Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice (18487 Views)

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" / The Quran And Hadith Which Is More Authentic? / Why Christian Will Dwell In Hell Forever And Ever - Quran And Hadith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 11:59am On Nov 19, 2010
Islam is a beautiful and simple religion in it's purest form: completely based on the Quran, a text considered by Muslims as the final revelation of God, which was revealed to the Prophet Mohammed over a 22 year span in the early 7th century. As with many religions, mainstream Muslims have clouded the religion with rituals and sayings collected in what's know as the Hadiths.

Hadiths

The Hadiths are mainly a collection of rituals, sayings, and rulings by scholars claimed to be from the Prophet Mohammed that was recorded hundreds of years after his death. Mainstream Muslims typically accept the Hadiths as another religious text paired with the Quran. However, the Quran is explicit in the fact that it was to be the final and complete text of God.

The Quran

The Quran was revealed to Mohammed by the Angel Gabriel between the years of 610 AD to 632 AD and was intended to be the last, complete testament of God to the people. It includes 144 chapters known as surahs and the message is very simple: worship God alone and completely submit to His will. The Quran does not condone killing or many of the other stereotypical and unlearned views of the religion of Islam, but it's full of peace, love for others, and using one's reason to interpret the world around the believer.

Quran-Based Practice

The general population's understanding of Muslims is based off of the Hadith's rituals, not solely on the Quran's teachings. When Islam was revealed, it's followers were intended to only follow the Quran.

One common perception of Muslims is that they are obligated to pray 5 times a day. This strict teaching of 5 prayer times a day is Hadith. When strictly following the Quran, believers are instructed to pray morning, noon, and night.

A visible symbol that people associate with Islam is the females of the religion wearing the head covering known as hijab where only their face and hands show in public. This is a completely Hadith-based mandate. The Quran specifically calls for both men and women to be modest not only in dress, but also in behavior.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2010
The Story of the Cow

Islam came about at a time when people's religious practice was saturated by rituals and idol worship. These wrongful practices were shown to the followers in the Story of the Cow in the Quran beginning in chapter 2:67:

AND LO! Moses said unto his people: "Behold, God bids you to sacrifice a cow." They said: "Dost thou mock at us?" He answered: "I seek refuge with God against being so ignorant!"

Said they: "Pray on our behalf unto thy Sustainer that He make clear to us what she is to be like." [Moses] replied: "Behold, He says it is to be a cow neither old nor immature, but of art age in-between. Do, then, what you have been bidden!"

Said they: "Pray on our behalf unto thy Sustainer that He make clear to us what her color should be. "[Moses] answered: "Behold; He says it is to be a yellow cow, bright of hue, pleasing to the beholder."

The story continues in the same manner. The original command wasn't good enough for the people and they required more details than necessary to please their God. In the same way, Muslims of today have added and added to the original command of their God to worship Him alone, and the religion is now clouded with rituals, traditions, and scholars' rulings.

The interest in Islam and it's teachings has grown. However, many of the man-made practices of the Hadiths are un-inclusive of others and keep people from the real objective of Islam: complete submission to God alone. Quran-based Islam is a peaceful and universal message intended to enlighten a person's path to God and not cloud it as man has done by adding to this already complete practice.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2010
Are u muslim at all?Dnt you know Allah says we should obey the prophet too?and the ahadith explains some part of the Quran even if many parts can be easily understand by mere reading it
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 8:27am On Nov 23, 2010
uplawal:

Are u  muslim at all?Dnt you know Allah says we should obey the prophet too?and the ahadith explains some part of the Quran even if many parts can be easily understand by mere reading it

Yes i am a muslim. A real muslim that does not Quran needs to be strengthened by a hadith. My question to you is, if there was no hadith would islam be?

Every Muslim having faith in the Islam preached in the Quran knows that he is to obey Muhammad, God’s messenger. The only source that the Prophet has transmitted to us is the Quran. All other books, including the hadith books, are full of slanders. The authorities that claim that God, the Quran and the Prophet must be severed from each other are on the wrong path. Given the fact that we cannot possibly establish contact, the issuer of the message, and the transmitter of it, the only thing that remains for us is the Quran. To follow the messenger means obeying God whose orders the messenger transmitted. He is the herald of God who has brought His messages to humanity. Complying with these messages connotes conformity with God and His messenger as well as with the Quran, the message transmitted. The word resul means the carrier of a message. In other words, the message is not issued by the Prophet, but by God. It is preached thereby that man can attain God only through His messenger.

Muhammad 47:2

But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.

This is what the Quran says about the hadiths and any other books like it:

Luqman
31:6

But among men there is many a one that prefers a mere play with words [to divine guidance], so as to lead [those] without knowledge astray from the path of God, and to turn it to ridicule: for such there is shameful suffering in store.

An'am 6:114

Say: Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt.

An'am 6:115

The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

Now these are verses that I want you to pay attention to the most. This is where Allah again clearly without doubt speaks against hadiths:

Haqqah
69:43-47

(This is) a Message sent down from the Lord of the Worlds. And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in Our name, We should certainly seize him by his right hand, and We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart: Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath).

Al-Imran 3:144

Muhammad is no more than an apostle: many Were the apostle that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah. but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude.

Allah shows you clear signs but yet you reject truth. Muslims show denounce the hadiths and wholeheartedly embrace the Quran. Uplawal and others i hope you are paying attention and listening to the WORD. All though the hadith may have become dear to you, it is not Islam and any routines, rituals, or rites you are doing out of the hadith is done out of YOUR OWN will. Do not associate it with or call it Islam.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by stranger26(f): 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2010
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

I just saw this thread and realised that the reply I posted in your other thread is, perhaps, better suited to this one. So I'm just gonna take the short-cut and just copy-paste =)

Though I do have a few questions to add (just out of plain curiosity):
---How long have you believed in following only the Qur'an?
---What lead you to this belief?
---Do you live in Nigeria? Does the majority of your social group/community believe likewise?

Thank u.

Bismillahi Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem.

Perhaps, my brother, you believe this because you have not read the following Qur'anic verses. I find them clear in their instructions to us to obey whatever the Messenger (Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) tells us.

Allah COMMANDS us in the Qur'an to "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, " (surah Nur: 54)

"And obey Allah and the Messenger that you may obtain mercy" (Surah Aal-Imran: 132)

"O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, " (Surah An-Nisa: 59)

"And when it is said to them: "Come to what Allah has sent down and to the Messenger," you see the hypocrites turn away from you with aversion" (Surah An-Nisa: 61)

"We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allah's Leave, " (Surah An-Nisa: 64)

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad sallalahu alayhi wasallam) judge in all disputes between then, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission" (Surah An-Nisa: 65)

"And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, such are the successful" (Surah Nur: 52)

"The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allah and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say:"We hear and we obey". And such are the successful" (Surah Nur: 51)

"O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger and render not vain your deeds" (Surah Muhammad: 33)

"Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, " (Surah At-Taghabun: 12)

And how do we fulfil this obligation if not by observing what he said and did so that we may obey and follow these instructions? And are not the ahadith the collection of what the Prophet (SAW) said and did? Thus if it is compulsory for us to obey the Prophet (SAW), it is necessary for us to look at the ahadith so we may know WHAT it is we are supposed to be obeying, n'est-ce pas? "He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah, " (An-Nisa: 80)

May Allah make it easy for all of us to truly accept what has been revealed to us and make it easy for us to obey Him and hold on to the sunnah of the Messenger who has come as an example and role-model to be followed. "Certainly, there is an excellent example for you in the Messenger of Allah, for him who looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much." (Surah Al-Ahzab: 21)

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by azharuddin: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2010
Jazkumullahu khairan.
Exactly the reply i wanted to say, but i didnt have enough depth in knowledge to post such a good reply with proof in Quran. Indeed we have to obey Allah's words which is the Quran; and Allah says in the Quran to obey our Messenger(saw). The Messenger(saw) taught us what Allah has revealed to him and the Messenger's(saw) teachings have been compiled as Hadith.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by LagosShia: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2010
i really did not bother to read any of the post.from the topic i can understand that the ignorance of the thread opener is hinting at a contradiction between the Quran and Hadith.

the Quran is sufficient for us as a complete divine guide.the hadith is meant to give details and make things more explanative.the Quran is not a story book and therefore i am saying not like the bible for example which narrates stories that sometimes talk of immorality as in the case of Noah,Lot and David.in the Quran you will not find a mention of genealogies like the bible does or the life stories of prophets in their entirety.the Quran presents its narrations about those great men in a concise form with deep meanings and great moral lesson behind each and based on that way we get to know the true identity of each man and what made him what he was.there is a hadith which states that the Quran explains itself.one part can interprete the other part.that is the perfection of the book.

as for the hadith,there are many great hadiths and acceptable and reliable ones.those give additional details and understanding.there are also fake hadiths and ridiculous ones.from the lesson of the 6th Imam among the 12 Imams from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad,Imam Ja'far as-Sadeq gave the most important rule to hadith.he said that any hadith which contradicts the Quran on any issue or aspect should be thrown into the trash-bin.the Quran takes preference over any literature.the hadith should compliment the Quran and not contradict or oppose the Quran.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2010
@CHYZ,ITS WHAT THE PROPHET EXPLAINED ABOUT THE QURAN and the way he lived his life,thats what is in the hadith,and Allah says we should obey him and follow his step,so whats the problem with that?the hadith is not the book Allah is opposing,if is the one,then ASTAGAFURULLAH,he cant contradict himself by telling us to folow his example.example of such book Allah warned about is Al-Furqan the one distributed in Kuwait,am sure the distributors and manufacturers had met their waterloo already insha Allah
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2010
stranger26:

I just saw this thread and realised that the reply I posted in your other thread is, perhaps, better suited to this one. So I'm just gonna take the short-cut and just copy-paste =)

---Do you live in Nigeria? Does the majority of your social group/community believe likewise?

Thank u.

3 years now and it feels great. It really softens the heart, frees the mind, and leaves out the doubt of following another man's influence in the teachings of Allah.

Many things. I'm a really curious person so I like to know exactly about what I am following for myself and not because someone has told me "this is how it is". I noticed there were rituals and superstitious things in the hadith that were not in the Quran so i thought to myself, do i even have to follow any of this stuff since the Quran doesn't permit me to. The Quran is Allahs own words and recordings why would i need anything else.

I am living in the U.S as of now. And no everybody in the social/community group here do not believe that; however, a lot believe it and follow only the Quran.In fact i'd say the majority just follow the quran but during prayer do repect and listen to hadith teaching when the Imam gives the lecture. It all depends what mosque you go to though some do not teach the hadith at all.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2010
so u dnt do the sunnah?
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2010
azharuddin:

Jazkumullahu khairan.
Exactly the reply i wanted to say, but i didnt have enough depth in knowledge to post such a good reply with proof in Quran. Indeed we have to obey Allah's words which is the Quran; and Allah says in the Quran to obey our Messenger(saw). The Messenger(saw) taught us what Allah has revealed to him and the Messenger's(saw) teachings have been compiled as Hadith.

LagosShia:

i really did not bother to read any of the post.from the topic i can understand that the ignorance of the thread opener is hinting at a contradiction between the Quran and Hadith.

the Quran is sufficient for us as a complete divine guide.the hadith is meant to give details and make things more explanative.the Quran is not a story book and therefore i am saying not like the bible for example which narrates stories that sometimes talk of immorality as in the case of Noah,Lot and David.in the Quran you will not find a mention of genealogies like the bible does or the life stories of prophets in their entirety.the Quran presents its narrations about those great men in a concise form with deep meanings and great moral lesson behind each and based on that way we get to know the true identity of each man and what made him what he was.there is a hadith which states that the Quran explains itself.one part can interprete the other part.that is the perfection of the book.

as for the hadith,there are many great hadiths and acceptable and reliable ones.those give additional details and understanding.there are also fake hadiths and ridiculous ones.from the lesson of the 6th Imam among the 12 Imams from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad,Imam Ja'far as-Sadeq gave the most important rule to hadith.he said that any hadith which contradicts the Quran on any issue or aspect should be thrown into the trash-bin.the Quran takes preference over any literature.the hadith should compliment the Quran and not contradict or oppose the Quran.

uplawal:

@CHYZ,ITS WHAT THE PROPHET EXPLAINED ABOUT THE QURAN and the way he lived his life,thats what is in the hadith,and Allah says we should obey him and follow his step,so whats the problem with that?the hadith is not the book Allah is opposing,if is the one,then ASTAGAFURULLAH,he cant contradict himself by telling us to folow his example.example of such book Allah warned about is Al-Furqan the one distributed in Kuwait,am sure the distributors and manufacturers had met their waterloo already insha Allah

Did The Prophet write any of the Hadiths? Did Allah not send him to teach the revelations and the revelations alone? Nowhere in the Quran do we come across a statement like: “Obey God and Muhammad.” “Obey God and his messenger” is the expression used. So, obedience to the Prophet results from his being the transmitter of the message. The emphasis of the Prophet’s mission as messenger has been made in all the verses except one in which the wording is: "Believe what is sent down to Muhammad."

Did the prophet not say in 7:203I follow only what my Lord reveals to me.”? By brothers and sisters that is the authentic example of a real muslim given by The Prophet. This his how you are suppose to be.

Please go back and read the examples I gave you earlier and find truth. Nothing in what i wrote is a lie or deceiving. The hadith is not ordained by Allah or permitted by his messenger.

Allah says in An'am 6:114: "Say: Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt. "

^^^With the above Allah makes it clear that their is no need for a hadith.The are no counterparts to the Quran. Please shine your eyes. Allah had made the Quran FULLY DETAILED. What else do you need to understand it? Is a man's word more clearer than Allah's? The Hadith has perverted the name of Islam and made it look like a intolerant and barbaric religion which it is not even close to being.If there was no hadith would Islam not be?
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2010
uplawal:

so u dnt do the sunnah?

I do only what is permitted by Allah and Allah alone.If it is not in the Holy Qur'an then I don't take a part in it.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by LagosShia: 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2010
chyz:

I do only what is permitted by Allah and Allah alone.If it is not in the Holy Qur'an then I don't take a part in it.

i believe perfect sense has being made to let you know why and how to accept the hadith and which.

based on the above comment,can you tell us which practice that muslims observe that is not found in the Quran?am curious!
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
@Chyz,like what sunnah do u do?and how do u go by the example of the prophet if u dnt go into the hadith,lets here o,funny.

or is his footsteps in the Quran?

and what are d things the muslims are doing that u think they are going away from the Quran but following ahadith,remember,the prophet's way of life was not recorded in the Quran?so again,how do u follow his example and where do u get the example Allah says you should emulate if not in the Hadith
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 12:06am On Nov 25, 2010
LagosShia:

i believe perfect sense has being made to let you know why and how to accept the hadith and which.

based on the above comment,can you tell us which practice that muslims observe that is not found in the Quran?am curious!

To the above, With Pleasure:

PAINTERS GREATEST SINNERS?

Holy Qur'an

4 The Women, 48
God does not forgive who set up partners to God, but He forgives anything else to whom He pleases.

Hadith: The persons who will receive the severest punishment will be painters.
Bukhari-Tasawir

According to the Quran, the greatest sin is to set up partners to God. Every sin is pardonable except this. Therefore these will be the people who will be doomed to eternal punishment. If one is to give credence to Bukhari’s above stated hadith, the painters will be doomed to eternal punishment. (The hadith invented by sectarians and hadith transmitters to show their hostility to arts will be the subject of Chapter 18.)
This hadith contradicts the Quran. Moreover there are other conflicting hadiths. For instance, according to another hadith, chess players will receive the severest punishment (Capital Sins, Hafýz Zahabi).

WEARING GOLD ITEMS AND SILK GARMENTS?

Holy Qur'an

7 The Purgatory, 32
Say: “Who prohibited the nice things God has created for His servants and the good provisions?” Say: “They are believers in the world, and will be exclusively theirs on the day of resurrection.” That is how We explain Our signs in detail for those who understand.

Hadith: “Gold and silk are allowed to be worn by women but forbidden for men.”
Muslim

Gold and silk may be worn both by men and women indiscriminately. There is no hint in the Quran regarding their prohibition. God allows them to be made use of by both sexes. This hadith of Muslim who contends that every one of the hadiths he transmits is valid conflicts with the relevant verse of the Quran mentioned above.

SHOULD RENEGADES BE PUT TO DEATH?

Holy Qur'an

2 The Cow, 256[i]
"There shall be no compulsion in religion."[/i]

Hadith: “Kill the renegade!”
Nesei, Bukhari.

There has been no end to murders due to the work of the hadith fabricators who tried to overrule the injunctions of the Quran. Such hadiths were responsible for legitimizing the massacres committed by extremist organizations. If you were among the defenders of the Sunni sects, your raising objections to these murders would be in vain. Evidence to justify this are embodied in the Sunni books of hadiths and in the books of the sectarians.

WOMEN AS IMAMS, MUEZZINS AND HEADS OF STATE

Hadith: "A community headed by a woman is a doomed community."
Ibn Hanbal Musnad, Tirmizi-Fitan Nesai- Kudat, Bukhari Fiten

Hadith: "Don’t teach women how to read or write. Let them be trained in sewing and see that they recite the Sura The Light."
Ibnul Jawzi-Mawzuat

There is nothing in the Quran to suggest that certain offices are prohibited to women; consequently, they may rise to the position of president, caliph, judge, imam or muezzin (caller to prayer). Everything is permitted unless explicitly prohibited by the Quran. Freedom is the principle while prohibition is an exception; moreover if there are any exceptions, they are explicitly stated in the verses of the Quran. Thus, there are no obstacles for women who desire to attain the above positions. In verses 22 and 44 of Sura The Ant mention the community ruled by a woman. We observe her described as an intelligent and wise woman prudent in that she does not take risks in exposing her community to precarious situations. There is not a single suggestion in the Quran to the effect that a woman cannot be a ruler.

Also the Quran does not say we have to pray 5 times a day.However, the hadith does.The Quran is Allah's command.

There are many many more, especially when it comes to the treatment and clothing of women.The hadiths are filled with ritual.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Sweetnecta: 12:21am On Nov 25, 2010
@Chyz: If everything in the Quran you obey, then you cant avoid the Sunnah and Hadith of the Messenger (AS), since Allah says answer the Messenger (AS) when he calls you to waht gives you life. Allah says in many parts of the Quran that if you Love Him, then obey Muhammad (AS), and He Allah Will Love you back. . . Forgiving you your sins, making your affairs easy. Allah has Sunnah, which is Purity. Part of the Sunnah on man is the Commandment to follow what He gave to Muhammad (AS).

[Quote]« #8 on: Today at 08:36:27 PM »
Quote from: stranger26 on Today at 01:18:42 PM

Thank u.

3 years now and it feels great. It really softens the heart, frees the mind, and leaves out the doubt of following another man's influence in the teachings of Allah.[/Quote]If you reject Sunnah and Hadith, tell me how many Rakah in each salah, and why Salatul Magrib remains 3 rakah even if you are a traveler? You will not find these in the Quran, but in Hadith, Sunnah of the Prophet (AS).

[Quote]Many things. I'm a really curious person so I like to know exactly about what I am following for myself and not because someone has told me "this is how it is". I noticed there were rituals and superstitious things in the hadith that were not in the Quran so i thought to myself, do i even have to follow any of this stuff since the Quran doesn't permit me to. The Quran is Allahs own words and recordings why would i need anything else.[/QUote]While there is no ritual or superstition in what comes from Muhammad (AS), authentic hadith can not disagree with the Quran. Hence to ignore authentic hadith, because you wanna ignore what is fake hadith is completely ignoring the Messenger (AS). After all, it is him his Lord gave the message which he passed on to you, in completeness and in honesty. So are his authentic hadith, sunnah (AS). You cant have Quran and ignore authentic hadith and sunnah and say you are in full submission to Allah. Could you give me an example of Ritual and through in an example of what is superstition?

[Quote]I am living in the U.S as of now. And no everybody in the social/community group here do not believe that; however, a lot believe it and follow only the Quran.In fact i'd say the majority just follow the quran but during prayer do repect and listen to hadith teaching when the Imam gives the lecture. It all depends what mosque you go to though some do not teach the hadith at all.[/Quote]If I know how to get in touch, I will like to speak with you, and find out which community is it in the US; east coast, southern, where exactly? Islam is universal, but unfortunately, many regions of the world put their own spin on it. When you hear about a sunnah and or hadith, go to Quran. If it agrees with the Quran, if it disagrees with Quran, do not accept it, until you find a thorough explanation. If it agrees with the Quran, adopt it until you find a thorough explanation against it.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 12:21am On Nov 25, 2010
LagosShia:

uplawal:

@Chyz,like what sunnah do u do?and how do u go by the example of the prophet if u dnt go into the hadith,lets here o,funny.

or is his footsteps in the Quran?

and what are d things the muslims are doing that u think they are going away from the Quran but following ahadith,remember,the prophet's way of life was not recorded in the Quran?so again,how do u follow his example and where do  u get the example Allah says you should emulate if not in the Hadith

Here is a link that I found after doing research. This should help you understand more:

http://www.masjidtucson.org/publications/books/qhi/qhi.html

The Prophet himself was against what you know now as the Hadith!
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 12:27am On Nov 25, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Chyz: If everything in the Quran you obey, then you cant avoid the Sunnah and Hadith of the Messenger (AS), since Allah says answer the Messenger (AS) when he calls you to waht gives you life. Allah says in many parts of the Quran that if you Love Him, then obey Muhammad (AS), and He Allah Will Love you back. . . Forgiving you your sins, making your affairs easy. Allah has Sunnah, which is Purity. Part of the Sunnah on man is the Commandment to follow what He gave to Muhammad (AS).
If you reject Sunnah and Hadith, tell me how many Rakah in each salah, and why Salatul Magrib remains 3 rakah even if you are a traveler? You will not find these in the Quran, but in Hadith, Sunnah of the Prophet (AS).

While there is no ritual or superstition in what comes from Muhammad (AS), authentic hadith can not disagree with the Quran. Hence to ignore authentic hadith, because you wanna ignore what is fake hadith is completely ignoring the Messenger (AS). After all, it is him his Lord gave the message which he passed on to you, in completeness and in honesty. So are his authentic hadith, sunnah (AS). You cant have Quran and ignore authentic hadith and sunnah and say you are in full submission to Allah. Could you give me an example of Ritual and through in an example of what is superstition?

If I know how to get in touch, I will like to speak with you, and find out which community is it in the US; east coast, southern, where exactly? Islam is universal, but unfortunately, many regions of the world put their own spin on it. When you hear about a sunnah and or hadith, go to Quran. If it agrees with the Quran, if it disagrees with Quran, do not accept it, until you find a thorough explanation. If it agrees with the Quran, adopt it until you find a thorough explanation against it.

You must not have read any of what I typed. Please read with an unbias mind. The Qur'an stands alone. Like I said, if it is not in the Qur'an then I don't do it period. Allah has given me instruction and command through the Qur'an and the Qur'an alone. Its not about how dear the hadith is to you, it is about following the teachings of Islam which are found only in the Holy Qur'an.

Please Go through this link and learn an Islamic scholar "Mallam":

http://www.masjidtucson.org/publications/books/qhi/qhi.html
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by azharuddin: 1:45am On Nov 25, 2010
chyz:

Nowhere in the Quran do we come across a statement like: “Obey God and Muhammad.” “Obey God and his messenger” is the expression used.

"Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, " (surah Nur: 54)

"And obey Allah and the Messenger that you may obtain mercy" (Surah Aal-Imran: 132)

"And when it is said to them: "Come to what Allah has sent down and to the Messenger," you see the hypocrites turn away from you with aversion" (Surah An-Nisa: 61)

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad sallalahu alayhi wasallam) judge in all disputes between then, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission" (Surah An-Nisa: 65)

"And whoever[b] obeys[/b] Allah[b] and His Messenger[/b], fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, such are the successful" (Surah Nur: 52)

"O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger and render not vain your deeds" (Surah Muhammad: 33)

"Certainly, there is an excellent example for you in the Messenger of Allah, for him who looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much." (Surah Al-Ahzab: 21)

You Just contradicted the Quran. Brother i dont want to argue but remember be VERY careful, i repeat VERY careful while declaring things about Islam. You just CONTRADICTED the Quran which is Allah's words!!!
It is VERY clear in the Quran that we should Obey Allah and his Messenger. Iblees will try to mislead us brother. We should not deviate from our Prophet(saw) teachings which is Allah's teachings.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 2:13am On Nov 25, 2010
azharuddin:

"Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, " (surah Nur: 54)

"And whoever[b] obeys[/b] Allah[b] and His Messenger[/b], fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, such are the successful" (Surah Nur: 52)

"Certainly, there is an excellent example for you in the Messenger of Allah, for him who looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much." (Surah Al-Ahzab: 21)

You Just contradicted the Quran. Brother i dont want to argue but remember be VERY careful, i repeat VERY careful while declaring things about Islam. You just CONTRADICTED the Quran which is Allah's words!!!
It is VERY clear in the Quran that we should Obey Allah and his Messenger. Iblees will try to mislead us brother. We should not deviate from our Prophet(saw) teachings which is Allah's teachings.

^^^It is quite clear that you are writing based on sentiment and want to prove a point. Nothing that i said contradicted that Qur'an. As you and others on this thread can see, what you have just posted only supports what I am saying. Do not take what I am saying the wrong way, I am only hear trying to let you know the truth, and the truth is all is in the Qur'an which allah has made fully detailed. The Hadith has nothing to do with Islam.

chyz:

Did The Prophet write any of the Hadiths? Did Allah not send him to teach the revelations and the revelations alone? Nowhere in the Quran do we come across a statement like: “Obey God and Muhammad.” “Obey God and his messenger” is the expression used. So, obedience to the Prophet results from his being the transmitter of the message. The emphasis of the Prophet’s mission as messenger has been made in all the verses except one in which the wording is: "Believe what is sent down to Muhammad."
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by azharuddin: 4:48am On Nov 25, 2010
Brother even I had doubts about Hadith at one point of my life. But I didnt know what a hadith really was back then.

Nobody is denying the fact about the Quran's 100% authenticity. The Quran says to follow our Messenger(saw) teachings.
Our Messenger(saw) explained the Quran to the ashaba(companions) in 'words and by action'. The ashaba taught the 'same words and actions' to other new muslims. These [i]'words and actions of the Prophet(saw)' [/i]which we quote is called the Hadith.

If you want to know more about how Hadith is transmitted and how its authenticity is verified, I will be happy to oblige.
May Allah guide you, me and all of us in the right path. Ameen.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2010
OMG,Av been shitting since morning during and after going through the link o,(CHYZ)gave us
Infact,am still shitting,may Allah save us from them E.G IBN IBN,ABU,ABU OF ARABIAN PENINSULA

I thought as much,that,whenever i read the YORUBA VERSION,its so clear to me,very easy to understand,i can understand all the verses av read,so why does the hadith needs to ex[plain the Quran when Allah says Prophet Muhammad should only tell us the verses,that he(Allah) will explain it to us.

I JUST FEAR OOOOOOOOOOOO cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2010
So in that case,whatever hadith that talks about the teaching of the Prophet that is not Quran based ,we should not abide by it simple,no IBN or ABU SOMEBODY SHOULD NOT COME LEAD PEOPLE GO HELL FIRE grin

God dnt say prophet should order killing of adulteres or adulter,he says they should be punished and confined to thier house(maybe to cleans them or purge them from any inpurity that may  arise from such unholy union) until death claim them(not stoning to death)or he gets exit for them(maybe,remarrying)

my two kobo,ni yin loluwa ran mi lowode,

ASALAMU ALEIKUM
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Abuzola1(m): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
Clap for yourself mr chyz for winning a follower.

So uplawal it was mr chyz that made u reject all this ? By Allah today i was just traumatize after our chat, hearing you say all hadith is of the devil, i was just like a sick fella today, c'mon why are u so cheap, i read this thread from the beginning to end, i saw you vigorously outrage at him and challenging him to give up his misguided doctrine eventually it turn upside down,

Have u started praying 3 times a day ?
How about how to bath janaba ?
Oh i remember, the 12th mahdi , is he in the Quran ?
Oops, lest i forget the Quran warn us of having unbeliever as friend, as a Quraniyun i expect you to adhere to the Quran alone by neglecting your christian relative and friend ?
The Quran was laud on jihad, how about getting a gun and go to palestine or even start right there in britain

it is hilarious you know, how are u going to pray salat since Quran didn't explain, stand like a statue ? Lol, where do u get to recite fatiha during salat, tahiyyah, etc, Quran or hadith. La'ailaha ilalah, it means somebody will slide away from being a muslim, is funny but a serious.matter
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Sweetnecta: 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2010
@Chyz: [Quote]You must not have read any of what I typed. Please read with an unbias mind. The Qur'an stands alone. Like I said, if it is not in the Qur'an then I don't do it period. Allah has given me instruction and command through the Qur'an and the Qur'an alone. Its not about how dear the hadith is to you, it is about following the teachings of Islam which are found only in the Holy Qur'an.

Please Go through this link and learn an Islamic scholar "Mallam":

http://www.masjidtucson.org/publications/books/qhi/qhi.html[/Quote]Thanks for your response. However who is the Authority on Islam among humans; Muhammad (AS) or others? If a sheikh or Ulama/Malaam is opposing Muhammad (AS), guess who is the loser? The Sheikh, Ulama/Malaam. Allah allowed Muhammad to have more than 4 wives, while the rest of us are restricted to max of 4, while before salah was commanded, it was compulsory on the prophet, while tahajjud prayer was a choice to muslims, Muhammad (AS) must performed it.

Allah says in many parts of the Quran, even from the beginning of Surah Baqarah that salah must be performed.
Surah Nur verse 58 speaks about the times that one can be in private, corresponding in two to after the salah (Isha and Dhur) before it and one the salah before the salah (Fajr/Suhr) after it.  Surah Baqarah verse 187, in relationship to starting ending time of sawn, Allah gave the dawn and sunset as the landmark time, whereas in Surah Nur, we have noted that there is Salah (Subh for dawn), hence to end sawm, there must be such an event, a salah, in this case Magrib. And in verse 238 of Surah Baqarah, salawat is mentioned to indicate a multiple daily salah (5 daily salah) whereas the middle on is to be strictly guarded. In all our effort, we must not forget that Muhammad (AS) used to make salah and others in his community used to follow him in this, even before salah was ordained, as we have seen, and even before he received the legislation (process) for it in his Isra wa Miraj journey as recorded in Surah Isra and Surah Najm, as it occurred while still in Makka. Allah says that Muhammad should be followed and obeyed, if one is a believer and a lover of Allah. Allah says what Muhammad gives you, oh believer take, and what he forbids you, avoid it. Allah says that one should hurry up to Muhammad (AS) when he calls for what one will receive is what gives life (guidance).
The Noble Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:238

Guard strictly (five obligatory) As­Salawât (the prayers) especially the middle Salât (i.e. the best prayer ­ 'Asr).[] And stand before Allâh with obedience [and do not speak to others during the Salât (prayers)].

I will now go to the website for knowledge. May Allah guide our hearts on the right path. Amin.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Sweetnecta: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2010
@Uplawal: A spouse has a way to have his or her sexual tension released, hence his or her punishment for illegal sexual activity should be harsher than the person who is single, having no spouse that is legal for him or her.

100 lashes not less is ordained for such single person. Do you think it shoud be the same for the one who is married, as well?

I can tell you that you can find a shekh that can say that no salah if you push him hard. The Halawi Shia dont make salah for example. How did they arrive at it?
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by Sweetnecta: 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2010
You can a "shekh" that give you what you want in his version of Islam, different and separate from what Allah gave His Messenger Muhammad (AS).

The Nation of Islam spoke about Allah being a man in the name of a guy called Farid from Michigan.
The Ahmadiyyan says about the death of Jesus in Kashmir when Quran says otherwise and being lifted up, and they say their was a Prophet even.
The 5 percenters say they are part of Allah, just like the jews.
The Wahabi can tell you that you can beat your wife, as long as you dont touch her face.
Others make their own brand of Islam. Sufism is a good example.

If Muhammad (AS) was to explain, how did he explain, except by Sunnah and Hadith. If "Hadith" or "Sunnah" is contrary to Quran, then it is something you leave alone. But to say because there is no commandment to stone a married person who committed adultery, is completely wrong, because it is part of the explanation of whipping the unmarried, except that the case of the married is harder. If Muhammad (AS) ordered it, why deny or avoid it?

I will aways follow Muhammad (AS) and those who follow him, until the stopfollowing him, then I will cease to follow them.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 1:55am On Nov 28, 2010
Abuzola !:

Clap for yourself mr chyz for winning a follower.

So uplawal it was mr chyz that made u reject all this ? By Allah today i was just traumatize after our chat, hearing you say all hadith is of the devil, i was just like a sick fella today, c'mon why are u so cheap, i read this thread from the beginning to end, i saw you vigorously outrage at him and challenging him to give up his misguided doctrine eventually it turn upside down,

Have u started praying 3 times a day ?
How about how to bath janaba ?
Oh i remember, the 12th mahdi , is he in the Quran ?
Oops, lest i forget the Quran warn us of having unbeliever as friend, as a Quraniyun i expect you to adhere to the Quran alone by neglecting your christian relative and friend ?
The Quran was laud on jihad, how about getting a gun and go to palestine or even start right there in britain

it is hilarious you know, how are u going to pray salat since Quran didn't explain, stand like a statue ? Lol, where do u get to recite fatiha during salat, tahiyyah, etc, Quran or hadith. La'ailaha ilalah, it means somebody will slide away from being a muslim, is funny but a serious.matter

I hope you are having fun making a mockery of the Qur'an, you will surely pay for it. If you don't believe any of the things I said earlier, believe me now. The Prophet did not authorize the use of any hadith neither was it but together by he or Allah. The Prophet was a messager, his duty was to deliver the message from allah which is the Holy Qur'an,which he did, not the hadith. Uplawal's eyes have been opened be proud of her. If she follows the Qur'an and only the Qur'an is she going against allah? Will she be punished?
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 2:15am On Nov 28, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Chyz: Thanks for your response. However who is the Authority on Islam among humans; Muhammad (AS) or others? If a sheikh or Ulama/Malaam is opposing Muhammad (AS), guess who is the loser? The Sheikh, Ulama/Malaam. Allah allowed Muhammad to have more than 4 wives, while the rest of us are restricted to max of 4, while before salah was commanded, it was compulsory on the prophet, while tahajjud prayer was a choice to muslims, Muhammad (AS) must performed it.

Allah says in many parts of the Quran, even from the beginning of Surah Baqarah that salah must be performed.
Surah Nur verse 58 speaks about the times that one can be in private, corresponding in two to after the salah (Isha and Dhur) before it and one the salah before the salah (Fajr/Suhr) after it.  Surah Baqarah verse 187, in relationship to starting ending time of sawn, Allah gave the dawn and sunset as the landmark time, whereas in Surah Nur, we have noted that there is Salah (Subh for dawn), hence to end sawm, there must be such an event, a salah, in this case Magrib. And in verse 238 of Surah Baqarah, salawat is mentioned to indicate a multiple daily salah (5 daily salah) whereas the middle on is to be strictly guarded. In all our effort, we must not forget that Muhammad (AS) used to make salah and others in his community used to follow him in this, even before salah was ordained, as we have seen, and even before he received the legislation (process) for it in his Isra wa Miraj journey as recorded in Surah Isra and Surah Najm, as it occurred while still in Makka. Allah says that Muhammad should be followed and obeyed, if one is a believer and a lover of Allah. Allah says what Muhammad gives you, oh believer take, and what he forbids you, avoid it. Allah says that one should hurry up to Muhammad (AS) when he calls for what one will receive is what gives life (guidance).
The Noble Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:238

Guard strictly (five obligatory) As­Salawât (the prayers) especially the middle Salât (i.e. the best prayer ­ 'Asr).[] And stand before Allâh with obedience [and do not speak to others during the Salât (prayers)].

I will now go to the website for knowledge. May Allah guide our hearts on the right path. Amin.

Sister you are idolizing Prophet Muhammad.It is not good.You are to honor him for being a messenger of Allah. The Qur'an repeatedly states this. None had/has the authority amongst humans but Allah. To your question, " If a sheikh or Ulama/Malaam is opposing Muhammad (AS), guess who is the loser?", im guessing your answer is the sheikh or Ulama/Malaam. Your way of thinking is tainted. Your question should have been, " If a sheikh or Ulama/Malaam is opposing Allah, guess who is the loser?", and your answer should be the sheikh or Ulama/Malaam. Anything that comes against Allah shall perish. Now, if they oppose the message(Qur'an)which The Prophet received from Allah then the sheikh or Ulama/Malaam is wrong.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 2:20am On Nov 28, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Uplawal: A spouse has a way to have his or her sexual tension released, hence his or her punishment for illegal sexual activity should be harsher than the person who is single, having no spouse that is legal for him or her.

100 lashes not less is ordained for such single person. Do you think it shoud be the same for the one who is married, as well?

I can tell you that you can find a shekh that can say that no salah if you push him hard. The Halawi Shia dont make salah for example. How did they arrive at it?

Sweetnecta you should be guiding her with verses from the Holy Qur'an that deal with that matter. All is within the Qur'an. If it states in the Qur'an that 100 lashes she must receive then that is what she should receive;however, it does not state it in the Holy Qur'an then no one has the right to lay a single lash on any of the persons. Please, you should state the verses in the Qur'an that deals with that issue.
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by chyz(m): 2:59am On Nov 28, 2010
Sweetnecta:

You can a "shekh" that give you what you want in his version of Islam, different and separate from what Allah gave His Messenger Muhammad (AS).

The Nation of Islam spoke about Allah being a man in the name of a guy called Farid from Michigan.
The Ahmadiyyan says about the death of Jesus in Kashmir when Quran says otherwise and being lifted up, and they say their was a Prophet even.
The 5 percenters say they are part of Allah, just like the jews.
The Wahabi can tell you that you can beat your wife, as long as you dont touch her face.
Others make their own brand of Islam. Sufism is a good example.

If Muhammad (AS) was to explain, how did he explain, except by Sunnah and Hadith. If "Hadith" or "Sunnah" is contrary to Quran, then it is something you leave alone. But to say because there is no commandment to stone a married person who committed adultery, is completely wrong, because it is part of the explanation of whipping the unmarried, except that the case of the married is harder. If Muhammad (AS) ordered it, why deny or avoid it?

I will aways follow Muhammad (AS) and those who follow him, until the stopfollowing him, then I will cease to follow them.

The Nation of Islam and 5 percenters take Islam as more of a mental aspect the believe that Allah is the inner person. "Allah" to them is someone who comes to deliver the people, which is a human being. They do not believe that Allah is a spirit or a supernatural being. They believe once you are dead then you are dead, there is no physical place as heaven or hell. They are mere expressions of living good or living in a bad situation/suffering. These two sects are more of an mental empowerment for Black people in the diaspora.

Ahmadiyyan believe that a guy name Ghulam Ahmad was Prophet Isa who who came back to fufill the prophecies. This religion wouldn't have sprung up if not for the Hadith.

Wahabi, is a very strict and relentless sect that was caused by the Hadith. The hadiths help fuel the attitude of a people who were already domineering in nature. It turned them into barbarians. With the hadith it gave them power(evil) and gave them more of a "right" to treat women as subjects,murder people, and enslave people any how.

Sufi is juju. grin
Re: The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice by azharuddin: 3:40am On Nov 28, 2010
Surah Al-Nisa (4:115):
[size=14pt]"He that disobeys the Apostle (Muhammad) after guidance has been made clear to him and follows a way other than that of the believers, We appoint for him that unto which he himself hath turned, and expose him unto Hell - a hapless journey's end!" [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sultan Announces MOON Sighting For Ramadan / The Types And Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice / A Prophecy About Fornication, Wine Drinking, Musical Instrument - Hadith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.