Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,574 members, 7,958,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

You Need A German Shepherd?...read This. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / You Need A German Shepherd?...read This. (889 Views)

Flora My Flawa: The Twilight Of A German Shepherd (GSD) / Can Anyone Gift Me A German Shepherd Puppy / My First Dog Ever (A German Shepherd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need A German Shepherd?...read This. by phunkypalace(m): 12:58am On Nov 18, 2019
Hello everyone and welcome to the platform of IGNITE German Shepherds. For the next coming days, I'll be sharing some useful tips and informations about the precious dog breed called the German Shepherd Dog.

This intelligent and loyal breed is very unique and that is why most homes in Nigeria prefer to go for them especially when trying to get a beautiful canine companion/friend for the very first time.

But as it stands this special breed has been seriously bastardized by puppy millers and peddlers that just want to make money off this dogs but are not interested in improving the uniqueness of this breed of dog.

The GSD has really suffered in this part of the world, anything black is a GSD, anything with a pointed/erect ears is a GSD, anything black and brown is a GSD. So much work is being put in place to sanitize the GSD environment in the country, and I have taken this upon myself to also preach this to innocent dog owners and prospective owners to look before they leap when trying to acquire this precious dog breed called the German Shepherd Dog.

Majority of these so called breeders will never let you know what they are selling to you is never a pure bred GSD, most are of different mix breed dogs but because they look like the real thing at the puppy stage and it is at this point innocent buyers falls into their trap and they ignorantly buy these dogs. In order for us to know what we are getting into when trying to get this special unique breed, the very first step to take is to make a research on the line of the German Shepherd Dog you need.

There are five lines of the German Shepherd Dog, and they are:

West German Showlines

American/Canadian Showlines

West German Working lines

DDR/East German Working lines

Czech Working lines.

Most times it is the pedigree of the dog that tells you the lines a specific GSD belongs to.

If a breeder is presenting a GSD to you, ask for the line the dog belongs to and you should be able to verify that yourself (You can ask me how to do that privately). Majority out there are selling mutts to people all in the name of the German Shepherd Dog and this is the biggest problem that has caused the existence of inferior German Shepherd Dogs in Nigeria.

Please let us all be guided when trying to get the German Shepherd Dog even if they'll be a pet/companion dogs or security dogs.  At IGNITE German Shepherds, it is our duty to make sure this beautiful breed is well preserved and improved on according to the breed standard of the German Shepherd Dog.

For further enquiries, please do not hesitate to reach out on any of our platform.

Twitter: @ignite_GSD
Instagram: @ignitegsd
Facebook: @ignitegsd
Tel/Whatsapp: +2348062682135

You will always be proud of your dog.

1 Like

Re: You Need A German Shepherd?...read This. by BamBamK: 8:11am On Nov 18, 2019
You have good looking dogs.

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat Dog Tick / Stud Rottweiler Needed For Crossing In Abia. (good Genes Only) / 2 Years-old Female Purebred Slant-back German Shepherd For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.