peace when you marry one wife compare to someone who marries 2 or more.

2There will be more focus on your children welfarism compare to having lots of kids through 2 or more wives

Since not everyone is created to be rich and live comfortably so why are we forcing marriage on everyone even to those who doesn't worth being a wife or husband, it's time we stop this course for polygamy cuz I personally see it as a destruction towards a man's home...

No to indirect fornication of men!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by MuttleyLaff: 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
It is your position nonetheless.
It is not my position. It is a position observed happening in nature. To any in gay relationships, it is a position that is natural to them. Their right to this behaviour, I respect inasmuch that they are easy going, caring consenting adults in a faithful, committed, loyal faithful, loving, sex same sex relationship that lasts a lifetime, has no betrayal or cheating of anyone, no harm to an object or neighbour

Ranchhoddas:
Is polygamy compatible with your religious views?
You know me by now, what my religion is. I also have already shared my views on polygamy. There is nothing evil or disgusting in polygamy, but personally it is not my cup of tea. I wouldn't necessarily desire polygamy on my worst enemy. I am not sure whether I had responded to the earlier Isaiah 4:1 verse, but if I haven't, it is related to my reply here, that says, desperate times requires desperate measures. It was similar desperate times during the period of the wars to spread Islam, that necessitated Mohammed to declare Muslims can have up to 4 wives, because of the dearth of men, due to few men being about due to being casualties of war and too many widows as a result of the same reason

Ranchhoddas:
It is. There was no code against polygamy as far as I know. I am listening if you have evidence otherwise.
We are free to do all things but not all things are profitable. Polygamy has more cons than pros.

1/ Will you be happy to share you partner with multiple men/women?

Ranchhoddas:
Just so I am not mistaken, what does the bold mean? Keeping up appearances?
Are you familiar with the phrase, "social smoker"?

Human being have the impulse to stray or have a fling. Some don't act out that impulse, some dont

Ranchhoddas:
Married: No
Second question: It's complicated.
Have you ever touched your partner in a particular part of her/his body, and suddenly discovered that your partner gets set off on ecstatic pleasure when touched at that particular part of the body. You never knew this before then but just stumbled upon it whilst exploring the body. That is just one simple instance of getting to know your partner, if you are all about just jumping in and going into your partner, you wouldn't notice the pleasure or take in anything like that. There are a gazillion and one things to find out and know. It will take you a lifetime to discover them all

Ranchhoddas:
The operative phrase is highlighted. There is no evidence that such relationships (eeeeewwwww...) fit that phrase.
You haven't been able to specifically say what is evil and/or what exactly is disgusting in and/or with same sex relationships.

1 Like

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
"The cultures that practice polygamy had always known that at any given time, the number of available marriageable women far out number available men "

This is not true!

https://countrymeters.info/en/World

But yeah, I do agree with him. Monogamy is not meant for us human beings, but since the male population outnumbers the female population, I believe women should start doing men a favour and start dating at least 2 guys grin

3 Likes

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
lovelygurl:

"The cultures that practice polygamy had always known that at any given time, the number of available marriageable women far out number available men "

This is not true!

But yeah, I do agree with him. Monogamy is not meant for us human beings, but since the male population outnumbers the female population, I believe women should start doing men a favour and start dating at least 2 guys grin

grin
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by bolseas(f): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
As a man, just carry your wife along on your plans before proposing to her that you are marrying more women after her.. If she agrees, fine, if she doesn't, go ahead and look for women who don't mind. Not that after promising that she is your one and only, you now bring another woman or women... It should be an agreement between both partners...

Any man who after getting married but had it in mind to marry extra women without informing his wife or went ahead and marry another woman or women without is wife's knowledge is A BLOODY COWARD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Ranchhoddas: 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
It is not my position. It is a position observed happening in nature. To any in gay relationships, it is a position that is natural to them. Their right to this behaviour, I respect inasmuch that they are easy going, caring consenting adults in a faithful, committed, loyal faithful, loving, sex same sex relationship that lasts a lifetime, has no betrayal or cheating of anyone, no harm to an object or neighbour
I am sure a mad person think his madness is natural.

You know me by now, what my religion is. I also have already shared my views on polygamy. There is nothing evil or disgusting in polygamy, but personally it is not my cup of tea. I wouldn't necessarily desire polygamy on my worst enemy. I am not sure whether I had responded to the earlier Isaiah 4:1 verse, but if I haven't, it is related to my reply here, that says, desperate times requires desperate measures. It was similar desperate times during the period of the wars to spread Islam, that necessitated Mohammed to declare Muslims can have up to 4 wives, because of the dearth of men, due to few men being about due to being casualties of war and too many widows as a result of the same reason
I am not familiar with your Mohammed narrative. I thought it had to do with the wife that bore him a child.

We are free to do all things but not all things are profitable. Polygamy has more cons than pros.
This is very debatable. In fact it is untrue.

1/ Will you be happy to share you partner with multiple men/women?
I take the fifth

Are you familiar with the phrase, "social smoker"?
Yes

Human being have the impulse to stray or have a fling. Some don't act out that impulse, some dont
So you agree that monogamy is unnatural then. Why we come dey argue since?

Have you ever touched your partner in a particular part of her/his body, and suddenly discovered that your partner gets set off on ecstatic pleasure when touched at that particular part of the body. You never knew this before then but just stumbled upon it whilst exploring the body. That is just one simple instance of getting to know your partner, if you are all about just jumping in and going into your partner, you wouldn't notice the pleasure or take in anything like that. There are a gazillion and one things to find out and know. It will take you a lifetime to discover them all
Na wa ooo...
We need to explore many partners to discover many things.

You haven't been able to specifically say what is evil and/or what exactly is disgusting in and/or with same sex relationships.
Words fail me.
Iranu, Abasha

Iranu Abasha

Do you know that song?
Phyno, Olamide and Lil Kesh
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Sterope(f): 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
Marriageable is different from population size.

Say you have a population size of both genders. 200 people, 100 men to 100 women or 80 men to 150 women. The number of women that will be ready to walk down the aisle at that particular period is often less than the men. The men that are not ready will wait till they are financially secure then go for younger women.

lovelygurl:

This is not true!

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 19, 2019
Sterope:
Marriageable is different from population size.

Say you have a population size of both genders. 200 people, 100 men to 100 women or 80 men to 150 women. The number of women that will be ready to walk down the aisle at that particular period is often less than the men. The men that are not ready will wait till they are financially secure then go for younger women.

To be honest, I was just being sarcastic and irritated by his "arguments". I do not believe that there's sth. like a "marriagesble age".

These are things that can't be seen in black and white.

Some men and women never want to get married, some might want to, but will never, and the chances of some getting married are low (e.g when you have a mental sickness, or you're disabled, for instance crippled etc). Let's be honest here. Are they excluded or included from the so called "marriageable age"

Moreover, marriage is not just based on choice, but love. In my opinion, it is at least 70% love and 30% choice

Besides, everybody (ESPECIALLY women) should be financially stable before getting married because you never can tell what and how tomorrow is going to be. This is not about being pessimistic, but realistic. Sh*t happens, people get a divorce, people die, people fall ill etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 19, 2019
PRESENTATION:

grin

Lol grin

Don't you agree ni grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 19, 2019
Katier00:
Nice piece but one man, one wife
one wife and side chiks
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Sterope(f): 9:37am On Jan 19, 2019
Marriageable age is basically the age where you are to tie the knot or looking for a commitment. There are exceptions to the rule but it still remains that any particular time, more women will start to desire a meaningful and long term commitment than the men. The men will go for women outside their age group thus creating an imbalance. You will notice this dynamics after uni.

I agree with your last paragraph. However, it does not mean that these women may not have a job.
Unlike women, men will wait till when they believe are financially comfortable to raise a family.

lovelygurl:

To be honest, I was just being sarcastic and irritated by his "arguments". I do not believe that there's sth. like a "marriagesble age".

These are things that can't be seen in black and white.

Some men and women never want to get married, some might want to, but will never, and the chances of some getting married are low (e.g when you have a mental sickness, or you're disabled, for instance crippled etc). Let's be honest here. Are they excluded or included from the so called "marriageable age"

Moreover, marriage is not just based on choice, but love. In my opinion, it is at least 70% love and 30% choice

Besides, everybody (ESPECIALLY women) should be financially stable before getting married because you never can tell what and how tomorrow is going to be. This is not about being pessimistic, but realistic. Sh*t happens, people get a divorce, people die, people fall ill etc
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Katier00(f): 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
bamidelee:

one wife and side chiks
i concur and one hubby, one bobo
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2019
Katier00:
i concur and one hubby, one bobo
you're realistic
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
Sterope:
Marriageable age is basically the age where you are to tie the knot or looking for a commitment. There are exceptions to the rule but it still remains that any particular time, more women will start to desire a meaningful and long term commitment than the men. [/b]The men will go for women outside their age group thus creating an [b]imbalance. You will notice this dynamics after uni.

I agree with your last paragraph. However, it does not mean that these women may not have a job.
Unlike women, men will wait till when they believe are financially comfortable to raise a family.

I do understand where you're coming from, but I just don't agree.
I do not believe that more women seek a long term commitment than men, simply because those women are marrying/married men, who were as well seeking a long term commitment.

These things depend on each other, the more single ladies there are, the more single men as well, the more married ladies, the more married men as well (that's if there's no gender gap)

What appears to be an imbalance is actually a balance. It's a cycle. A guy your age might be a no go for you, but that's someone's ( in this case a younger lady's dream man), while you are the younger lady of another man.

An imbalance only exist if there are way more women than men (or vice versa) in a country. China for example has a huge gender gap. There are way too many men than women. This is however not the case in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Agony Of Monogamy by djon78(m): 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
lovelygurl:

I do understand where you're coming from, but I just don't agree.
I do not believe that more women seek a long term commitment than men, simply because those women are marrying/married men, who were as well seeking a long term commitment.

These things depend on each other, the more single ladies there are, the more single men as well, the more married ladies, the more married men as well (that's if there's no gender gap)

What appears to be an imbalance is actually a balance. It's a cycle. A guy your age might be a no go for you, but that's someone's ( in this case a younger lady's dream man), while you are the younger lady of another man.

An imbalance only exist if there are way more women than men (or vice versa) in a country. China for example has a huge gender gap. There are way too many men than women. This is however not the case in Nigeria.

I am not supporting polygamy, but in looking at what you said. Men and women are not the same. Women have a shelf period of there prime when they are hot cake, men troop around them. But if they miss that period, there value in marriage market depreciates. That's why it is alarming many women today, who might be financial and career successful but are single and alone.

Today societal concepts have changed and it has brought with it many anomalies. Most especially in man versus woman paradigm. Women say they are gaining more ground, but in real sense, they are not.
Re: Agony Of Monogamy by MuttleyLaff: 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkxTuA8Ucm0
Polygamy helps the economy, it was stated in the above YouTube video, one participant when asked how many wives he had, audaciuosly replied back: Seven!

What if youths could take charge of electoral processes and had the power to influence the future of Nigeria?
Ranchhoddas, I still havent forgotten replying you back on this thread and especially on this your interesting last post here ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea... / Want to shed weight? Come In Here!!! / Love Making Is A Mess, Disgusting And Smelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.