Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest (36412 Views)

Kogi Election: 3 Killed As Military Thwarts Ballot Box Snatching Attempt / Ekiti Bye-election: 3 Persons Feared Killed in Olujimi's Polling Unit / Election: 2 Persons Shot Dead In Ibadan South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by LabDNA: 4:50pm On Nov 16, 2019
The methodology of politicians---> Keep your areas peaceful but send thugs to the stronghold of your opponent to cause violence so that INEC will be forced to cancel elections in your opponents strongholds and declare you winner with votes from your areas of strength.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by AuwalYusuf812(m): 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
inside this life.....must we kill ourselves
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by ElderAnchor: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
We were almost getting elections right in 2015. When do we get it right again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by adenigga(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

APC and PDP are one and the same... APC battling hard for failure called Yeye Bello while PDP flexing muscle to install a stooge on Bayelsa people

On point!

God bless you!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by klax(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
Protest wetin I think Una say Una wan pass message to Dickson by giving your state to killer party called apc Pls go home and rest your protest is immaterial and useless.

apc is coming to give Una good dozes of hell.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Apc and pdp are devil's advocate

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Cherrybae(f): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
I'm on ground in Bayelsa, all the violence are carried out by thugs arranged and heavily paid by Dickson.

Bayelsa people have decided never to vote for party but for individual.

David Lyon is the peoes choice. People should allow Bayelsians decide and not to be in their state and spreading hate or falsehood.

David Lyon will be declared winner.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by YorubaPrince: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
Aturitoroman:
undecided
I don't Even understand why people are coming out to vote self,

When you know your vote won't count

Why waste your time to vote..

Exactly... when everyone stays in their homes. I wonder where they'll get the mandate from.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by jnoz23(m): 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
APC thugs dem,
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by vineyardfarms: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
IMAGINE THE ASPIRANTS KEPT THEIR FAMILIES FAR AWAY FROM HARM USING THE STUPID YOUTHS CALL TUGS TO PUT THEIR LIVES IN DANGER FOR PEANUTS. WHEN WILL THESE YOUTH LEARN TO AVOID THESE CRIMINALS - PEN ROBBERS - THIEVES CALLED POLITICIANS.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Angelfrost(m): 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
Negroes.... Tuehhhh!!!
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by AkwalaIke1: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:
I'm on ground in Bayelsa, all the violence are carried out by thugs arranged and heavily paid by Dickson.

Bayelsa people have decided never to vote for party but for individual.

David Lyon is the peoes choice. People should allow Bayelsians decide and not to be in their state and spreading hate or falsehood.

David Lyon will be declared winner.
[/s]
just like awara
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Xisnin(m): 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
Aturitoroman:
undecided

Dey there.
People come out because the vote counts.
Thugs invade polling stations because they know the votes count.
Politicians buy votes because they know the votes count.
It is a lie that votes don't count.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by anonymous1759(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
I don't blame the FG on this mata. If youths refuse to make themselves available I don't think those men will use their kids knowing fully well how our Security Agencies like shooting for Fun. Some Niggas need total orientation.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
ursullalinda:
Kogi is boiling....Bayelsa on fire....how will people elected under such circumstance act as humans when in power....I just weep for my country
Election is a do or die affair in Nigeria. Impoverished fangs, who cannot engage in legit business to earn a living but can only clinch power violently so they can have access free money

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Hypocrit: 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
Common election we can't conduct peacefully...

The youths are the problem though...

Nigeria election: a day of pain, tears, sorrow, anguish and suffering.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by realstars: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
This is war without end
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by CanadaOrBust: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
We need to stop pretending. Democracy is not meant for Africa and Africans. It simply does not suit us unless it is fake!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Billyanger(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
We need to stop pretending. Democracy is not meant for Africa and Africans. It simply does not suit us unless it is fake!

Straight up!
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by greatefa1011(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
Where are we coming from?
Where are we now?
Where are we going to?

NIGERIA land of violence.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Kingspin(m): 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
Are we coming back or front with INEC and Bubari?.

Nigeria is a wasteful place
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Dreambeat: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
So with this kind of violence, anyone that 'wins' will claim to have the mandate of the people.Okay!
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Taba21: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
mercyefe200:
At least three persons have been shot and stabbed at Opolo Ward 5 in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State during Saturday’s poll by suspected political thugs.

Those injured had been rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa for treatment.

Our Correspondent ran into women in peaceful protest against an alleged invasion by party thugs who invaded various polling units carrying dangerous weapons and shooting sporadically.

They carried various placards with various inscriptions, which read, “No elections in Ward 5.” “Federal Government, Come to our aid,” “We have been denied our rights to vote in Ward 5.” among others.

Doris, one of the leaders of the protesting women told our Correspondent that One Pere and another person simply called Prince were shot, while an elderly man was stabbed on the leg.

The women were protesting in the presence of the Police at the time of time our Correspondent ran into them.

They accused security agencies of allegedly giving covers to the rampaging armed thugs to chase out those they felt would not vote for their preferred candidate.

Also, there was skirmish at Agudama Epie Unit 9 Ward 4 where a suspected party agent was chased away and was nearly mobbed until policemen on patrol rescued him.

He was rescued by policemen on election duty.

A mild drama ensured when the photographs our Correspondent took when the party agent was being rescued by a team of policemen led by an Assistant Superintendent of Police, ASP, were forcefully deleted by the policemen who initially seized the mobile phone but released after appeal.

The policemen said although they were captured on camera rescuing the party agent as part of their duty, they did not want to captured on camera.

“We didn’t say you should not do your job as Journalists, because I am doing mine by rescuing the Party Agent, but don’t take my picture,” he said.

In Toru-Orua in Sagbama Local government area, Governor Seriake Dickson could not vote as scheduled because his polling unit was submerged by flood.

An ad-hoc arrangements were made for him and his wife to vote.

After casting his vote, he complained of reported cases of violence in some parts of the state.

In Tombia and Amassoma, the village of the late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the former Governor of Bayelsa State, visited by our Correspondent, election was peaceful.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/16/blood-bath-in-bayelsa-3-shot-angry-women-protest/amp/

That guy between those two young women is a mere thug I see no reason for this wailing
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by inyenejo(m): 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
The most corrupt political party in the world is apcshit under buharigg, tufia !
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Taba21: 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
Aturitoroman:
undecided

They are not wise at all
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by BlackBuhari: 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2019
THE GUY DEY POSE SEFF .
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Roozzaay(m): 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
Las las INEC people will 2mao tell Channels Tv correspondents that this is the most free and fair election devoid of violence and irregularities in the history of Bayelsa. And we all move grin
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by hammerD: 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
APC SHOULD STOP TRYING TO RIG THE SS.

THOSE PEOPLE WILL ALL RATHER DIE THAN HAVE AN ISLAMIC PARTY IN THEIR STATE.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
What pains me is that Buhari came and destroyed all the electoral gains made by Jonathan. For goodness sake, let's adopt electronic voting to avoid loss of lives, rigging and thuggery during election. I know that electronic voting has its disadvantages, but it's better than this manual voting that engenders loss of lives.
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by Taba21: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
mascot87:
This is 2019 and election in Nigeria is still like this? Spit

They will be no election take it or leave it Nigeria will be on fire burning before then but God knows his peoples
Re: Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest by frowland(m): 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2019
Aturitoroman:
undecided

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ike Ekweremadu, Bankole, Katsina-alu Get 21-day Eviction Notices / The 11 Sins Of Daura That Led To His Sack / More Pictures From PDP Rally In Gombe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.