Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

How Much Do I Charge For The Development Of This Mobile App? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Do I Charge For The Development Of This Mobile App? (737 Views)

Check Out This Mobile App I Developed For A Happy Nairalander / How Much Can I Charge For Building A Site Like Jiji ? (help A Brother) / How Do I Charge For Ecommerce Product Upload? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do I Charge For The Development Of This Mobile App? by matthew80(m): 11:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hello senior developers in the house.

I need your help on this.

I've been working on an app for more than 2 years now. The reason why it took that long is because I only work on it when I have less workload in school and during holidays.

The app is now approaching production stage and so investors are approaching me too. I'm not selling this app this time around.

I only need investors that would make launching of the app possible. To cover for advert cost, PlayStore, and all other things.

The app is an utility app built with the school environment in mind. It has the following features.

1. Service explorers can search for service providers that would help them get their jobs done. (Eg, final year students can easily find project experts that would guide them on how to write a winning project, etc).

2. It has a timeline that can be used for social activities like sharing of pictures and news. (The pictures can be edited before sending).

3. It has a near-real-time chat functionality with end to end encryption and instant notifications when the app is in background. Photo sharing is also possible through chat.

4. It has push and local notifications that notify users when someone searches for or places a request that matches their expertise

5. It has friend suggestions feature based on someone's contact, activities and friends of friends.

6. It has an encrypted backend and SSL connection (https).

Other services include:

7. A lecture timetable maker for students

8. A task scheduler

9. An inbuilt game (just 1, plan to add more).

10. A GP (CGPA) calculator with local database for results storage for future reference.

11. An online assessment test. (CBT).

Now, the investors are expecting me to give them the total cost of the app. I've calculated every other cost - server, SSL certificate, firebase etc

But it remains App development cost.

How much would you charge if you're to build such app for a client. Please help.

Comments on the current state of the app is welcomed but that's not what I need right now. It's still in development stage. UI/UX are still under experimentation. The web app is still in its initial stage. Etc.

I have attached some screenshots for introduction purposes.

The app can be downloaded from the website's landing page or through the direct link http:// bit. ly/ 2nGLEtY

Edit: NL is not allowing me to add a shortened URL. Please use the landing page link instead or rearrange the URL.

Thank you all for your anticipated contributions.

1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Charge For The Development Of This Mobile App? by Vicanious: 11:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
Impressive, Impressive bro!!

It looks like it's a web based app?

Is that right?

And the app is failing to download from the website.

It shows this..

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Charge For The Development Of This Mobile App? by matthew80(m): 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
Vicanious:
Impressive, Impressive bro!!

It looks like it's a web based app?

Is that right?

And the app is failing to download from the website.

It shows this..

1. Yes. It's based on Cordova framework.

2. That was my mistake. The link is working now. I've always been downloading through the direct link, but since NL does not allow shortened URL.

I appreciate your message sir.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best SSL Certificate Company For .com.ng E-commerce Site / Paying 10,000 For 4 Days Easy Task / Free Vtu Portal Creator With Money Transfer And Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.