Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,762 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday (13168 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Samsimple(m): 6:19am On Mar 30, 2018
If you are a Christian, and you believe that the Lord Jesus Christ Is the Eternal Son Of God, and that He died for all your sins, then for you, Good Friday is the most sorrowful, the most solemn, and yet, one of the holiest days of the entire year.
Indeed, it is not a day for celebration, it is a day for observing

1. visit your local church.

* For Roman Catholics: There is no mass on Good Friday; however, there is usually a service with Holy Communion. Pray before the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. The Holy Rosary is especially good prayer for Good Friday.

*In addition to Holy Mass, many Churches may also have the Stations of the Cross, which may

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:04am On Mar 30, 2018
Drink beer

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Samsimple(m): 7:05am On Mar 30, 2018
2. Some christian communities (catholics and others) hold passion plays that you can attend or perhaps even participate or organise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Samsimple(m): 7:08am On Mar 30, 2018
3. Some people fast on good friday. Some refrain from eating at all while some eat very lightly

4. At 3:00pm if you don't go to mass, stop what you are doing and pray if possible because traditionally jesus died on the cross at that time

i kow some christians here will not celebrate good friday like the step listed above.. Some would rather watch BBnaija all day grin ... How do you intend on spending yours?
SOURCE>> https://m.wikihow.com/Celebrate-Good-Friday

cc. lalasticlala mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by YorubaAssasin: 7:26am On Mar 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by wunmi590(m): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2018
This lenten period is probably one of the best for me, because God gave me job on ash Wednesday, so why wont I give him praise.

Proud to be a Roman Catholic.

64 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by swiz123(m): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2018
Op, you forgot the most important thing which is,

Never eat meat. I'm sure Catholics can relate

23 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by SirHouloo(m): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2018
For most people, na to wash clothes and clean house sha.

4 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Goldenheart(m): 7:28am On Mar 30, 2018
cool
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Mutemenot(m): 7:28am On Mar 30, 2018
My name is Friday and I'm good. shocked you can call me goodfriday and present all your gifts cool

6 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by ibnchokomah(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2018
A bottle or two of chilled Heineken would do. Then with some well garnished meat. It's like every Friday. Time to turn up.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Lomprico2: 7:30am On Mar 30, 2018
Travel!!
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by pweshboi(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2018
Mutemenot:
My name is Friday and I'm good. shocked you can call me goodfriday and present all your gifts cool
Hehe... Which kind? My cousins name is Friday and he's a good lad so I'll send my gifts to him. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by lalababy(f): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2018
keep yourself holy
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by damosky12(m): 7:31am On Mar 30, 2018
Above all, remember that He died and rose again to buy you out of sin and its consequences.

1 Corinthians 15:3-8
[3]For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
[4]And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
[5]And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
[6]After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
[7]After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
[8]And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

9 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by ZombieTAMER: 7:31am On Mar 30, 2018
lalababy:
keep yourself holy

We are keeping ourselves till the d day

Happy Good Friday

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Shedrack777: 7:32am On Mar 30, 2018
is eating meat truly prohibited on good friday? i need answers pls because that's what i've been taught right from when i was a kid
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by iamnicer: 7:33am On Mar 30, 2018
ibnchokomah:
A bottle or two of chilled Heineken would do. Then with some well garnished meat. It's like every Friday. Time to turn up.
cool

Eeeh ?

Oluwasaeon:
Drink beer

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by InansBobo(m): 7:34am On Mar 30, 2018
You can as well check this out,
should Christians Eat meat today?
https://www.nairaland.com/4426142/good-friday-should-christians-eat
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Mutemenot(m): 7:35am On Mar 30, 2018
pweshboi:

Hehe... Which kind? My cousins name is Friday and he's a good lad so I'll send my gifts to him. cheesy

You start from the oldest . Your cousin must be a kid
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by ideology(m): 7:36am On Mar 30, 2018
Jesus actually died on a Thursday not friday
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by pweshboi(m): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2018
Mutemenot:

You start from the oldest . Your cousin must be a kid
Lol... Nah that way now abi?
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by shakyum: 7:38am On Mar 30, 2018
Unfortunately I might not be able to do any of the following. God have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by tstx(m): 7:39am On Mar 30, 2018
Foreign holiday
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by kaymical(m): 7:41am On Mar 30, 2018
pweshboi:

maybe you need to be beating today too
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by kaymical(m): 7:44am On Mar 30, 2018
Shedrack777:
is eating meat truly prohibited on good friday? i need answers pls because that's what i've been taught right from when i was a kid
individual doctrine project this(I mean church) bhut I my church we do eat mean it all depend on the doctrine of your church
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 30, 2018
hm

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by nosagold(m): 7:46am On Mar 30, 2018
Shedrack777:

According to the Bible, everything is allowed. Don't listen to people who say "don't eat such" or "don't touch". They are rules taught by men. Have you not read that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof? Colossians 2:21
Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Edifyer: 7:47am On Mar 30, 2018
My Friday is always Good

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by Ajalekoko76(m): 7:49am On Mar 30, 2018
Proudly Catholic. Station of cross on mind. Fast continues,abstinence from meat obligatory. Good Friday is most significant day in the life of Christianity. Righteous man - Jesus Christ died for sinners,if Christ did not die redemption would remain in limbo. Thank You Jesus. Without Good Friday,there won't be Easter Sunday.

13 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday by tyson98: 7:51am On Mar 30, 2018
Actually lent is mostly observed by catholics and Anglican all.over the world other ones hardly observe it,pentecostal churches no even dey do lent na to make money be their own

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor? / Do Pastors Fall Sick? / Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.