Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December (2304 Views)

Why Do Igbos Always Stealing Rivers Last Names / Do Igbos Have A Superiority Complex?? / Why Igbos Always Travel Home During Christmas Period - Come Rain, Come Shine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by AstroG: 9:47am On Nov 19, 2019
raumdeuter:
To show off to the unfortunate ones in the village

Those ones that God picked their call and granted their wish to escape from the East will go back to brag to their less fortunate ones

Leaving East especially for Southwest is a status symbol.
Go to anywhere in the east and tell any babe that I will take you to Lagos

That is the most potent toasting line

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by LZAA: 10:27am On Nov 19, 2019
Afamed:

I don't respond to inconsequential thread. As you can see ,we are celebrating the victory in Bayelsa and Kogi . Next one is Edo and Anambra respectively
Ok sir
But we must stop igbo domination
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by FakeManna: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
helinues:

I now see reasons why your people flock en mass down here..

Our hopes and prayers for the Easterners travelling for Dec is not to come back again.. So that they can develop SE once and for all

You guys cant be developing others people's land and neglect your own. Its not done
[/s]
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by FakeManna: 11:35am On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Bro, lets be serious at once.. I have seen you countless times making some intelligent comments on this forum.. I mean something outside politics which few people are privilege to know about.

Honestly, I am expecting more of that from you cos I learnt one or 2 things from it..

You see this, quoting me on something unreasonable or derailing conversations , I am tired of it...

[/s]
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by FakeManna: 11:35am On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Exactly what I am saying.. If you are not sound upstairs you can't make this kind of comments.

Anyways, can you please take me out from your mentions or do you need to seek my approvals on every comments of yours?
[/s]
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by Charleys: 10:20am On Nov 21, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by Charlton9119: 10:22am On Nov 22, 2019
To spend the season with our families and loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by omoharry(f): 9:10am On Nov 25, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Yoruba man... South West is it Ogbomosho, Akure or ibadan that is biggest slum or is it Ado or Ilesan or okitipupa

Abeg which South West again apart from former capital which is Lagos and have been divided by Igbo and hausa with Ijaw tribes

Tell me one South West city that is better than Onitsha which is not a capital or more industrialised than Nnewi which is not a capital

Why is the average Yoruba daft and stupid ?
I dont think the OP intent is to steer up any anger or tribal bashing here ...It is just an innocent question that i found fascinating too. I too from the Niger Delta sometimes do wonder why so many Igbos travel to the east during the festive period especially in Decembers; even if it takes them to start their journey on the eve of Christmas and arrived there on Christmas day..It is just a question that requires a simple answer to educate others. Though this practice is not only peculiar to the Igbos but the Igbos travel more than other tribes to thier villages during the festive period and it is a big deal for them...Anyway sorry you took it the wrong way.
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by tpiar: 9:28am On Nov 25, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Yoruba man... South West is it Ogbomosho, Akure or ibadan that is biggest slum or is it Ado or Ilesan or okitipupa

Abeg which South West again apart from former capital which is Lagos and have been divided by Igbo and hausa with Ijaw tribes

Tell me one South West city that is better than Onitsha which is not a capital or more industrialised than Nnewi which is not a capital

Why is the average Yoruba daft and stupid ?

Two Ondo state mentions, one from everywhere else.

Na wa o.
Re: Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December by AmuDimpka: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2019
omoharry:
I dont think the OP intent is to steer up any anger or tribal bashing here ...It is just an innocent question that i found fascinating too. I too from the Niger Delta sometimes do wonder why so many Igbos travel to the east during the festive period especially in Decembers; even if it takes them to start their journey on the eve of Christmas and arrived there on Christmas day..It is just a question that requires a simple answer to educate others. Though this practice is not only peculiar to the Igbos but the Igbos travel more than other tribes to thier villages during the festive period and it is a big deal for them...Anyway sorry you took it the wrong way.

That is a culture

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pidgin Only / Idkabir Your Take On Ram Fight And Betting / Who Get Juju Pass? Out Of This Group? Opc, Bakassi Boys, Baba Suwe, Boko Harram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.