Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) (70610 Views)

Korra Obidi Visits Her Secondary School In Her Uniform With Dad / Chika Ike Visits Her New House Under Construction And Joined The Workers To Work / Grace Oyelude Looking Graceful At 86, Years After Winning First Miss Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by GistMore: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
Grandmother Grace Atinuke (born November 16, 1931) is known to be the first ever Miss Nigeria, having won the pageant — also the maiden edition — in 1957.

Though she hails from Kogi State, Grandma Oyelude was born in Kano to James Adeleye Olude and Marthan Dantu, who both hail from Isanlu, present day Kogi State.

The story of how she became the first Miss Nigeria is as riveting as her enigmatic personality, even in her advanced old age.

Miss Nigeria started in 1957 as a photo contest, whereby contestants posted photographs of themselves to The Daily Times headquarters in Lagos. Finalists were shortlisted, and successful finalists were invited to compete in the live final at the Lagos Island Club.

Then, the Miss Nigeria contest did not include a swimsuit competition.

Then, Oyelude was working at UAC when she represented the then Northern region. After winning the contest, she travelled to England where she studied Nursing. Within months of gaining admission to the School of Nursing in Ashford, she was crowned Miss Nigeria.

She tells her story: “I was living in Kano then. My brother saw the advertisement in the newspapers and advised me to go to Lagos for an interview to be selected as a Miss Nigeria contestant.

“He applied, and the result was that I was supposed to be in Lagos for the Miss Nigeria contest.

“I was working in the UAC then, and they also were also involved in the pageant.

“The following day, they got me on a plane to Lagos and that was it.”

Oyelude currently holds the chieftaincy titles Iyaolu of Isaluland and Iyalode of Okunland. She has many grandchildren.

More recently, precisely on July 16, 2018, her ebullient nephew and a Professor of English Language at Carleton University in Canada, Pius Adesanmi, posted a photograph of the gracefully ageing Grandma Oyelude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMTJFjzWWRM

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/first-ever-miss-nigeria-grace-oyelude-celebrates-her-87th-birthday-photos

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4xUBmegSVI/?igshid=1rjqfy2rmgv0e

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by GistMore: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by GistMore: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by kenzosky: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
She still look very beautiful, her smile still look more beautiful than the stars. There is notting that makes it way more directly to the Soul than Beauty.Your Beauty is Grace and Confidence. HBD MAMA. You will always be beautiful.

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by greatmarshall(m): 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hbd

1 Like

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Psimagestudio: 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Wow ....
Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Treasure17(m): 3:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
Happy Birthday beautiful mama. She was indeed gorgeous back then.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Kkings11: 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
The kind of woman you will always love. Still beautiful

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
Happy birthday to you mama.. She won when womanhood was still sane..

This should be a lesson to all slay queens,nothing last forever.. Your market go still expire!

78 Likes

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by GistMore7: 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by SultanOfAbia: 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ahhhhhhhh
No Be Abacha Babe DAT Year Be This??

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by WonderManly(m): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good. Congratulations to you mama!

1 Like

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Femich18(m): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by luminouz(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
These guys up there with their poetry grin

She was so natural back in the day...clean, chocolate brown skin...

11 Likes

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Gartol(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Who are these people for God's sake? Na every TOm, dick and Harry dey get verified?

3 Likes

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Minjim: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Forever young, I wanna be,
forever young.
Do you really want to live forever, forever young.

1 Like

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Larryallovernig: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Fine gal

12 Likes

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Ebonygirl1(f): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
aro1:
Happy birthday to you mama.. She won when womanhood was still sane..

This should be a lesson to all slay queens,nothing last forever.. Your market go still expire!

Men own no dey expire na abi

12 Likes

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by midnighter(f): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
She looked like a first lady in her outfit...some of what they put on these days is so lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by UnknownT: 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
She was working with UAC and UAC were part of the organizers, hope its not what i am thinking?
Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
Milf
Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Kendumazy(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
Wow! Beautiful without make up in teen days and still beautiful at old age. This is what they call Eternal beauty and not Mary Kay beauty! Happy birthday Ma!

Clearance sale of our 8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Nice gift for your clients this year. Check my signature below for contact details.

5 Likes

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Minjim: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
UnknownT:
She was working with UAC and UAC were part of the organizers, hope its not what i am thinking?

If it's these days she won't be eligible

2 Likes

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by money121(m): 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kogi ladies are always beautiful. Hbd ma
Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by DrNueLpureHoney: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
Wow...Happy Birthday tO her... More life and wins... Kudos to we... "November Borns"

Kindly call or whatsapp 0"8"0"9"2"1"5"1"9"5"9 if you need any Brand New or American used iPhone, Samsung or laptop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Alvin212(m): 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
Retired ghetto cuum dump

Hoelosho

Ashaawoo kobo kobo
Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Hotzone(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
I am self acclaimed mr Naija

1 Like

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by Marvieduke(f): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
Respect to a senior beauty. I remain loyal to my elders.

1 Like

Re: Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
Still graceful as ever. Happy birthday ma smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adesua Etomi Blasts Lauretta Onochie: 'You Are A Disgrace, Both Home & Abroad' / Akon 'Molests' Trinidadian Girl During Performance At Club Zen / Adesua Etomi's 32nd Birthday Party (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.