Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress (811 Views)

Niger: France Backs Down, To Withdraw Envoy, Troops / Nato's Supreme Allied Commander Told Congress No More Nato In Eastern Europe / US Congress Asks Google To Explain Why Trump's Photo Shows When You Type 'idiot' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by Hotfrom9ja: 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ousted U.S Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, has told Congress that she felt threatened by President Donald Trump.

Yovanovitch stated that Trump made disparaging comments about her in a July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

She also described how she was recalled from Kiev in the middle of the night after being told by U.S officials they were no longer able to protect her, apparently under directions from the White House.

“It was terrible, it was not the way I wanted my career to end”, Dpa quoted her as saying.

When asked if she felt threatened by Trump telling Zelensky that she’s going to go through some things,’’ she says clearly: `I did.’

Yovanovitch recalled that she was shocked, appalled, devastated that the president of the U.S would talk about any ambassador like that to a foreign head of state.

“And it was me. I couldn’t believe it”, she added.

https://hotfrom9ja.com/trump-impeachment-latest-what-sacked-us-envoy-told-congress/

1 Like

Re: Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by SadiqBabaSani: 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
If after all this Trump isn't impeached then......

2 Likes

Re: Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by Okoroawusa: 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
SadiqBabaSani:
It's very hard to remove an American President from office

2 Likes

Re: Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by 0monnak0da: 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
Okoroawusa:

It's very hard to remove an American President from office
Much easier than a Zimbabwean President
Re: Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by beresponsible(m): 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
Sentimental but not impeachable offense
Re: Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by rexwalters: 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
SadiqBabaSani:
Trump and Buhari, Starski & Hutch, where is Reno Omokri to wail for us?
Re: Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by fergie001: 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
I don't know why Pelosi fell for this bait....I just don't.

She had stuck to her convictions before now, then let emotions take over.

A woman who defiantly opposed Clinton's impeachment even when the latter confirmed his affair with an aide.

Trump might be lousy, but does she think for one second this US Senate will support her?

Wish them well....we get our own wahala here....

1 Like

Re: Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by mu2sa2: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
SadiqBabaSani:
It is the senate that will vote to remove the president from office. Trump is not likely to be removed, because the Republicans are in the majority in senate.

1 Like

Re: Trump Impeachment Latest: What Sacked US Envoy Told Congress by fykes(m): 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
To me I don't think these reps are looking for an impeachment.
What they are pushing for is an indictment. That way his voters and support even in his own party will be greatly reduced or compromised so much that he can't be renominated by his party primaries.
The whole agenda is more like making sure he doesn't run again.

Personally me thinks Trump means we'll for America, but he's not a politician.
He's got no diplomacy at all.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Trump Commutes The Sentence Of Roger Stone, Releases Scathing Statement / Just In: US Elections: Trump Cries Out Over Alleged Electoral Fraud (see His Twe / Ukraine Says Scores Of Russians Killed In Kherson Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.