Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria (21972 Views)

The Hopeless Looks On The Faces Of Kogi Civil Servants On May Day / George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari / Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by dante0147: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2019
IF you ask me Na who I go ask ? Nigeria a da!!!
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by akdjr(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2019
I align with all the 8 implications you listed since I witnessed 2003,2007 & 2011 general election. I stop voting since then. What has bedeviled our electoral system was as a result of bad precedent already set by the previous political party in power. factoquote author=ENGINEERG post=84160241]Nigeria, a country endowed by God, would have become one of the best countries of the world. But since her independence, her leadership has been her Nightmare.

In 1999, over 20years ago- Nigeria returned fully back to democracy, but still, the leaders have been terrible.

Democracy, where the will of the people should be the hallmark has been destroyed by power mongers, so Nigeria democracy can be termed as autocracy.

Looking back, we saw the inglorious election of Morris Iwu, but we develop gradually during the time of jega, because we knew our vote counted then. But the recent INEC under Mahmoud has conducted elections that is taking us backward.

2 days ago, the election conducted in Kogi and Bayelsa, has raised eyebrows, because of the Impunity, Rigging, killings , security agencies compromise etc.

Listed below are 8 implications on Nigerians

1. In the future elections, there will be voter A party __

because voting is like wasting our time and risking our lives, because at the End, Power-that-be determines the Winners, people won't come out to vote again

2. Politicians will more take election as war __
because they will always want to march fire for fire..forget about the ceremonial peace accord

3. Thuggery will be more lucrative

Going by the recent elections,I wonder how these thugs and hoodlums that are used are empowered with arms and ammunition, vehicles, and I know they will smile to Bank

4. Many people become hopeless on Nigeria__

It's a fact that, with this show of sham, people become hopeless on having good leaders who can transform our country

5. Good people will run away from politics ---

Yes, I have seen many people who don't want to talk on politics, because its traumatic to them

6. Governors won't bother to perform to be reelected ---

This is true, because if I can't talk on anywhere I can talk on Kogi, it is a place I do visit. I almost cry whenever I visit, but at the end, the Governor won with wide margins..you know more!!!

7. Nigerians won't believe on anyone's Integrity anymore...

Na so o, I know many people who still think they are dreaming , because they believe so much on BUHARI integrity, and wonder what is happening in his era?

8. More Security danger---

Its another implications because in all these elections , the thousands of hoodlums that were empowered won't want to be idle, so they start arm robbery or kidnapping

Add your own too

..God bless Nigeria[/quote]
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Bennycollins: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2019
You are obviously mad! So because PDP did wrong the APC should be allowed to continue in that manner? Some of you ehn! Where did the OP mention or support the PDP in this post?? BTW I thought the APC represented Change?
Magicians:
The only implications am seeing right now is more fool being empowered to write lunatic rant on NL like yourself OP.

When governorship candidate were being slaughtered under PDP there was mp apathy. When PDP use military under Obj n Ebele to suppress the will of the masses there was NP apathy but when APC win election n the strongest opposition congratulate the winner that is why your father will start seeing voter apathy n more foolishness NP one should be allowed to post on NL.

Yo slap the madness inside u de hungry me I swear.

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by buchibrand(m): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2019
I watched even APC stalwarts live on Channels TV condemn what happened in Kogi. But I was so shocked this morning when the Governor of Kogi State (Yahaya Bello) on live televisions referred to what happened in Kogi as "few pockets of violence" .
No regards for the dead! This is truly CHANGE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Goddex: 11:36am On Nov 19, 2019
It's terrible
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by LabDNA: 11:38am On Nov 19, 2019
Introduce e-voting and watch electoral violence die a natural death.
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by MEGAWATCH: 11:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Magicians:
The only implications am seeing right now is more fool being empowered to write lunatic rant on NL like yourself OP.

When governorship candidate were being slaughtered under PDP there was mp apathy. When PDP use military under Obj n Ebele to suppress the will of the masses there was NP apathy but when APC win election n the strongest opposition congratulate the winner that is why your father will start seeing voter apathy n more foolishness NP one should be allowed to post on NL.

Yo slap the madness inside u de hungry me I swear.

This writter must be a Robot, prove me wrong if you are not
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2019
ENGINEERG:
Nigeria, a country endowed by God, would have become one of the best countries of the world. But since her independence, her leadership has been her Nightmare.

In 1999, over 20years ago- Nigeria returned fully back to democracy, but still, the leaders have been terrible.

Democracy, where the will of the people should be the hallmark has been destroyed by power mongers, so Nigeria democracy can be termed as autocracy.

Looking back, we saw the inglorious election of Morris Iwu, but we develop gradually during the time of jega, because we knew our vote counted then. But the recent INEC under Mahmoud has conducted elections that is taking us backward.

2 days ago, the election conducted in Kogi and Bayelsa, has raised eyebrows, because of the Impunity, Rigging, killings , security agencies compromise etc.

because voting is like wasting our time and risking our lives, because at the End, Power-that-be determines the Winners, people won't come out to vote again

because they will always want to march fire for fire..forget about the ceremonial peace accord

Going by the recent elections,I wonder how these thugs and hoodlums that are used are empowered with arms and ammunition, vehicles, and I know they will smile to Bank

It's a fact that, with this show of sham, people become hopeless on having good leaders who can transform our country

Yes, I have seen many people who don't want to talk on politics, because its traumatic to them

This is true, because if I can't talk on anywhere I can talk on Kogi, it is a place I do visit. I almost cry whenever I visit, but at the end, the Governor won with wide margins..you know more!!!

Na so o, I know many people who still think they are dreaming , because they believe so much on BUHARI integrity, and wonder what is happening in his era?

Its another implications because in all these elections , the thousands of hoodlums that were empowered won't want to be idle, so they start arm robbery or kidnapping

Add your own too

..God bless Nigeria

Your eight is perhaps most prominent.

What many people do not know, asides those who resided in Borno and Yobe States between 2000 and 2010 is that Boko Haram's first brigade of fighters were trained almajiris trained, used for electioneering purposes by the then Governor Senator Ali Modu Sherrif and then dumped after he won a second term. He had no more use for them. He then went ahead to ban "achaba", motorcycle riders in the attempt to render them useless. They got angry, teamed up with Mohammed Yusuf when he got back from his Jihadi training and started unleashing their madness on Borno and Yobe state residents. This is why Boko Haram hates anything politics and democracy.

They got killed by the army, Mohammed Yusuf got killed and when they broke out from jail, they metamorphosed into terrorists.

Nigerians are dancing around fire. It is flaming, but we are pretending to ourselves that, "it is not that hot."
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 11:42am On Nov 19, 2019
nku5:
9. The SS states will fall to APC and Igbos (masses not their spineless governors) will become leaders of opposition in Nigeria and will aggressively push the restructuring or secession agenda every step of the way

And then a referendum will be held and they will leave Nigeria so that Nigeria can blossom and grow into a Dubai wink
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by kingsmaila(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2019
ENGINEERG:
Nigeria, a country endowed by God, would have become one of the best countries of the world. But since her independence, her leadership has been her Nightmare.

Add your own too

..God bless Nigeria
I have decided to stop voting in Nigeria as our votes do not count.
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Ttipsy(f): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
implications is that Nigeria has fundamental political issues, Tribalism,, Religious,, party influence.,,

Let just govern ourselves!! Unity and one Nigeria isn't working as supposed to. imagine a state election looking like a war zone

Rip to the victims
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by hardeytarhyour(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
I know your Democracy must be under threat...
The Funny part of it is that YOUR DEMOCRACY ALWAYS UNDER THREAT WHEN YOU DOESN'T GET WHAT YOU LIKE, WHEN THE PARTY YOU SUPPORTED DOESN'T WIN that is Wailing and Fowl Crying Mr. Man..

Democracy is not under threat when PDP takeover Bauchi Adamawa from Apc, Democracy not under threat when Pdp won Oyo or (who told you there was not rigging or Killing).. Democracy not under threat when Supreme Court favour Pdp Zamfara against Apc the Imcubent and Led FG.
YOUR DEMOCRACY NOT UNDER THREAT THEN, before you Start you suppose to have address yourself as PDP SYMPATHIZER OR LOYALIST.
they even almost lost Osun But you will continue Crying DEMOCRACY IS UNDER THREAT.
Your Hyppcricy will never Do

1 Like

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by ravensckar(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
nototribalist:
Nigeria is heading towards the Rwandan genocide. Where a governor won't pay salary and still force himself to power by fire by force.

What is democracy when I can buy guns for thugs and go kill and snatch ballot boxes for me to win election
To be honest, Tinubu started that nonsense in Osun state during that rerun election. Then, it was adopted in Kano state. Now, it has spread all over Nigeria. Believe me, if APC had participated in Rivers election, they would have won by hook or crook. Democracy in Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

Tufia!
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by nlPoster: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kogi: mining

Bayelsa: oil

Strategic elections because the revenues are linked to the economic and international base.
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Apocalypse12: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
Abeg no implication make you go find where sit down ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by slowice(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
Permit me to say Nigeria no longer exist..the Nigeria we all loved and cherished. The one time, giant of Africa with great potentials to become the greatest black nation on the surface of the earth and one of the greatest and most advanced nation in the world has been totally destroyed by politics and politicians while we all sit back and play religious and ethnic cards. Bravo
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by blackboy(m): 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
INEC Chairman should resign. He has overseen so many questionable elections .. How could Mr President commend INEC? Just because his party won? They keep saying Nigerians are smart , let them show their smartness by charting a new means to conduct elections. This current method does not work. Not fair not true and no it
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
ENGINEERG:

Add your own too

..God bless Nigeria
Truth
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by torqque7(m): 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2019
Such a shame..now i see why kanu called Nigeria a zoo..how can one country have so many negative traits about it like this? I love the fact i have Nigeiran blood but i must say i have come to hate my dear country Nigeria..God punish all these bad leaders,unfortunately with all our prayers against them they still seem to be winning and taking over..prayers is NOT ENOUGH anymore. angry.

As soon as Gandolar won in Kano after all that was levied against him redhanded with video evidence yet he still won,paused the election and ran to Abj when he saw he was loosing and then abracadabra boom he unpaused the election andnwas declared winner just like that when we could clearly see,it was then i was sure that Free and fair Election in Nigeria was dead and buried that very moment so as long as this buharis regime is concerned election can never be what the people decide. So sad. Worst of all the developed nations have left us to our fate. cry

Anyway we sell state of the art vehicle diagnostic tools straight from America,tools that will even provide u with detail pictures of faulty parts in your car,top notch stuff..and we also do vehicle diagnosis..Anywhere in Abj.check my signature
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by maybel(m): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
nku5:
9. The SS states will fall to APC and Igbos (masses not their spineless governors) will become leaders of opposition in Nigeria and will aggressively push the restructuring or secession agenda every step of the way
In fact, this is my fear. If they( APC ) do what they did in kogi in any eastern state,it might lead to secession in that part. You don't force yourself on people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Magicians: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
When you have a father who is a robot, referring to anyone as one should come pretty easy.
MEGAWATCH:

This writter must be a Robot, prove me wrong if you are not
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Magicians: 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mad people too many for NL this days. This despicable soul if you investigate campaigned for Ikpeazu O !
izombie:
you people are shameless. Why must apc copy all the bad things pdp did?. Apc has even made things worse. If truely you are for a better nigeria then you should be worried that a governor like bello still won election even after not paying salaries for months. His whole campaign was filled with "forgive me, forgive me" because he didn't have anything good to campaign with. Nigerians honestly deserve the rulers they get.
Na now your day break to develop ?!
You despicable souls never cease to amaze me with your level of foolishness.
ENGINEERG:
N20 gold circle would have prevented this this thing/fool to give this comment...we want to develop, he want to retrogress...perish dear

ENGINEERG:
N20 gold circle would have prevented this this thing/fool to give this comment...we want to develop, he want to retrogress...perish dear

charliboy654:

I didn't know it was competition of between the two party. If pdp is bsd apc most be badder. That's how it is abi?
Na competition of who bad pass.
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nigeria is on autoreverse, no thanks to Buhari. Forget it, it is all over for the jungle called Nigeria
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by nku5: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
madridsta007:

And then a referendum will be held and they will leave Nigeria so that Nigeria can blossom and grow into a Dubai wink

Insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Dreadful: 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
nku5:
Must it only be the Igbos why won't you join? You see why we call you cowards??
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Legendguru: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by EngrchidiG25(m): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
With this write up Nigerian has not gotten to the level of practising DEMOCRACY
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
capitalzero:

you are actually right but it is surprising most people are just getting to know. elected leaders are representative of society. if majority in society are thugs,illiterates, corrupt, emerged leaders in any election would be thug,illiterate and corrupt as well. of course,there re exemption to every rule. nigerian society has lost moral values. people promote vices directly or indirectly. what is delaying total anarchy is religion hypocrisy. as more youths are embracing atheism and septic about religion, we will witness dystopia and collapse of social order.
I see why Nigeria not PDP or APC is a misery

Some sense below 1$
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Weirdgee: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
Next level kill UNA
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by showafrica(m): 2:13am On Nov 20, 2019
iAudio:
Your points are valid. Instead of progressing, We are retrogressing on per second level.

I have stopped going to the polls since obj and moris iwu time but Jega made me want to consider going again but Buhari era just reset my brain. The best approach for every youth is to boycott election in Nigeria. Its of no benefit to us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Distributes Supplements To Pregnant, Nursing Mums / Amaechi: Ordinary Nigerians Should Choose The Right person To Govern / Saraki Reacts As Supreme Court Rules Melrose Received No Illegal Fund From NGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.