Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

How Do I Solve This Abnormally - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Solve This Abnormally (1455 Views)

My Honda Shuttle Consumes Fuel Abnormally / How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Solve This Abnormally by xavuv: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2019
Take a look at the pics. Please what can i do to stop oil sipping out of the engine. Its messing up the engine compartment, as i like my engine compartment to be neat and shiny.

Now i wish my chiefs here can enlighten me on what the problem is and solution(s) to it. I dont want anyhow kazeem to open up my baby and add more problems.

Oil is also dropping at a faster rate too. Initially though my baby burns 0.5Lt of oil for 1500miles.

I have been to kazeems quoting different prices. Some said they will repair the packing for 2thousand naira. some said i will buy another valve gasket for 7thousand naira.

Vehicle is Camry 2005, I4.

Thank you sirs/mas.

Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by xavuv: 10:53am On Nov 16, 2019

Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2019
Carry the whole engine out to fix the leakage..my mum’s Car had this issue recently, messed up the engine bay cos the oil was just feeding to the belt and spinning more oils everywhere...

the first Kazeem did it for 3500, the l akage only ra sucked but ddnt stop.....the second one collected 4K said the packing the first mechanic put wasn’t done well... the leakage reduce again but ddnt stop completely ...
so I met another probably a kareem this time who said the leakage spot on the engine is too close to the gear...that to properly fix it he would have to take out the engine...and that’s what he did ..and it finally stopped.. I might be wrong with ur case though
Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by xavuv: 11:41am On Nov 16, 2019
Ol. I hope this wount be my case. In my case oil is only sipping out from the top.

1StopRudeness:
Carry the whole engine out to fix the leakage..my mum’s Car had this issue recently, messed up the engine bay cos the oil was just feeding to the belt and spinning more oils everywhere...

the first Kazeem did it for 3500, the l akage only ra sucked but ddnt stop.....the second one collected 4K said the packing the first mechanic put wasn’t done well... the leakage reduce again but ddnt stop completely ...
so I met another probably a kareem this time who said the leakage spot on the engine is too close to the gear...that to properly fix it he would have to take out the engine...and that’s what he did ..and it finally stopped.. I might be wrong with ur case though
Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by xavuv: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
Please help out oo
Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
Change your valve cover gasket.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by homeboy205: 7:08am On Nov 17, 2019
xavuv:
Ol. I hope this wount be my case. In my case oil is only sipping out from the top.

Yes that is not your case... you need a valve cover gasket. They don’t need to bring out the whole engine. They will remove the top cover and replace the gasket... it’s sold for #2000 for new I think and 1k for tokunbo
Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by xavuv: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2019
Thank you. Esheun.
I will get on it.

homeboy205:

Yes that is not your case... you need a valve cover gasket. They don’t need to bring out the whole engine. They will remove the top cover and replace the gasket... it’s sold for #2000 for new I think and 1k for tokunbo
Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by Nyceguy92: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oil seeping from the valve cover is a common issue with cars over time.

Usually it isn't much problem until oil loss becomes significant and makes your engine look dirty.

Either the bolts holding down the cover is loose or the gasket is worn/flattened out in some places.

The fix is simple: replace the gasket. It is about 30-40 minutes job.

If you are not sure who to believe, I suggest you go the to the market and buy the gasket yourself and pay for labour, maybe 1K.

Also check that you are not losing oil from the engine side, around the pulley area. There is a rubber seal there that can go bad in time.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve This Abnormally by xavuv: 8:14am On Nov 21, 2019
Thanks baba.
Im not losing oil by the sides, just stains there.
Its been fixed. 4k fixed it. Im still watching out for leak anyway.

Nyceguy92:
Oil seeping from the valve cover is a common issue with cars over time.

Usually it isn't much problem until oil loss becomes significant and makes your engine look dirty.

Either the bolts holding down the cover is loose or the gasket is worn/flattened out in some places.

The fix is simple: replace the gasket. It is about 30-40 minutes job.

If you are not sure who to believe, I suggest you go the to the market and buy the gasket yourself and pay for labour, maybe 1K.

Also check that you are not losing oil from the engine side, around the pulley area. There is a rubber seal there that can go bad in time.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: See How New York Turned Refrigerated Trailers Into Temporary Morgue / Torque Wrench Needed / What Make Of Car Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.