Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know (3397 Views)

Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime? / Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want / I Have 120k To Get New Split Air Conditioner (AC), Suggest 4 Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by GodCovenant(m): 1:40am On Nov 18, 2019
does it blows and cool the room like split or window units AC? I means those mobile air conditioner that can move move around.

Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by CanadaOrBust: 2:08am On Nov 18, 2019
Lalasticlala this bey9ja guy again!

Of course mobile aircon works just like regular but u need an outlet, a small hole to the outside
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by GodCovenant(m): 2:46am On Nov 18, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
Lalasticlala this bey9ja guy again!

Of course mobile aircon works just like regular but u need an outlet, a small hole to the outside
ok, but can it be use via the window ?
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by CanadaOrBust: 3:42am On Nov 18, 2019
GodCovenant:
ok, but an it be use via the window ?

Of course it can. Just cover the rest of the window except the small hole
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by GodCovenant(m): 3:46am On Nov 18, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Of course it can. Just cover the rest of the window except the small hole
but I just read from quora that its inefficient compared to windows unit or split.
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by Mailthaddeus(m): 4:36am On Nov 18, 2019
It works very well. Just look at the Horse Power when buying and get the one with the proper rating for ur room. Also there are some that don't require u opening ur wall.
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by CanadaOrBust: 4:40am On Nov 18, 2019
GodCovenant:
but I just read from quora that its inefficient compared to windows unit or split.

Of course - it is inside and some of the heat from the unit is released into the room instead of outside like window units

1 Like

Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by GodCovenant(m): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Of course - it is inside and some of the heat from the unit is released into the room instead of outside like window units
Mailthaddeus:
It works very well. Just look at the Horse Power when buying and get the one with the proper rating for ur room. Also there are some that don't require u opening ur wall.

thanks, and lastly would you recommend I buy fairly used one the new ones look too pricing.
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by Advans(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2019
The basic principle of AC is to suck & eject heat from a closed chamber (room) into an open chamber (outside the room). So there must be small opening where heat will be passed out to lower the room temperature
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by Mailthaddeus(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2019
GodCovenant:

thanks, and lastly would you recommend I buy fairly used one the new ones look too pricing.
Did u just ask this question? Lol!
When u buy used, be prepared to refill gas any time soon to enjoy it well.
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 18, 2019
GodCovenant:
does it blows and cool the room like split or window units AC? I means those mobile air conditioner that can move move around.

U should stay away from these as much as possible. If u have an option to install a window or split unit then take it. In fact the only time u should consider a mobile ac is when u live in a place that doesn't allow installation of windows or split unit.

These mobile ac are way less efficient and use lot more power than their windows and split comiterparts. Also they are too noisy because u have the compressor and condenser fans inside the same unit inside the room. AC's are made up of 2 parts. The cold part (which is normally inside the room) and the hot part (compressor and condenser outside the room). This way hot air sucked out of the room are discharged outside, but with mobile unit u have both the hot part and the cold part inside the room, with a hose taking hest energy outside. But the problem is it also sucks some of the air from the room outside and replaces them with the hot air from outside u are trying to run away from. Don't buy.

1 Like

Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 18, 2019
GodCovenant:

If u have the resources buy the new one. In fact AC's are better bought brand new, unless maybe ur just working on a budget. Personally I would buy these mobile ac. They are waste of time and just for fancy. They are not efficient.
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by chudyprince: 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
To me, this A/C is based on the concept of a refrigerator
Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by simple250: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2019
After buying the mobile AC arrange money for stabilizer and if you are using prepaid meter u don enter 1 chance

Re: Does Mobile Air Conditioner Works? I Really Want To Know by Ssathugit: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2022
If you are looking for an air conditioning repair service in Dubai then nothing compares with the service from ac service Dubai which can perform repairs of any complexity. Qualified service tends to cost you more, but you will be assured that your air conditioner works without interruption.

(1) (Reply)

Discovery. Http Free Browersing Setting. / Glo Hsi Router Discussion Board / Petition To Airtel On Reviewing The 2g Subscription.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.