Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,770 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Life is good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life is good (308 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good / Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church / Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life is good by michaelwestern(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
Modified
Re: Life is good by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
g
Re: Life is good by jcross19: 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
michaelwestern:
Considering 1corithians 11 who can justify women who go to church with their heads uncovered.

Please I need replies from people who support women worshipping with their hair uncovered.

It's the doctrine of a church I like but am not really satisfied with their explanation for it. I would like to continue to attend the church without any guilty conscience. So I need someone who can clearly help me justify it keeping 1corithians 11 in mind. Thanks
is it only women what about those pope and those bishop that covered their heads in church service!
Re: Life is good by kumulus(m): 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
michaelwestern:
Considering 1corithians 11 who can justify women who go to church with their heads uncovered.

Please I need replies from people who support women worshipping with their hair uncovered.

It's the doctrine of a church I like but am not really satisfied with their explanation for it. I would like to continue to attend the church without any guilty conscience. So I need someone who can clearly help me justify it keeping 1corithians 11 in mind. Thanks

No answer from nairaland will validate or inlvalidate your concerns.....
Re: Life is good by paxonel(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
michaelwestern:

Take a look at this :

1 Corinthians 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom(referring to the Jews not having the custom or tradition of their women keeping their head open), neither the churches of God.

This implies that Jewish women who shaved their hair were required to cover their head going by the fact that their women usually have thick hairs on their head naturally which was glorious and attractive to men. In other words, if a woman shaved her hair, then she is no more attractive to men and that becomes a shame to her, so she will need to cover that shame.
That was the Jewish custom or tradition which was already already practiced in their churches as ordinance and Paul did not go against it.

Now, custom or tradition varies among people, for instance what was a custom or tradition among the Jews may not be custom or tradition in Africa.
Remember, African women never had long hair naturally like the Jewish women, so long hair was never what attracted men to women talkless of African women feeling ashamed before men to the extent of going to cover their head in shame simply because they did not have long hair.
So, it will be very wrong and out of place to use a Jewish custom of jewish women covering their head in church read in the bible as a standard for African women to do the same in their churches, because what was applicable to the Jewish custom may not be applied or fit into the African tradition

(1) (Reply)

If Jesus Is On This Forum / Lady Accuses Apostlesuleman Of Sleeping With Her Cousin & Renovating Their House / What Shall It Profit A Man If He Gains The Whole World And Lose His Own Soul.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.