Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach (7880 Views)

Peter Obi Support Group Hold Free Medical Outreach In Gombe State (Pictures) / Sheikh Gumi Takes Medical Outreach To Herdsmen In Kogi Forest / IPOB Attacks Hausa Residents In Rivers State. 2 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by memez: 6:52am On Nov 16, 2019
More than 300 residents of Mushin, on Thursday, benefitted from a free medical outreach organised by the Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre (NAFRC) in Oshodi, Lagos.

At the medical outreach which held at the Primary Health Centre (PHC) in Papa Ajao, military doctors, lab scientists, nurses and caregivers offered various services including test and treatment for malaria, optical and dental concerns, HIV, Hepatitis and sugar screenings as well as immunisation of children with measles-second dose.

Cardiovascular experts were also available to counsel residents on ways to prevent or manage heart related diseases.

According to NAFRC Commandant Air Vice Marshal (AVM), Abubakar-Sadick Liman, the maiden medical rhapsody was part of efforts to improve civil-military relations, adding that Mushin piloted the project because it is the centre’s host community.

He said those whose cases needed further attention would be referred to the NAFRC medical centre, where they would also be treated at no cost to them.

“I would like to correct the wrong impression that military medical facilities do not attend to civilians. I would like you to purge your minds of this erroneous notion as our medical facilities are open to all categories of civilians. No one will harass or deny you access as long as your mission is clearly stated at our gates.

“It is usually said that a healthy nation is a wealthy nation. Therefore, this medical outreach will in no small way contribute to the health of this community,” he said.

The Nation reports that beneficiaries with optical or dental issues were given free correctional toothpastes and eyeglasses while all who registered received free treated mosquito nets.

Appreciating the Commandant for the gesture, Chairman Mushin Local Government Area (LGA) Emmanuel Gbamgboye said it would go a long way to improve the health of the people.

He said the free medical outreach would complement ongoing efforts by the local government, stressing that there were mobile clinics stationed at strategic locations that provide free services to the people.

Gbamgboye said his government renovated six PHCs last week, adding that they have been supporting the General Hospital in Mushin to deliver better services to the people.

“We have a mini General Hospital at Igbowo which we are trying to equip. We have changed some of our service to 24 hours and have been buying a lot of equipments. We also have Mobile Clinic on monthly basis which renders free service to our people.

“We have rehabilitated some schools and even some NGOs are supporting us in that regard. I have done over 28 roads since I assumed office and we are doing about eight road projects now.

“Presently, Ifelodun, Igbira Street, Sobowale, Olanubi, among others are under construction. We have over 600 streets in Mushin and we are doing our best,” he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/military-treats-over-300-mushin-residents-in-free-medical-outreach/amp/

1 Like

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Gracespecial101(m): 7:04am On Nov 16, 2019
Nice Work Keep the love Flowing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Mynd44: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2019
The last time this happened, everyone ran away immediately the military got there and set up in the location

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by darthv: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2019
the last time the military tried this in the south, parent were seen running helter skelter, to secure their children from school.

with the paranoid mentality of potential harm

13 Likes

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Huchennar(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2019
This is a great development, it shows that not only the police is your friend but military too.

that one no mean say u fit speed past them for road o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Lagosfinder(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2019
good initiative from the army
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by CyberEBOLA(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2019
Is this good news or bad news?

1 Like

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by KingAzubuike(f): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2019
when has it become the duty of the military to offer free medicals to civilians. They should focus more on their wounded and crippled soldiers scattered all over the country and not civilians. Common sense should tell you they are on a mission to eliminate Igbos living in Lagos with a deadly vaccine gotten with the help of the American CIA.

3 Likes

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by helinues: 7:08am On Nov 16, 2019
Nice one

Kudos to the Military commander for the initiatives
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by morikee: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2019
Nice work army
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by alizma: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2019
I dont want to be tribalistic this morning but is that not papa Ngozi?
They always say this government is not doing anything but each time there is benefit coming, you will see them at the front row.

3 Likes

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Mandysoo: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2019
Good one
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 16, 2019
For where ?
not in d mushin i am

1 Like

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Tranquillity360: 7:11am On Nov 16, 2019
But what they carried to east is python dance and monkey pox.
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by munchi(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2019
So as people didn’t run,can we say we now feel comfortable around them? or only the northerners came for the check up?

Meanwhile we might have two mushin in Nigeria ...let me check map and update you guys later
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by EmekaMD(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Mynd44:
The last time this happened, everyone ran away immediately the military got there and set up in the location
did you also run?
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Edoi(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by KingAzubuike(f): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2019
darthv:
the last time the military tried this in the south, parent were seen running helter skelter, to secure their children from school.

with the paranoid mentality of potential harm
You can't blame them.. it's unheard of to see the military giving free vaccine and drugs. Let them channel their money to buying good weapons. If you take that vaccine, na oyo you dey ..I wouldn't even allow them give my kids such.

1 Like

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by alizma: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Lol when has it become the duty of the military to offer free medicals to civilians. They should focus more on their wounded and crippled soldiers scattered all over the country and not civilians. Common sense should tell you they are on a mission to eliminate IPOB with a deadly vaccine gotten with the help of the American CIA.
Those guys are wounded and crippled so that you may have peaceful sleep.

5 Likes

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by LOGOBELT: 7:15am On Nov 16, 2019
Good work

Meanwhile, HP Wireless 2630 4-in-1 Printer is available for sales @ 10k, working perfectly, check my signature for contact.
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Scatterscatter(m): 7:15am On Nov 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:
when has it become the duty of the military to offer free medicals to civilians. They should focus more on their wounded and crippled soldiers scattered all over the country and not civilians. Common sense should tell you they are on a mission to eliminate Igbos living in Lagos with a deadly vaccine gotten with the help of the American CIA.

I know you are only trying to be funny so let me pity you and laugh... "hahahaha undecided"

I hope you now feel like you've made it in life lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by Sirmuel1(m): 7:15am On Nov 16, 2019
wink
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by majamajic(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:

I saw a crippled soldier with crutches yesterday in ketu , it was a terrible sight . nearly shed tears
Re: Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach by princemillla(m): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2019
Commendable

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Signs ₦10.8 Trillion Revised 2020 Budget / ‘Stop Panic Buying’ — NNPC Assures Nigerians Of 30-Day Petrol Stock / Gunshots, 5 Killed In Yola,adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.