Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Things Christians Should Never Do On Social Media - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Christians Should Never Do On Social Media (290 Views)

Things Christians and Jews Don't Know About Moses That Muslims Do! / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Things Christians Have Done In Nigeria That Has Been Underrated & Underreported (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Christians Should Never Do On Social Media by kwaghshir147(m): 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
[center]The 10 Commandments of Facebook[/center]

1. THOU SHALT NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS.

This one’s tough because it’s basically what Facebook is meant to do. It’s like an ever-changing slideshow of what others have that you don’t, and it can leave you feeling left out and lonely.

Before you reach for bitterness, choose to remember your blessings instead. And know that what you see on social media isn’t the nitty-gritty hard stuff—there’s a lot that even the most perfect Instagram families are walking through that you may never see.

2. THOU SHALT NOT ADD A SMILEY FACE TO AN INSULT.

“But wait,” you say, “the emoticon means that anything I said before it was just a joke and is completely excused.”

Nope. That’s not how that works. What it means is that you wanted to get away with being unkind, and that’s not something the Bible is going to let you do. This is basically the 21st century version of what he spoke against in Proverbs 26:18-19: “Like a maniac shooting flaming arrows of death is one who deceives their neighbor and says, ‘I was only joking!’”

Overstatement? Maybe. But the point is there: say what you mean, and remember that tone of voice can’t come across on social media. When in doubt, leave sarcasm out, and you’ll avoid unnecessary hurt feelings.

Visit: https://naijagospelvoice..com/2019/11/the-10-commandments-of-facebook-things.html

What's your opinion?

Re: Things Christians Should Never Do On Social Media by CreepyBlackpool: 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
My opinion is that Christians shouldn't be on social media

1 Like

Re: Things Christians Should Never Do On Social Media by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
Christians shld be on social media and use their lives as a good example..
Re: Things Christians Should Never Do On Social Media by nlPoster: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
Don't be on social media if your spiritual life would be affected by pictures showing women's bodies etc.
Re: Things Christians Should Never Do On Social Media by Kenneth4u205(m): 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
kwaghshir147:
[center]The 10 Commandments of Facebook[/center]

1. THOU SHALT NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS.

This one’s tough because it’s basically what Facebook is meant to do. It’s like an ever-changing slideshow of what others have that you don’t, and it can leave you feeling left out and lonely.

Before you reach for bitterness, choose to remember your blessings instead. And know that what you see on social media isn’t the nitty-gritty hard stuff—there’s a lot that even the most perfect Instagram families are walking through that you may never see.

2. THOU SHALT NOT ADD A SMILEY FACE TO AN INSULT.

“But wait,” you say, “the emoticon means that anything I said before it was just a joke and is completely excused.”

Nope. That’s not how that works. What it means is that you wanted to get away with being unkind, and that’s not something the Bible is going to let you do. This is basically the 21st century version of what he spoke against in Proverbs 26:18-19: “Like a maniac shooting flaming arrows of death is one who deceives their neighbor and says, ‘I was only joking!’”

Overstatement? Maybe. But the point is there: say what you mean, and remember that tone of voice can’t come across on social media. When in doubt, leave sarcasm out, and you’ll avoid unnecessary hurt feelings.

Visit: https://naijagospelvoice..com/2019/11/the-10-commandments-of-facebook-things.html

What's your opinion?
I'm not in support of your opinion .that's the problem of Christianity today .they keep on listing 100 do and don't do ,forgetting that no one can be able to keep a single of those list on their own strength . All a christian need is the fullness of the holy spirit .He / she begins to live the way Jesus did while he was on earth .the holy spirit in his heart will always guide him and also empower him to live an exemplary christian life
Re: Things Christians Should Never Do On Social Media by Eviana(f): 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
My opinion is that Christians shouldn't be on social media

Does that include Nairaland?
Christians or "any" religious sect?
Will you please state your reasons?

(1) (Reply)

Ancient Jew Dietary Standard(kosher). It Quite Interesting. / What Do I Do Now That God Has Abandoned Me? / Pastor Prays For Pastors Who Stole His Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.