Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

The Good Act Of Desperation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Good Act Of Desperation (134 Views)

The Evil Act Of Desperation / Why This Level Of Desperation In Nigeria? The Endtime Hackers / Daddy Freeze: "First Fruit Is Not An Act Of Faith, It's An Act Of Fraud" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Good Act Of Desperation by jonatoye(m): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2019
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: The good Act of Desperation

WORD FOR TODAY
Not all act of desperation is evil. However, every man is expected to be desperate when it comes to finding God and pursuing his dreams according to the will of God for him!!!
Scriptural Reference
"And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying." (Mark 2:4 NJKV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The friends of the paralytic man displayed an act of desperation while ensuring that their friend gets to Jesus to be healed of his paralysis. The Lord saw their act as great faith. The act of desperation that tends towards knowing God, walking and working in obedience to do His good pleasure is a good one.

David was equally known for his desperation towards God. He said "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you". This is the desperation that we should have for God—a great need or desire for God.

If we don’t feel desperate for God, we don’t tend to cry out to Him. And this leads to spiritual death. Being desperate for more of God should be the cry of every Bible-believing Christian. We should want our cup to overflow with God’s presence and existence, and we should be ever seeking more of Him. Spiritual death comes when we think we have enough of God, when we think our cup is appropriately filled.

Prayer Point:
Lord! I want more of you in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Main Emphasis
If you must be desperate it must be an intense desire for more of God in every facet of life.

Have a Delightful Week Ahead!!!

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Kid Recitation Surah Al Kahf / Life Is A Test / "Jesus Heals A Demon-possessed Boy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.