Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,057 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want (9419 Views)

Whatsapp To Roll Out 3 New Layers Of Security To Wrap Up Messages In New Feature / The One Smartphone Feature That People Don't Look Out For / WhatsApp Allows You To ‘Put Words In People’s Mouth’ In New Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by beejayvince(m): 7:08am On Apr 21, 2020
WhatsApp is working on a new feature that allows you to easily verify forwarded messages. This is coming at a crucial time when so many unverified information about the COVID-19 pandemic is being forwarded across the platform. The Facebook-owned brand accidentally revealed this feature via its own FAQ page.

According to WABetaInfo, a “How to do an internet search on forwarded WhatsApp messages” link appeared on WhatsApp’s FAQ page. Even though the link is no longer directly accessible there, we have the information already.

So how does this work? When you receive a forwarded message on WhatsApp, it will be marked with a double arrow icon. Now, there will also be a search icon available. You can use this search icon to prompt a web search of the message forwarded to you. This will then lead you to pages that will verify/debunk the message.

WhatsApp is still testing this feature. However, we expect it to be made available sooner than later as this is a crucial time. This “internet search on forwarded WhatsApp messages” feature is also expected to come to Android first. The iOS version will come soon after.

Meanwhile, WhatsApp is also reportedly working on some other features. One of them is the Advanced Search feature which allows you to search for any type of media, documents, or links in chats. There is also the Protect Backup feature. This allows you to set a password for your chats backup. If you lose your password, you will not be able to recover your chat history from the backup as the password will not be saved on WhatsApp of Facebook servers. WhatsApp is also working on a tweak to the auto-download feature. Frequently forwarded images, videos, documents, and voice messages will not be automatically downloaded.

However, all of these are still reportedly in the works. For now, we just have to wait and see how these new features pan out in future updates.

Source:
https://www.smartphonecamp.com/whatsapp-accidently-confirms-new-feature-that-lets-you-do-an-internet-search-on-forwarded-messages/

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by hardeycute(m): 7:48am On Apr 21, 2020
If only my people will use Telegram.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by finalboss(m): 8:01am On Apr 21, 2020
hardeycute:

Anyday Telegram which is more secure and safe to use than Whatsapp.

Chat, Secure Chat, Option To Delete Chat,Timed Chat, Secure Voice Calls. Chat With Anyone With User Id (By Not Sharing Your Phone Number).

What Else You Need.

29 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 21, 2020
hardeycute:

Hmmm. I also thought this way initially until I realized I was wrong. They're two different app with different purposes.
It all boils down to what you intend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by finalboss(m): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2020
light099:

Hmmm. I also thought this way initially until I realized I was wrong. They're two different app with different purposes.
It all boils down to what you intend.
Hope you know i stilll have all the pictures,videos,files i shared over 5 years ago. Its still there.
Any movie you can think of any song,files. Even the global search c'mon angry

11 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2020
finalboss:

Hope you know i stilll have all the pictures,videos,files i shared over 5 years ago. Its still there.

I don't get you.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nbote(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2020
finalboss:

So? I have all d videos, photos and files I shared on whatsapp from years back as well.. So what's ur point exactly? M
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by finalboss(m): 8:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Nbote:

So? I have all d videos, photos and files I shared on whatsapp from years back as well.. So what's ur point exactly? M
You can easily lose your backup.

10 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nbote(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2020
finalboss:

You can easily lose your backup.
Wen I can back dem up to my sd card and email.. I have used countless fones over d period and I still have all my whatsapp chats.. So why haven't I lost dem?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2020
Ok

Thanks
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by finalboss(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2020
Nbote:

Wen I can back dem up to my sd card and email.. I have used countless fones over d period and I still have all my whatsapp chats.. So why haven't I lost dem?
oops i dont need to go through these stress to back things up telegram. undecided

16 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by sweetlo: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2020
There is another one now.

It's called Signal

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nbote(m): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2020
finalboss:
oops i dont need to go through these stress to back things up telegram. undecided

Stress ke.. Oga its automatic... It's no stress for me.. I dont have to try to sell me telegram.. I have dem both and I dont even bother to use d telegram

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by ednut1(m): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2020
Parents are fond of forwarding crap

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2020
finalboss:

How? 5 years? After 1 year of inactiveness, your Telegram account is deleted and you lose all your data, I guess you know that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by xreal: 9:21am On Apr 21, 2020
finalboss:

Chat, Secure Chat, Option To Delete Chat,Timed Chat, Secure Voice Calls. Chat With Anyone With User Id (By Not Sharing Your Phone Number).

What Else You Need.

That's why it's a safe haven for scammers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by GodWrites: 9:28am On Apr 21, 2020
hardeycute:

Telegram is very sophisticated.. In fact, I was once addicted to one game on telegram a certain time. The name is werewolf something.. grin

But the problem now is, it has also become a haven for scammers.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by finalboss(m): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2020
xreal:

That's why it's a safe haven for scammers.
Talking abt advantages.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Fidelismaria: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by hardeycute(m): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2020
GodWrites:

Telegram is very sophisticated.. In fact, I was once addicted to one game on telegram a certain time. The name is werewolf something.. grin

Scammers are everywhere including WhatsApp, people should learn to control their greed and also become more watchful

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by GodWrites: 10:12am On Apr 21, 2020
hardeycute:
Scammers are everywhere including WhatsApp, people should learn to control their greed and also become more watchful

It's not about not falling into their trap, the disturbance is annoying. You'll find yourself getting added to numerous groups without your consent.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by hardeycute(m): 10:17am On Apr 21, 2020
GodWrites:

It's not about not falling into their trap, the disturbance is annoying. You'll find yourself getting added to numerous groups without your consent.
You can limit it by setting your privacy to "my contacts" as people who can add you to a group.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by GodWrites: 10:22am On Apr 21, 2020
hardeycute:
You can limit it by setting your privacy to "my contacts" as people who can add you to a group.

Oh. They have that feature now? Then I'm coming back to telegram grin Thanks for the info
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by hardeycute(m): 10:25am On Apr 21, 2020
GodWrites:

Oh. They have that feature now? Then I'm coming back to telegram grin Thanks for the info
Settings>Privacy&Security>Groups

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by duduade: 10:31am On Apr 21, 2020
GodWrites:

Especially those tripling investment MMM people
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Xionez(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2020
Telegram is it, abeg!
My best feature is the group chats...and more power is given to admins than ever before to manage a crowd.
You also have animated emojis, stickers etc etc...and if yoi don't like it, you can switch it off and the emojis become lifeless...like in Whatsapp.

Then FOLDERS!!!!. I personally alerted their devs for this and a few weeks later, they created it. Was surprised. Beta testing the feature made me smile.
Could be that they were toying with the feature for weeks or I may have given them a good idea. I'll never know...and I'm not delusional.

The latest Telegram version gives you the ability to sort your chats into groups...not the scatter house that is Whatsapp.
Your personal chats, with people in your contacts, go under the Personal group, then you can create more and sort your home screen to look organized.

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by finalboss(m): 11:06am On Apr 21, 2020
Xionez:
Telegram is it, abeg!
My best feature is the group chats...and more power is given to admins than ever before to manage a crowd.
You also have animated emojis, stickers etc etc...and if yoi don't like it, you can switch it off and the emojis become lifeless...like in Whatsapp.

Then FOLDERS!!!!. I personally alerted their devs for this and a few weeks later, they created it. Was surprised. Beta testing the feature made me smile.
Could be that they were toying with the feature for weeks or I may have given them a good idea. I'll never know...and I'm not delusional.

The latest Telegram version gives you the ability to sort your chats into groups...not the scatter house that is Whatsapp.
Your personal chats, with people in your contacts, go under the Personal group, then you can create more and sort your home screen to look organized.
you forgot the superbots grin , Spam once get yourself kicked out of the group.
Perfect difference btw whatsapp stickers and telegram.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by edoairways: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2020
finalboss:

What Else You Need.

You have said it all. All my videos, documents, applications and pictures sent to me are still intact since 2015 till date. But those on my WhatsApp aren't working instead it asked me to ask the sender to resend them
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Heineken(m): 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
GodWrites:

this is the real disadvantage of telegram bro. That's why I don't like it.
Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by Creativetribe: 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
⁣Zuri can't wait to clear all your doubts and always ensure only verified and confirmed information are at your fingertips.⁣

Send Hi to Zuri (07043900006) on WhatsApp to get started. She’s available 24/7 and it’s FREE.⁣⁣

You can also Send Hi to Ask Questions or Verify a News.

Re: Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want by vickydankal(f): 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
For my peace of mind , telegram is bae.
After my WhatsApp was hacked few times by my employer I had no choice to hug Telegram

(1) (2) (Reply)

Standout Features Of The Itel A70 / HOT: Browse With Ur GOTV Or STARTIMES Decoder Free!!!!! / For Those Who Changed Their Android Fonts Screenshots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.