Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! (1122 Views)

Dangote Chimamanda Adichie, Davido, Adeboye Most Influential Africans In World / 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China / 25 Richest People In World In 2018 And Their Net Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by jidowu84: 12:31am On Nov 16, 2019
Hello world! I Don catch thief o!!! How best can i take airtel Nigeria to justice. I have a concrete evidence. How in this world will 6gig data vanish in one night?
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by SweetPreeq(m): 1:18am On Nov 16, 2019
You were on Netflix ba
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by oz4real83(m): 4:45am On Nov 16, 2019
I keep saying it that the 1g we have nowadays is actually 200mb. These telecommunication companies didn't want to increase the prices of data because of outrage from Nigerians, they decided to reduce the quantity discreetly. 2g data bundle is not more than 500mb. Gone are those days when we will roll over 1g monthly suscription to the other month even after many downloads.

2 Likes

Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by nairamaniac: 5:58am On Nov 16, 2019
oz4real83:
I keep saying it that the 1g we have nowadays is actually 200mb. These telecommunication companies didn't want to increase the prices of data because of outrage from Nigerians, they decided to reduce the quantity discreetly. 2g data bundle is not more than 500mb. Gone are those days when we will roll over 1g monthly suscription to the other month even after many downloads.

Its the increase in RAM's of most phones these days dat makes it seem this way.

Like 4 years ago, most handsets had like 1GIG RAM and below.

These days most fons have like 2GIG RAM and above.

For 2good years, between 2014 and 2016, I used a 1GIG RAM phone.
For those years, 1GB of data could last for over 2weeks.

Now and for past 1year, I use a 3GIG RAM Phone. 1GB of Data last less than 1week.

So u see, the bigger the RAM, the faster your browsing&downloading, clearer WhatsApp calls without interruptions and even better video calls.

But the data zaps more even wen u perform little task on a bigger RAM phone.
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by oz4real83(m): 6:23am On Nov 16, 2019
nairamaniac:

Now and for past 1year, I use a 3GIG RAM Phone. 1GB of Data last less than 1week.

So u see, the bigger the RAM, the faster your browsing&downloading, clearer WhatsApp calls without interruptions and even better video calls.

we know about the ram issue but how come some telecoms data bundle last more than that of others, the same gig size, browsing frequency?
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by nairamaniac: 8:26am On Nov 16, 2019
oz4real83:
we know about the ram issue but how come some telecoms data bundle last more than that of others, the same gig size, browsing frequency?

I think u are very right. I use airtel and mtn. And both zaps like hell equally.

So I assumed all networks are same for data consumption.

Which network data last the longest from ur own experience?
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by oz4real83(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2019
nairamaniac:

I think u are very right. I use airtel and mtn. And both zaps like hell equally.

So I assumed all networks are same for data consumption.

Which network data last the longest from ur own experience?
my mtn subscription lasts a little longer than my glo. Don't forget the word I used "a little" grin My glo may last one week while my mtn may be one week and two days grin
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by jidowu84: 11:16am On Nov 16, 2019
@nairamaniac All this gig or no gig points are baseless. we know you are their agent but I want you to know that the day of reckoning is coming for you and your company . The many frauds of airtel mobile data in particular is alarming. Pls Guys, what are your experience on on their mifi? Or should I port to glo Mifi? Who have experience.

1 Like

Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by nairamaniac: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
jidowu84:
@nairamaniac All this gig or no gig points are baseless. we know you are their agent but I want you to know that the day of reckoning is coming for you and your company . The many frauds of airtel mobile data in particular is alarming. Pls Guys, what are your experience on on their mifi? Or should I port to glo Mifi? Who have experience.

Take it easy. I am nobody's agent. I am as angry as u are with the way data gets exhausted.

And iv been on airtel and mtn for data for past 6months.

Although iv used airtel more.

I really didnt see much difference between both.

And I concluded its due to my high gigabit RAM fon.

Like someone here mentioned, even if there is a difference, it can't be so much between the networks with all other factors like RAM being constant.
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by oz4real83(m): 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nigerian banks and telecoms have the same characteristics, even if you don't perform any transaction with your account, your account balance can turn to zero naira due to irrelevant withdrawals by banks in the name of bank charges. The only difference is that telecoms will want you to roll over your data to another month by re-subscribing. They are all bunch of thieves.
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by MountainView: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
Its actually 6Gig I do check my data usage consumption, and they give you exactly what you paid for.

And I'm talking about Airtel, can't speak for other ISP's

Some websites you visit are over 5MB, a website like YouTube will eat up somewhere around 6-10 MB on first visit, so be careful before you start accusing them of something you don't understand how it works.

meanwhile, I use over 12Gigabyte of data everyday, with multiple Airtel Sims, I download YouTube playlists.

2 Likes

Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by oz4real83(m): 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
MountainView:
Its actually 6Gig I do check my data usage consumption, and they give you exactly what you paid for.

Some websites you visit are over 5MB, a website like YouTube will eat up somewhere around 6-10 MB on first visit, so be careful before you start accusing them of something you don't understand how it works.

meanwhile, I use over 12Gigabyte of data everyday, with multiple Airtel Sims, I download YouTube playlists.
do you know how much data consumed for a page you clicked on, started booting but never opens? Do u know how much data wasted for this? And it happens everytime.
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by jidowu84: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
MountainView:

Are you using a cheat?
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by shogsman(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2019
nairamaniac:

Your comment is laughable,I take it that you’re not a tech guy,increase in ram has nothing to do with data usage.if your assumptions were true people like us using 32gig ram PCs ,12gig ram phones would have revolt by now.the two does not even correlate at all.
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by shogsman(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
jidowu84:
Hello world! I Don catch thief o!!! How best can i take airtel Nigeria to justice. I have a concrete evidence. How in this world will 6gig data vanish in one night?

Show us your data usage,they can’t just zap your data like that,it ain’t possible,some background apps did the job.
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by nairamaniac: 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
shogsman:

Your comment is laughable,I take it that you’re not a tech guy,increase in ram has nothing to do with data usage.if your assumptions were true people like us using 32gig ram PCs ,12gig ram phones would have revolt by now.the two does not even correlate at all.

Sorry, what the make and model of your phone thats 12GIG Ram??

Bigger RAM make everything faster and clearer. But it also makes that very phone consume more data upon performing same task than a lower RAM'ed up phone would consume.

Iv practicalised this severally with 2 different handsets having 2 different RAMS.

U wdnt notice this much with a sight like nairaland.
Cos nairaland doesnt even consume data dat much.

Try a sight like ESPN.COM.

Iv actually bought 100mb on my airtel sim on my 1GIG RAM fon.
Then I open 20pages on ESPN websight, didnt play one single video while on it.
I checked my data *140# I had 70mb left.

I tried the same thing on my 3gig handset with same 100mb data, opened 20pages. And I have around 25mb left.

Iv done same with whatsapp call with 50mb data for my 1gig ram fon.
It spoke for up to 30mins

My 3gig ram didnt last even 15mins with 50mb data.

The RAM aids speed, clarity and downloads etc. But it calls for more data consumption to perform similar task.

Lastly, perhaps you haven't revolted cos you usually purchase high data most times.

Try buying your data in bits like 200 or 300mb, on your 12gig ram phone and see if it would last uo to 6hours on nairaland alone.

2 Likes

Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by shogsman(m): 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
nairamaniac:

Sorry, what the make and model of your phone thats 12GIG Ram??

Bigger RAM make everything faster and clearer. But it also makes that very phone consume more data upon performing same task than a lower RAM'ed up phone would consume.

Iv practicalised this severally with 2 different handsets having 2 different RAMS.

U wdnt notice this much with a sight like nairaland.
Cos nairaland doesnt even consume data dat much.

Try a sight like ESPN.COM.

Iv actually bought 100mb on my airtel sim on my 1GIG RAM fon.
Then I open 20pages on ESPN websight, didnt play one single video while on it.
I checked my data *140# I had 70mb left.

I tried the same thing on my 3gig handset with same 100mb data, opened 20pages. And I have around 25mb left.

Iv done same with whatsapp call with 50mb data for my 1gig ram fon.
It spoke for up to 30mins

My 3gig ram didnt last even 15mins with 50mb data.

The RAM aids speed, clarity and downloads etc. But it calls for more data consumption to perform similar task.

Nah ram doesn’t affect clarity,speed etc,that’s the work of the processor.it all depends on the network speed,if you pair a 2gig ram and a 12gig ram on the same 4g network the speed will be almost identical.
But the speed of a phone can surely influence the way you use it hence results to more data consumption.
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by nairamaniac: 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
shogsman:

Nah ram doesn’t affect clarity,speed etc,that’s the work of the processor.it all depends on the network speed,if you pair a 2gig ram and a 12gig ram on the same 4g network the speed will be almost identical.
But the speed of a phone can surely influence the way you use it hence results to more data consumption.

Can u try opening like 20pages on your 12gig ram phone on ESPN.COM

Den do the same 20pages on a 2gig ram phone on the same ESPN.COM.

try doing it after buying like 100mb data.

Compare the data consumed on both phones.

Its a very simple experience.

U may be more techy Dan I am. But its an experiment iv done over and over.

Try let us know the result.

1 Like

Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by jidowu84: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
shogsman:

Show us your data usage,they can’t just zap your data like that,it ain’t possible,some background apps did the job.
Pls show me how to you my data usage sir. Cos all my apps have been set to Wi-Fi only for updates of which I use in the office. Check the pic I posted and see for your self the time and date
Re: 6gig Finish In One Night???? Airtel Is The Highest Armed Rubber In World!!! by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 27, 2019
Most of these people complaining about data being zapped watch alot of Instagram videos! You will be watching Tunde Ednut's videos on Instagram and expect your data to last?

An instagram video of just 2 minutes can consume over 120mb

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing In 2020 / Best data plan in Nigeria / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.