Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship (1472 Views)

Shuaibu Abubakar-Audu: Nigeria Needs Over $2bn To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Plant / Anambra: APGA extends lead as INEC Announce Orumba North LGA result / Dino Melaye Dancing And Praising God, As He Declares For Kogi Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by hisexcellency34: 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
Prince Abubakar Audu, the All Progressive Congress, APC gubernatorial candidate in the 2016 gubernatorial election Kogi state died before the result was announced.

The APC candidate who was leading the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP candidate who is also the incumbent governor of Kogi State appeared hale and hearty when he came to vote in a convoy of Escalade cars in his Ogbonicha, Ofu Local Government Area yesterday.

Audu who arrived at the polling unit around 1.40 pm walked briskly to the polling area and was quickly attended to by the electoral officers even as retinue of women sang his praises.

He granted waiting journalists a very brief interview during which he complained about reports of snatching of ballot boxes he said he heard was taking place in some polling units.

He immediately entered his car to go back to his sparkling white expansive mansion which was less than 500 metres away from the polling unit.

But this magazine gathered that Audu’s problems started after he had exercised his franchise.

Sources told this magazine that the Ogbonicha Prince fell ill at home, about seven hours after he voted.

At a stage, he started vomiting blood. TheNEWS learnt that he was stabilised Saturday night by doctors around him.

TheNEWS learnt that by this morning, his condition took a turn for the worse. He first suffered a minor stroke and a massive stroke followed.

When his condition worsened, his friends started making arrangements to transfer him out of the country through an Air Ambulance. The arrangement was still on
when the 68 year old man died.

Sources told this magazine that the former governor died around 3.10 pm on Saturday, the same time tension over the result of the election in which he was the major candidate was at its peak.

The election was finally declared inconclusive by the electoral commission soon after his death.

Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by wallex1983(m): 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
I tell you, if this happens again in Kogi, na bad market be that o
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by hisexcellency34: 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
Na who i go ask? This one that Yaya is drinking tea
wallex1983:
Who's next?
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by harkandey(m): 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
Politics is a master game
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by hisexcellency34: 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
true and not for the faint-hearted
harkandey:
Politics is a master game
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by helinues: 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
And what is op insinuating?

See where wailing can lead people's to.. Buhari that you people wished to be dead is looking more healthy ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by hisexcellency34: 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
dirty mind. What do you mean by what is op insinuating?
helinues:

See where wailing can lead people's to.. Buhari that you people wished to be dead is looking more healthy ....
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by helinues: 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
hisexcellency34:
dirty mind. What do you mean by what is op insinuating?

I ask again what are you insinuating?

Let me also ask you a question you have been dodging.. Where do your loyalty lies politically?
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by hisexcellency34: 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
i am apolitical. where do yours lie?

helinues:

Let me also ask you a question you have been dodging.. Where do your loyalty lies politically?
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by helinues: 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2019
hisexcellency34:
i am apolitical. where do yours lie?

Hmmmmmm
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by FakeManna: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Hmmmmmm
[/s]
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by FakeManna: 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
Re: Throwback: Abubakar Audu Dies Before INEC Announce Result Of Kogi Governorship by FakeManna: 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Fayemi In Washington Dc; Delivers Keynote At Usip 2019. Pics. / If Nigeria TRULY Wants To Defeat Boko Haram, It Must Ask IRAN For Help / Corona Virus In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.