Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,241 members, 7,860,542 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:21 PM

"weekender" Husband And Wifes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "weekender" Husband And Wifes (719 Views)

Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! / Why Do Husbands Insist On Having Full Control Of Their Wifes Income?? / Provocative Words Used By Men On Their Wifes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"weekender" Husband And Wifes by nath01(m): 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2010
how are you copping and remain faithful to your spouse for those who are not staying with their family,only to travel down to meet their spouse for weekend or monthend. Pls the contribution is for mature mind and experienced couple because i just joined this set of people.thanks.
Re: "weekender" Husband And Wifes by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 19, 2010
Re: "weekender" Husband And Wifes by ifyalways(f): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2010
chaircover:

I have never been in that situation so dont have specific answers for you but what I do know is that the devil finds work for idle hands

SO it may be an idea to take one of the kids with you (assuming that you have kids) so you have something to focus your attention on when you get back from work at your station.

If you are a Christian take part in weekly church activities etc, Also be very careful of the types of friends you keep in your station

You and your wife also have to to be strict and agree that the weekend is for both of you alone. So no owambe parties or spending hours in go-slow in the quest to visit a long lost relative etc. She is also to be ready for your arrival at the weekend so it is not on Saturday morning that she brings out all the clothes to wash or to go to the market etc

You too have to try and make sure that you leave all your work in the office and spend quality time with your wife (both physical and mental)

Subscribe to a phone messenger service so you can keep in touch throughout the day, webcam on a pc etc

Its not easy but if it has to be done, it has to be done & one can only make the best out of a bad situation. All the best.
Finito.Im there and the above works perfectly.
Re: "weekender" Husband And Wifes by MissIfe(f): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2010
I am also in that situation now, and I agree with what CC said.

I make sure that the house is clean, and food is ready before my husband arrives. No housechores on week ends. We make sure to spend the little time we have together doing things that we really enjoy. I keep him updated with the daily life at home and try to stay positive (funny things kid do, decisions I had/will have to make when he's not here).
If I make new friends, go out or invite people at home when he's not around I make sure to tell him beforehand and to introduce those friends to him, so that he won't feel like I'm hiding something from him.

And we're also planning for a way to not let this situation last for too long (looking for another job or relocation for the family).

Good luck!
Re: "weekender" Husband And Wifes by MissIfe(f): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2010
another thing: never ever leave your spouse after an argument!

Avoid as much as possible to argue, and if you do, settle everything as fast as possible and of course before you have to leave for another week/month.
Re: "weekender" Husband And Wifes by nath01(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
@lfy,cc,&miss_ife thanks 4 your contributions,my marriage is less than a year(no kids yet),i have be doing what of c.c said.more contributions, ,

(1) (Reply)

Tribal marks etched on your child by mother-in-law, what will you do? / Advice: Torn Between Two Worlds / Mr. Right Or Miss Perfect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.