Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal (922 Views)

CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day / CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by myfan: 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
This is so annoying and I'm so vexed right now. I need well over a hundred thousand naira to tackle academic issues staring me in the face and after much pleadings with a family member, he sent 10k to my account and I had with less than 1k balance in the account. So I went to Union Bank ATM to withdraw the money. On my arrival, I met people queueing up complaining of the machines not dispensing punched amounts. Long story short, I punched for the 10k to come out but rather, the machine brought out 5k and I was charged N65 for the service. I tried again to withdraw the remaining 5k but was told I have reached my maximum withdrawal for the day. 5k maximum withdrawal? Since when? What is going on in this country? The motive here is to have me coming back tomorrow to use the machine again and be charged another N65. This is a trick banks employ now to extort money from people. Please who else has experienced this? This is very bad. I'm so so angry right now.
Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by myfan: 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
Union Bank and all the bank involved in this shady deal, e no go better for una o. E no go better for una at all.
Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by TemmyT002(m): 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
Go and curse them in the bank na
Are they on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by CareerBegger: 8:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
Tomorrow is Monday... Go clear them ooo
Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by Abfinest007(m): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
what stops u from going to other banks
Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by Mickolad(m): 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
Why Union Bank in the first place; Out off hundreds of mordern bank out there. Hmmmmmmmm sad

2 Likes

Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by uboma(m): 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
myfan:
This is so annoying and I'm so vexed right now. I need well over a hundred thousand naira to tackle academic issues staring me in the face and after much pleadings with a family member, he sent 10k to my account and I had with less than 1k balance in the account. So I went to Union Bank ATM to withdraw the money. On my arrival, I met people queueing up complaining of the machines not dispensing punched amounts. Long story short, I punched for the 10k to come out but rather, the machine brought out 5k and I was charged N65 for the service. I tried again to withdraw the remaining 5k but was told I have reached my maximum withdrawal for the day. 5k maximum withdrawal? Since when? What is going on in this country? The motive here is to have me coming back tomorrow to use the machine again and be charged another N65. This is a trick banks employ now to extort money from people. Please who else has experienced this? This is very bad. I'm so so angry right now.

Did you open this bank account with the required documentation? Do you have a valid means of identification?
Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by myfan: 8:31am On Nov 18, 2019
uboma:

Did you open this bank account with the required documentation? Do you have a valid means of identification?

Yes I did/do. Any assistance you can render?
Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by uboma(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2019
myfan:

Yes I did/do. Any assistance you can render?

Nope, I just wanted to be sure that the problem isn't coming from you.
Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by danadam(m): 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
myfan:

from you explanation, i couldn't deduce if your card was a union bank card or another bank. if it's another bank card, go to your bank and lodge a complaint. if it's a union bank card, visit the branch or call 012716816 for resolution.
Re: How Banks Now Defraud People Via ATM Withdrawal by myfan: 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
danadam:

from you explanation, i couldn't deduce if your card was a union bank card or another bank. if it's another bank card, go to your bank and lodge a complaint. if it's a union bank card, visit the branch or call 012716816 for resolution.

It's an Ecobank ATM.

(1) (Reply)

Most Expensive Bottled Water In The World Costs N21 Million / I Redesigned A Friend's sales graphicsThat Attracted Customers(graphics BELOW) / Free Ebook: Simple Steps On Starting Your Exportation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.