Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,649 members, 7,955,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive (37531 Views)

APC Has No Senatorial Candidate In Yobe North & Akwa Ibom North-West - INEC / Kogi West: INEC Begins Distribution Of Materials Ahead Of Supplementary Election / Kogi West: INEC Considers Nov. 16 For Senate Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by Roozzaay(m): 7:28am On Nov 18, 2019
efighter:

He won election twice as PDP Senator before the mass movement to APC lead by Tinubu. Not everyone has short memory like you.

And after the mass movement to APC, he stayed with PDP and lost to Dino of APC. Not everyone is dumb-headed like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by philip0906(m): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2019
anonymous1759:

Fight for which layman? If you don't have anything to say please keep quiet.
You can imagine the nonsense someone is spitting... Dino fighting for the masses grin

3 Likes

Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by DexterousOne(m): 7:37am On Nov 18, 2019
efighter:

Davido, Wizzy, Tiwa Savage, Mopha, Hushppuppi, e.t.c. will buy Dino's expensive car collection at 20% market price. He can then use the money to start rice farming, he can even go into partnership with Thailand and Singapore rice farmers.

Nobody fights Tinubu and survives it politically. If you doubt me, ask Bukola Mesujamba Saraki, Olusegun incestuous Obasanjo, Atikuchukwu El-Cameroon Abubakar, Bode George, Ade Dancer Adeleke a.k.a. F9 Parallel, Adeleye Ogunleye, Musiliu Obanikoro, Kwakwaso Rabiu, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Peter Obituary, Peter Ayo Fayose, Peter Odilli, Segun Rahman Mimiko, e.t.c.

Look at this one undecided
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by stickle(m): 7:51am On Nov 18, 2019
[quote author=djdutchbrah post=84128000]
Who vocal ep?His constituency is a massive shithole and we all know the only project he embarked upon.[/quote
For me Dino is not doing himself any good by constantly displaying affluence among a poverty strinking constituent.
In a sane society, that is a sure way to loose. Let him go and buy more for display with his severance allowance
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by OKorowanta: 7:51am On Nov 18, 2019
Samfloxin:
This dance is becoming interesting. I pray Dino wins,not because he has personally influenced my life but at least he is vocal in the Senate and fights the lay man's common cause.

Senator wey all his exotic cars and motorbikes go don reach one billion naira naim fight layman's cause...
Guy yarn another ting!

3 Likes

Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by shomutuski(m): 7:59am On Nov 18, 2019
Samfloxin:
This dance is becoming interesting. I pray Dino wins,not because he has personally influenced my life but at least he is vocal in the Senate and fights the lay man's common cause.

For ur mind
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by LabDNA: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2019
abescom:
Maybe because you people support Dino and virtually everyone who goes against Buhari even if they are not easterns.

You and your people started that shiit now they give it back to you and you are all of a sudden itchy. You never see anything.

Have you ever supported an Easterner who is not in your prefered party?
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by Topmaike007(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2019
Samfloxin:
vocal ke, bro you are not familiar with the parliament, na wetin go favour am na him Dino dey talk

1 Like

Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by abescom: 8:14am On Nov 18, 2019
LabDNA:

Have you ever support an Easterner who is not in your prefered party?
Many. I support good governance not political parties. Funny thing is that it is you Easterns that have problems with other tribes. No one has problems with you guys.
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by Kpoikpoi: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2019
zamzas:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the Kogi West senatorial rerun election inconclusive.

According to the returning officer, Professor Olayinde Lawal, the margin between the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Smart Adeyemi and that of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Dino Melaye is 20,570.

He announced that Mr Adeyemi polled a total of 80,118 votes, while Senator Melaye got 59,548 votes from the seven Local Government Areas in the senatorial district.

Prof Lawal explained that the total margin between both candidates is lower than the 43,127 registered voters in 53 polling units of 20 registration areas in the zone where elections were canceled.

The returning officer, who declared the election inconclusive said, he is constrained by law to declare a winner because of the lead margin between the leading candidates. He added that INEC will announce a new date for the conduct of a supplementary election in the 53 polling units before a winner can be returned.

Below is a breakdown of how both parties performed in the seven LGA’s

Kabba/Bunu LGA

APC-15,037

PDP-8,974

Ijumu LGA

APC-11,627

PDP-7,647

Kogi/Koton Karfe LGA

APC-14,168

PDP-9,786

Mapo/Muro LGA

APC-4,874

PDP-3,704

Yagba East LGA

APC-6,683

PDP-7,745

Yagba West LGA

APC-7,941

PDP-8,980

Lokoja LGA

APC-19,788

PDP-12,712

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/11/17/breaking-kogi-west-senatorial-rerun-inec-declares-election-inconclusive/amp/
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by LabDNA: 8:19am On Nov 18, 2019
abescom:
Many. I support good governance not political parties. Funny thing is that it is you Easterns that have problems with other tribes. No one has problems with you guys.

Be specific about the person(s) you supported with proofs.

Be specific about the tribes the East has problems with. Is it with SS tribes who vote along with the East?

Or is the yoruba tribe who have always advocated that 'Igbo will never be president' since the days of Concord and tribune newspapers now equal to 'All other tribes'? Tell us
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by Kpoikpoi: 8:21am On Nov 18, 2019
I believe INEC is trying to lure Dino into spending more money.
Even a 2 year old baby knows the election has been won and lost.
Go back to the streets of Abuja Dino or your go and join your master in the streets of Ilorin.
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 18, 2019
Dino go sell all those him replica car. He is the one who will suffer this. He has to spend all over again.
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by boban007: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2019
Clevite:
The margin of lead is 20,570 and the total number of registered voters in the affected areas is 43,127. There is no way Dino can pull this through.

Definitely, not all of the 43,127 registered voters have collected their PVCs, even if we believe that they are still all alive and have not changed location. And not all the ones that have the PVCs will turn out to cast their votes on election day.

Whatever level of mobilization put in place by both parties, hardly will 20,000 of the registered voters turn out to vote. I seriously doubt if up to 20,000 voters would come out.

So, how can Dino Melaye secure 20,170 votes to fill the gap between him and Smart Adeyemi? Dino knows this quite well, that's why he has taken the option of rejecting the outcome of the election outrightly.

He can only participate to at least reduce the margin and hope to get the court cancel some of Adeyemi's votes and declare him winner of valid votes cast eventually. And that will be almost an impossible task for him to achieve. He himself cannot say that all of the votes he secured are valid votes. Whichever way it goes, Dino Melaye is out of the Senate for good.
U HAVE SAID IT ALL, DINO LOST IN HIS LOCAL GOVERNMENT. THE 2 LOCAL GOVERNMENT HE WON , ARE THAT OF THE PDP DEPUTY GOVERNOR . IF THE ELECTION WAS CONDUCTED SEPARATELY, DINO WILL NOT GET HALF OF THE TOTAL VOTE HE GOT.

60% OF DINO'S VOTE IS FOR THE PDP DEPUTY
GOVERNOR WHO IS FROM KOGI WEST.

1 Like

Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by dthabit(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2019
Naira
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by Olugbanko: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
Samfloxin:
Ode!
Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by Afamed: 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
Samfloxin:
Dino has succeeded in looting this one sense of reasoning

Re: Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive by miqos02(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
djdutchbrah:

His car collection is worth about 2 billion naira. This is a man that had no factory or business to his name and[b] was only known as an 'anti corruption' activist before he got into politics [/b]and became an overnight billionaire like the rest of the fantastically corrupt politicians that turned the country into a shithole.
he actually went into activism after he was suspended by the house of reps during dimeji bankole tenure. He is not an activist in true sense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Projects delivered by Udom To Mark 33rd Anniversary Of Akwa Ibom State - Photos / Fayose To Lai Mohammed: "At 69, You Vomit Evil From Your Septic-Tank-Like Mouth" / Ned Nwoko Emerges PDP Candidate For Delta North Senatorial District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.