Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence (30003 Views)

Kogi: INEC Cancels Election In Ogori-Magongo LGA Over Pre-Recorded Result Sheets / INEC Cancels Seven Poling Units In Kogi State / Breaking: INEC Cancels Supplementary Elections In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by BayelsaVoice: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
Voting has been cancelled in Ologi (Ward 03) of Ogbia Local Government Area (LGA), a senior electoral official has said, following a violent incident that included “seizing” of an electoral official.

The official, Ukuachukwu Orji, who is the INEC supervisory resident electoral commissioner for Ogbia LGA, said members of the Ologi community forcibly prevented election in the riverine area.

“As our people (electoral officers) were coming into the community after crossing the river, they seized them and the materials and burnt all the materials.”

“They chased our people away and seized some but the military rescued them.”

Mr Orji, who is originally the REC for Anambra State, spoke in Otuoke (Ward 13 of Ogbia LGA) where President Goodluck Jonathan and his family voted.

He said election in the community was then cancelled as a consequence of the violence.

He expressed satisfaction that election has been smooth in other communities that form the LGA, except in Ologi.

The governorship election in Bayelsa State is being held in all the eight local government areas of the state.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/363451-just-in-inec-cancels-election-in-bayelsa-community-over-violence.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Abfinest007(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
bayelsa election is always bloody

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Asek1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
The people of that community are still living in the dark ages

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by otokx(m): 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
Asek1:
The people of that community are still living in the dark ages

The public infrastructure in those communities are also in the dark ages.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by etrouble: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
otokx:

The public infrastructure in those communities are also in the dark ages.

I thought their son Goatluck Jonathan has turned their community to Paris

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by TissuePaper: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
APC thugs have never and will never disappoint

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by DrNueLpureHoney: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
Election no be War nii

1 Like

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
angry
Ever since APC Rose to prominence and became influential,every election that has ever taken place in Nigeria has been marred by violence .
There is no election APC participated in that has ever been peaceful and violence free.
Shots must be fired,lives must be lost ....
Tufiakwa for that demonic blood sucking party.
Now they have brought hate speech bill to spill more blood and quell public criticism.
APC is synonimous with death
Spits! angry angry
Evil party angry angry

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by ursullalinda(f): 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
So INEC can't conduct a free and fair election in just 2 states?.....this INEC chairman no work oh

3 Likes

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Xucxex1997: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Una never see anything shebi na Nigeria we all die here to those that voted boooohari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Officialgarri: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Dickson and PDP are trying their best to win a lost battle

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Patosky4U: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
When shall we get it right in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Afamed: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
TissuePaper:
APC thugs have never and will never disappoint
PDP e warriors will never disappoint us

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Coldie(m): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
I don't know what to say about Bayelsa. To me with all the suffering and under development they have been through I thought they would want something better but it seems they are used to it

3 Likes

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Godhatesodomy: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
Wow
Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Xucxex1997: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
etrouble:

just see ur life nd ur parents thought u will become s1 in future

10 Likes

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by faruqola(m): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
election in my dear country (Nigeria) has turned to war.... "survival to the fittest" may God help us out
Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Ferdinandu(m): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
APC rigging tactics has just started again. Send tugs to disrupt election in certain areas and the election is cancelled. If luckily for them the election becomes too close to call then use tugs again to rig the supplementary election

2 Likes

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
etrouble:

Good "thoughting" there bro. Jona goofed 120% home and away

3 Likes

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by GodCovenant(m): 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
as expected
Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Finnese001: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
As e dey hot
Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by ismoney: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
Is not right to blame any for the violence until the cause has been ascertained. We must live to love each other and to appreciate our diversities. Violence is never a true solution to man’s contemporary challenges. God bless Nigeria �� and give us peace.

1 Like

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Cherrybae(f): 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
David Lyon the incoming Governor. Congratulations to the man of the people

7 Likes

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Peacemaker5129(f): 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
No leflendum no erection

2 Likes

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by AkwalaIke1: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:
David Lyon the incoming Governor. Congratulations to the man of the people
[/s]
Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by lukui: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
this is not good, this is a waste of time and resources, but on the other hand if its to upkeep peace and security then let the people's mandate prevail.

Nigeria, when will we learn to conduct free and fair elections. Happy it's not INCONCLUSIVE this time!!!
Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by Hypocrit: 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
Election period always a time of sorrow and anguish in Nigeria.

Too bad.
Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by namiji2598: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
etrouble:

as for me bro, I don't believe that having any top politicians or president from ur state or zone can change the community, I have always believed that all Nigerian politicians are greedy and the same, thats why sometimes I laugh when people claims that the northern part of the country is or should be more developed than other part of the country, all these nonsense that the igbos are doing for presidency wont change their zones, na jus wash
the best thing is for we the youth to jus focus on our hustle and leave this nonsense, if u speak they say hate speech, if u protest, they go shoot u, ev state have representatives for either senate, ministers and governors but yet the country is still in dark ages
look at that picture the @OP used oooo imagine people going for voting under that kind place, voting for what exactly? and that place is either a village hall or a sch

5 Likes

Re: INEC Cancels Election In Ologi, Bayelsa Community Over Violence by klax(m): 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
Xucxex1997:
Una never see anything shebi na Nigeria we all die here
to those that voted boooohari

Bro dem neva see anything yet. the moment apc install their mole in that region dem go use their oil take bully dem to submission to cabals authority infact use their oil take fight them. Dem neva see anything sheybi Una too foolish. No wahala na here we all dey.

I'm waiting for any bastard from.that region to come here and insult SW again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) / Wike Reacts To Amaechi's Award Rejection / Age And Place Of Birth Of Ministerial Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.