Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria (10690 Views)

Buhari Charges Super Eagles On Fourth AFCON Title / Ahmed Musa Wins League Title With His Club In Saudi Arabia / Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrating Winning The Serie A Title With The Juventus Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by praizblog: 7:08am On Nov 16, 2019
Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr has stated that his goal with the Nigerian national football team is to win the upcoming African Nations Cup in 2021, Praizenews report.

Rohr, who guided the Super Eagles to victory against Benin on Wednesday is out of contract in June 2020 but says his plan is to lead Nigeria to the summit of the African tournament rather than just qualify for it.

Nigeria face Lesotho in it's second match of AFCON 2021 qualifying this weekend and hope to make it a second win during this international football window.

The Franco-German coach who once played for Bayern Munich led Nigeria to a second-round exit in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and a third-place finish in the Africa Cup of Nations earlier this year.

Speaking on his future plans, Rohr said;

“It will be exciting for me to win the 2021 AFCON title with Nigeria. That’s my desire, and I will be the most excited.”
“So winning against Benin is just the beginning. I can’t be excited until we win the title in 2021.”

Reminiscing on the Super Eagles win over Benin, Rohr said to reporters; “The Super Eagles had a lot of scoring opportunities, but they failed to convert all of them.”

“In the second half, we played a very good match, ‘one-touch two-touch’, and we have good wingers. We had a lot of opportunities, and with the changes we made, we did very well. It is good for us.”

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1275997-gernot-rohr-nigerias-coach-relishes-afcon-2021-dream-2-1-win-benin.html

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by praizblog: 7:08am On Nov 16, 2019
See More Photos ==> HERE

cheesy Nigerians will be happy

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:39am On Nov 16, 2019
Without it you'd be deemed a failure. Can't remember when last we had so much young talents scattered all over the place.
With
S Chukwueze
M Simon
H Onyekuru
J Aribo
T Ebuehi
V Osimhen
J Collins
W Ndidi
S Kalu
S Iwobi
O Etebo
K Omeruo
T Kong
and a long list of others nothing less is expected.

Your greatest undoing Will be still hanging on to
D Akpeyi
P Onuachu
and the likes. The Akpeyi(basket) cost you the last edition. Unless you haven't learnt your lesson

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by sojayy(m): 7:47am On Nov 16, 2019
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Jestin: 7:47am On Nov 16, 2019
I think with the calibers of players we have right now , that dream can be achieved

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by nuhu2018(m): 7:47am On Nov 16, 2019
promise
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by BUSHHUNTER: 7:47am On Nov 16, 2019
Africa football has changed, Egypt drew their match at home, Morocco drew at home, Cameroon drew at home also

Nigeria struggled to beat Benin republic.

The coach should shut up for now!

18 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 16, 2019
Good for him
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 16, 2019
grin
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by omowolewa: 7:48am On Nov 16, 2019
Okay o

He has learned alot from NFF sponsored coaching course.
Great

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by ZombieTERROR: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2019
That's the kinda talk I like

Just remove Abokki from the team and we good
Soccer is not their thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Starboyyy: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2019
of course.... who wan stop us?.... Ivory Coast or Ghana? .... mtcheww
When I watch Samuel Chukwueze play in Villareal I'm always joyed, looks like running on the flanks with Arjen Robben or Adriano in PES 09 on PS2
cheesy... Joe Aribo another maestro... what a team we have

Up Naija jare cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by ofemigeorge(m): 7:51am On Nov 16, 2019
embarassed
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by ForeThinker: 7:51am On Nov 16, 2019
We hope so
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2019
We are up to the task
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by complexBoss12: 7:52am On Nov 16, 2019
with ur clear lack of tactics.... smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Beface(m): 7:53am On Nov 16, 2019
He know say his contract dey expire next year, so he dey used logic make NFF renew the contract. Oyibo's with their sense!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2019
Ok. Fingers crossed and all the best.
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by sylve11: 7:55am On Nov 16, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
That's the kinda talk I like

Just remove Abokki from the team and we good
Soccer is not their thing

stop this nonsense talk jare. undecided cool

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Ajibel(m): 7:56am On Nov 16, 2019
Mr Rohr we dont expect less. It's so bad that other local coaches have been failing and you're the only one with your team still able to put smiles on our faces. Win the nations cup and Nigerians wont forget you like we haven't forgotten Keshi.

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by watchindelta(m): 7:56am On Nov 16, 2019
Ummm really

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by kechywillz(m): 7:57am On Nov 16, 2019
Paul Onachu and Daniel Akpeyi had nothing to offer to the super eagles,get rid of these men,super eagles with go far
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Owodiran1(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2019
Moya look away

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by watchindelta(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2019
With no goalkeeper abi undecided
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by kufre2010: 8:00am On Nov 16, 2019
Pure politics to so as to b reappointed. We need indigenous coach
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by invigilator(m): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2019
It's not a new promise
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by BreconHills(m): 8:07am On Nov 16, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Without it you'd be deemed a failure. Can't remember when last we had so much young talents scattered all over the place.
With
S Chukwueze
M Simon
H Onyekuru
J Aribo
T Ebuehi
V Osimhen
J Collins
W Ndidi
S Kalu
S Iwobi
O Etebo
K Omeruo
T Kong
and a long list of others nothing less is expected.

Your greatest undoing Will be still hanging on to
D Akpeyi
P Onuachu
and the likes. The Akpeyi(basket) cost you the last edition. Unless you haven't learnt your lesson

Give the bolded some slack. He represents a strategic change if needed. Same as Crouch was with Stoke in his later days. Sometimes you need that in your arsenal. The problem he has is that prefers crosses into the box. Our wingers however prefer to cut into the box and make an extra man. But I can see him come up in the last 10 minutes for impact.

When we are chasing the game we can bung balls into the box or he can come in and defend our box from late corners and crosses.

So I really get you and you make very good points. We have an amazing crop of talented and success hungry footballers. My prayer is that they dont fail to come good as the ivorian team of the 2000's and the dutch team of same period!

5 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by ubox: 8:08am On Nov 16, 2019
kufre2010:
Pure politics to so as to b reappointed. We need indigenous coach
How far ur U23 squad

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 16, 2019
Coach, fire on. Although I am a vegan, I want you to serve me Crocodile meat this weekend. To Maseru, we go.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by addexx: 8:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Win world cup first.

Then we shall think about taking you seriously undecided

Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by femi4: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2019
After dem don sack am
Re: Gernot Rohr Promises To Win The 2021 AFCON Title With Nigeria by solsticey2k3(m): 8:14am On Nov 16, 2019
No be today y***h dey back

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast. What Are Your Expectations? / Lampard Becomes 1st Chelsea Manager To Lose First Four Games In Charge / Rohr Hints On Ighalo Super Eagles Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.