Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) (30017 Views)

Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix / Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Lagos Red Line Rail Project (Videos & Pics) / Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by naptu2: 4:22am On Dec 24, 2022
Olalere Odusote is the Lagos State Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources.

Olalere Odusote @OlalereOdusote

The Blue Line IPP (Independent Power Plant) is a major groundbreaking effort of the Babajide Sanwo-Olu Administration @jidesanwoolu @followlasg.

It was designed to ensure zero power interruption, withstand the electricity demand of the train, and deal. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oiEkDMXv3c

…with the complexity of converting AC Power to DC Power at the highest demand capacity in Nigeria, and possibly West Africa.

I’m honoured to have contributed to making history in Lagos with this groundbreaking project.
@LasgminEnergy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAWEjA6Qj8A

https://twitter.com/OlalereOdusote/status/1606014067985915904

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by naptu2: 4:22am On Dec 24, 2022
Babajide Sanwo-Olu @jidesanwoolu

Lagos, We have done it. As I sat in the beautiful airconditioned coach today, I smiled. A promise that has kept me up at night has finally been completed.

The first phase of the Blue Line Metro station running from Mile 2 to Marina has now been completed.

126 years after the first tram system that connected the mainland to the island, this first phase of the Blue Line is done.

COVID 19, civil unrests and other incidents that meant work had to shutdown for months came but we were determined to pursue this to its completion.

In January 2023, this project will be commissioned, beginning operations and also simultaneously flagging off the construction of Phase 2 (Mile 2 to Okoko).

For long term sustainability, we have developed an Independent Power Project which supplies electricity for the Metro line

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1605587940326768640

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by naptu2: 4:22am On Dec 24, 2022
Pictures.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by naptu2: 4:24am On Dec 24, 2022
More pictures.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by naptu2: 4:24am On Dec 24, 2022
Even more pictures.

33 Likes 5 Shares

End.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by deji17: 4:46am On Dec 24, 2022
Nice!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by Scarletjr(m): 4:46am On Dec 24, 2022
This is great Nigeria will be great again

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by after4: 4:47am On Dec 24, 2022
Nah the urchin wey go come talk sey nah tifnubu do this one I dey wait for

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by Urbanchampion: 4:48am On Dec 24, 2022
This is Lagos! Federal Republic of Eko. Kudos to Governor Sanwo Olu, for being able to run with the vision. Thank you, Asiwaju for setting the pace, Nigeria needs you, come 2023, for a renewal of our Hope.

144 Likes 28 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by Racoon(m): 4:48am On Dec 24, 2022
Nice efforts. Well deserved kudos to the LASG under Sanwo-Olu.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by kollinz1234(m): 4:50am On Dec 24, 2022
Even a monkey can rule Lagos and succeed but take it out of Lagos and see it incompetence. Take fashola for example; after doing wonders in Lagos, ordinary minister of power he could not handle lipsrsealed

Let's conduct a poll here on Nairaland, since we are sure of having enough of Tinubu's supporters here

LIKE FOR OBI

SHARE FOR TINUBU

MENTION PDP FOR ATIKU

The results of the outcome will be here for everyone to see

54 Likes 98 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by sojisenai(m): 4:50am On Dec 24, 2022
Wonderful development...

Meanwhile, if you have an elderly loved one, or a friend who is sick or disabled or a pregnant/nursing mother...and you need a reputable company to provide quality care for them, kindly check my signature for the best caregiving service company around.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by EnaibeSam: 4:51am On Dec 24, 2022
Okowa come and see what is called infrastructure

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by EtinosaDLaw(m): 4:51am On Dec 24, 2022
Urbanchampion:
This is Lagos! Federal Republic of Eko. Thank you, Asiwaju for setting the pace, Nigeria needs you, come 2023, a renewal of our Hope.

Of only your hope, not mine. Congratulate the man Sanwo Olu and his predecessors BRF and Ambode who initiated it and who carried it on respectively. Leave the drug lord out of it, he didn't even lay a grain of sand for this project.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by onuman: 4:56am On Dec 24, 2022
Urbanchampion:
This is Lagos! Federal Republic of Eko. Thank you, Asiwaju for setting the pace, Nigeria needs you, come 2023, a renewal of our Hope.

Semi-illiterate, even the announcer said the project was conceptualised by governor Sanwo-Olu.

Why bring your drug trafficking lord, Tinubu, into this?

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by fuadone(m): 4:56am On Dec 24, 2022
This is massive, congratulations to we Lagosians and all the people of Lagos.

naptu2:
Babajide Sanwo-Olu @jidesanwoolu

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1605587940326768640

8 Likes

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by seguno2: 4:57am On Dec 24, 2022
Urbanchampion:

As an urban champion, do you know how many thousands of people have been moved in the trains since the governor announced their completion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by MrPresident1: 4:57am On Dec 24, 2022
wink smiley
Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by herkeem: 4:57am On Dec 24, 2022
Good, incase you missed it. This is the inside of the Lagos Blue Light Rail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvNe2NuMbUs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by seguno2: 4:57am On Dec 24, 2022
fuadone:
This is massive, congratulations to we Lagosians and all the people of Lagos.

As massive as Amaechi’s announced free ride of 2019 elections that failed to happen for a train service that did not start moving people until two years later

titiloyeblog:

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi on Friday apologized to Nigerians over the suspension of the Iju-Abeokuta free train ride during the 2019 general elections.

Amaechi tendered the apology during the monthly rail inspection of the Lagos-Ibadan modernisation project in Ibadan.

He said that the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) suspended the three months free train ride due to security and safety of passengers.

“It was suspended by the Chinese and the excuse they gave me was that they cannot allow it run because of safety, since they have not completed the second line but they are almost through with it.

“It is almost completed from Iju to Abeokuta. I want to apologise to Nigerians that they suspended it when they left the country, which I didn’t envisage, they will go back soon,” Amechi said.

Speaking on his passion for the project, Amaechi said that the responsibility was given to him by President Muhammadu Buhari, which must be delivered to create jobs and boost the economy.

“I know you will say I’m stressed up but as a minister, I have a responsibility passed to me by Mr President and I must deliver on it.

“Also, the economy of Nigeria can be driven most importantly, if we can link the seaport to hinterland because when cargoes come, they must go.

“The more you are able to move goods and services to hinterland, the more you will create jobs and the more you create jobs, the more growth that you will have and that is my drive,” he said.

The minister, however, said that he was always passionate about his job, stating that if a new minister would takeover, his was sure that the person would have the passion to complete the project.

“You see, me and passion, if you watched me as the governor of Rivers, that same passion was there. I was restless at delivering my responsibility.

“I pray that whoever will be the Minister of Transportation should have the same passion and focus on that responsibility.

“You can never tell, that passion is everywhere,” he said.(NAN)

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/03/amaechi-apologises-to-nigerians-over.html

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by Image123(m): 4:58am On Dec 24, 2022
Congrats Lagos. Nigeria is so far behind that this such a great accomplishment. It's like a person in coma raising a finger, we'll all shout and cry for joy like we won World Cup.
So much work still to be done. The remaining 6 or so phases, the Red line rail, issue of security, people stealing equipment, damage and vandalism, effective ticketing, how to stop people shunting and manipulating tickets, how to effectively determine who is elderly and below 6years old, women rights, overcrowding etc. Nigeria is such a facepalm really.

BTW, due credits go to Tinubu for initiating this project. Is it not a baffling wonder? The Governor Sanwo Olu doing the project credits Tinubu, but people blinded by hatred say Tinubu has no part in it. But they are quick to ridiculously include Ambode and Lord Lugard in the project.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 24, 2022
I love the packaging, but the whole power grid isn't even installed across the rail lines yet, I know it's all for 2023... The train isn't even available for the general public yet, too many adverts on social media grin

I am waiting for one local boy that hasn't seen an electric powered train before to come and tell me I am wrong...

Also, the rail currently covers 2.7km (Mile 2 to Marina), if you're driving to Marina from CMS it's a 5-minute journey without traffic. They should hurry up and do it to Okoko so that Lasu and badagry area residents can use it.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by magicminister: 4:58am On Dec 24, 2022
Took over 16 years. Still great though!?

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by ipobarecriminals: 4:59am On Dec 24, 2022
cool Sanwo olu should invite the Gringory in Edo,Osadebe house to come and see how they do things. Wike should invite the Kerosene plus yellow Eba Gov to come and learn project work

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by seguno2: 5:01am On Dec 24, 2022
magicminister:
Took over 16 years. Still great though!?

Since 1999 is over 23 years, innit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by paschalj4(m): 5:02am On Dec 24, 2022
smileyso wetin dey 4 obodo oyibo don dey my country, God i thank u ooo.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by Ttalk: 5:03am On Dec 24, 2022
Where there is will, there's always a way

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by aylagos(m): 5:04am On Dec 24, 2022
Vv

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Blue Line Independent Power Project (Videos) by Realist12: 5:06am On Dec 24, 2022
Sometimes I'm forced to believe in destiny or could it be natural that Lagos has been having perfect governors everytime.
From an auditor, who reconfigure the financial framework of the states , to a Lawyer who sanitized his citizens and public administration, to another accountant who tried to chart a different course in public administration and infrastructure and currently a survey planner who understands the plans for Lagos and is executing it religiously. How won't everything fall in place. They are all good administrators trying to best their predecessors.
Looking forward to the next Lagos state governor by 2027.
No space for comedians in Lagos.
To those saying Tinubu has no contribution to this or still doubting the Master plan should research the agency in charge of the train LAMATA founded by Tinubu's administration, they should also research Tinubu's introduction off IPP to Lagos state .

52 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Bombing: Massob Threatens War / Ondo Govt's Statement On Lagos Crash / Lekan Adetayo: Punch Reporter Who Was Expelled From Aso Rock Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.