Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

Please Help A Sis - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help A Sis (445 Views)

Help A First Time Dog Owner / Please Help A Little Boy. / Help A Bro. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Sis by sassybel(f): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2019
This is my first time to rear birds (chicks) and am having challenges.... please vets.in the house what could possibly be the cause of blindness in birds have bought several drugs still the issue persisted. Like about 5 out of 28 are blind haven't come across this before please I don't want to loose them to the cold hands of death.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sis by frowland(m): 9:13am On Nov 16, 2019
sassybel:
This is my first time to rear birds (chicks) and am having challenges.... please vets.in the house what could possibly be the cause of blindness in birds have bought several drugs still the issue persisted. Like about 5 out of 28 are blind haven't come across this before please I don't want to loose them to the cold hands of death.... Thanks

Yea, I need to know why also as my 100 Turkey birds developed stuff like that.
Although by chance, I released them to roam free as my house seats on 3 plots. After a week thereabout, the blindness vanished and no single case.
I observed that each time they are in the cage, no matter how clean it is, they get that but when free it vanishes.
Maybe my bird house does not have good ventilation. Maybe that's one of the reason.
Re: Please Help A Sis by chukskafor(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
Your questions are in the wrong section, take your thread to agriculture section, that's where they belonged.

So you may know, they are suffering from fowlpox; get pox cure and administer in water.... prescription is on the body
Re: Please Help A Sis by chukskafor(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
sassybel:
A picture of the bird will be appreciated for assessment, as well as the cage
meanwhile, if you are using sawdust, desist from it, wood shaving is best for you
Your birds are suffering from fowlpox
Give pox cure in water and multivitamin drug, you can equally add electrolyte as well
Top of all, cultivate a healthy environment for them (try to clean cage regularly and make sure their dropping don't get into their food and water
Re: Please Help A Sis by kobosmart(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
sassybel:
grin are you sure they didnt see u n@aked and gouge their eyes out?
Re: Please Help A Sis by chukskafor(m): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lol@kobosmart, guy na wa for you o; be serious for once na

(1) (Reply)

Dog For Adoption Please .. I Want A Dog Ibadan / Port Harcourt Dog Lovers Lets Meet Here. / Rednose Female Pitbull Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.