Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats (22709 Views)

Aliyu Abdullahi, Aisha Buhari's Aide Refuses To Disclose Her Whereabouts (Video) / Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation / Banbangida Aliyu & Abdullahi Maibasira Lead Atiku & Nasko Campaign In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by wink2015(m): 7:13am On Nov 19, 2019
EBMedia:
IgbereTV reports that Senator Aliyu Abdullahi, the lawmaker representing Niger North Senatorial District and the Deputy Chief Whip has disclosed that he's been receiving threatening messages since the hate speech bill he sponsored passed its first reading.

Recall that Senator Abdullahi proposed a National Commission for the Prohibition of Hate Speech Bill and death by hanging as punishment for hate speeches.

The Niger Senator who stated that he won't shy away from his responsibility because of the threats, added that the bill was not passed in the eight Senate because he left it alone at that time because the political atmosphere was already getting charged at its first reading.

“Like somebody wrote to me, over the past ten days or so since the bill was read for the first time, I have received all kinds of messages some even including threats. But I am not bothered about that. In all of these, if I receive one commendation, it gladdens my heart and I did receive many commendations and one stood out and said there is so much hate in this country. We must check it.

“If you meet those who have lost their loved ones arising from religious or ethnicity, intolerance, and the like, I don’t think they will be smiling with you when you tell them hate speech is nonsense or does not exist. They have felt, seen and are living as victims of hate speech,” he said.

“I reckon in my thinking that the atmosphere was not right for even debating the subject matter because, at the end of the day, we will be missing the point. So I did not pursue it.

“On assessing the reason why I introduced the bill in the 8th senate in the first instance, I have seen that these reasons are not abated. If anything, they are actually assuming a life of their own. So I decided that this bill be reintroduced and it was on the 12th of this month.

“They will demonise me, I am not moved because this is the subject of life and no one buys life in the market. Nobody came with a spare" Abdullahi added.

Misplaced priority !

Even in America, Europe and Asia there is still hate speech!

It does not stop the government from meeting the hopes and aspiration of the people.

In a democracy you should expect hate speech and be ready to tolerate hate speech by way of good governance and good information management.

Even if fake news and hate speech is disseminated it is the government responsibility to filter the wrong information and sending the true information but not by draconian decrees that is similar to the decrees Nigerians were forced to swallow during the past military government.

As a young democracy Nigeria must pass through this phase and as the economy advanced with economic development people will become happy and naturally they will start changing the degree of their criticism which Senator Abdullahi could be referring as hate speech.

This Senator Abdullahi is pleasing Buhari who is from a military background. Military by their nature do not tolerate dissenting voice.

Unfortunately Buhari is not a man that will change to a true democrats.

When Buhari was in the opposition prior to his election as President he was quoted to have made series of hate speech against the ruling Pdp government of which most of speech contains the use of blood and baboon. But the then President Goodluck Jonathan ignored Buhari threat words against his administration.
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Austineva(m): 7:13am On Nov 19, 2019
U never see anything yet
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by heckymaicon(m): 7:14am On Nov 19, 2019
Thunder
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by dederocs(m): 7:14am On Nov 19, 2019
Why not sponsor anti-looting bill?

What type of people do we have representing us, it's a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by zoer(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2019
Buhari the master if Hate speech......BMC follow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by lovchalice(f): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2019
Posterity will remember
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2019
threaten the motherfucker very well.
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:19am On Nov 19, 2019
Nonsense and Northern part of Nigeria....... Buhari should first apologize for his numerous hate speeches followed by his fellow blood sucking APC occult party members.......

Hope this hate speech is louder?../oya come and hang me let me bribe you as corrupt as you are
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by johncreek: 7:20am On Nov 19, 2019
What do we expect to hear?
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:20am On Nov 19, 2019
threaten the motherfucker very well.

infact threaten him the way we arsenal fans threatened xhaka that we would kill his wife and kidnap his children.....he will drop the bill just like xhaka dropped the arm band... we have vexed.
we have provoked.
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Jabioro: 7:21am On Nov 19, 2019
The senator,the bill sponsor should defined the word "Hate Speech" What word can be terms to be hate.. Oloribuku
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by BonPatrick(m): 7:22am On Nov 19, 2019
Stupid talk
nurex01:
Source??
Well, hate speech can leads to Conflict and from Conflict can escalate to Violence.

Let's all say no to Hate Speech

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 19, 2019
Senator Hate Speech Abdulahi
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by ebonytarki(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2019
If you hang the person that hates you, does that make you better?
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by ebonytarki(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2019
If you hang the person that hates you, does that make you better? How does hating affect the rule of law?
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by MedicH: 7:25am On Nov 19, 2019
nurex01:
Source??
Well, hate speech can leads to Conflict and from Conflict can escalate to Violence.

Let's all say no to Hate Speech

U are funny. Give me one example of hate speech. Na because of men like u we dey like this.
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Enemyofpeace: 7:25am On Nov 19, 2019
Imagine, death by hanging just for making a speech that some idiots considered as hate speech. This is a satanic government walahi

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by nurex01(m): 7:25am On Nov 19, 2019
BonPatrick:
Stupid talk
well, that's my own point of view. Yours might be different but doesn't warrant you abusing. Always learn to you words modestly

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by COURVOISier(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2019
grin
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Tonyspecial(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2019
God! Why Did U Make Me A Nigerian?
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by VanGap: 7:29am On Nov 19, 2019
EBMedia:
IgbereTV reports that Senator Aliyu Abdullahi , the lawmaker representing Niger North Senatorial District and the Deputy Chief Whip has disclosed that he's been receiving threatening messages since the hate speech bill he sponsored passed its first reading.

Recall that Senator Abdullahi proposed a National Commission for the Prohibition of Hate Speech Bill and death by hanging as punishment for hate speeches.

The Niger Senator who stated that he won't shy away from his responsibility because of the threats, added that the bill was not passed in the eight Senate because he left it alone at that time because the political atmosphere was already getting charged at its first reading.

“Like somebody wrote to me, over the past ten days or so since the bill was read for the first time, I have received all kinds of messages some even including threats. But I am not bothered about that. In all of these, if I receive one commendation, it gladdens my heart and I did receive many commendations and one stood out and said there is so much hate in this country. We must check it.

“If you meet those who have lost their loved ones arising from religious or ethnicity, intolerance, and the like, I don’t think they will be smiling with you when you tell them hate speech is nonsense or does not exist. They have felt, seen and are living as victims of hate speech,” he said.

“I reckon in my thinking that the atmosphere was not right for even debating the subject matter because, at the end of the day, we will be missing the point. So I did not pursue it.

“On assessing the reason why I introduced the bill in the 8th senate in the first instance, I have seen that these reasons are not abated. If anything, they are actually assuming a life of their own. So I decided that this bill be reintroduced and it was on the 12th of this month.

“They will demonise me, I am not moved because this is the subject of life and no one buys life in the market. Nobody came with a spare" Abdullahi added.
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by whatthefuck01: 7:30am On Nov 19, 2019
u be fool. hate speech kill you kill buhari. idiots. infact , i will see to ur urgent death at all cost if oda looters pass dat bill.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by whatthefuck01: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Emu4life:
Good one Senator Abdullahi.
This may be from those who derive pleasure in religion and tribe sentimental comments.
FFK and Rhino be warned.
Those whose lives are full of hatred will not like this but does the Lion care about the opinion of other animals in the Jungle?? This bill must be passed.
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by SOFTENGR: 7:33am On Nov 19, 2019
Emu4life:
Good one Senator Abdullahi.
This may be from those who derive pleasure in religion and tribe sentimental comments.
FFK and Rhino be warned.
Those whose lives are full of hatred will not like this but does the Lion care about the opinion of other animals in the Jungle?? This bill must be passed.

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by hisexcellency34: 7:37am On Nov 19, 2019
Threats kill you there!
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by viczo(m): 7:38am On Nov 19, 2019
what have you done as a senator as regards d bad state of federal roads in ur state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by clerkent(m): 7:40am On Nov 19, 2019
nurex01:
well, that's my own point of view. Yours might be different but doesn't warrant you abusing. Always learn to you words modestly
Bro he use hate speech on you already cal your uncle abudlLahi so that you both wil hang him.misplace priority

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by GODWIN78(m): 7:42am On Nov 19, 2019
dead by hanging should be to our corrupt politician,s looter,s,
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Jarmoskie12: 7:45am On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=EBMedia post=84160385]IgbereTV reports that Senator Aliyu Abdullahi, the lawmaker representing Niger North Senatorial District and the Deputy Chief Whip has disclosed that he's been receiving threatening messages since the hate speech bill he sponsored passed its first reading.

[/quo

let them proposes for death penalty for corrupt politician
Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by Moganajoe: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2019
fixedhollies:
Na death threats fit you... Our senators are bunch of illiterates. What is hate speech? What offense or kind of words will constitute it? Will it affect government criticism? Won't it be an instrument of crucifixion in the hands of the government of the day!

A country where court orders are not respected will be a total Jungle with hate speech enactment.

Such laws can only fit a saner country and government... where things are already working.

The senator himself is a hate speech!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats by lamalang(m): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2019
The man deserve beating

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Issues Protocols For Eid, Friday Prayers / Racist Polish Border Guards Say No To 'Indians, Africans And Middle Easterners' / Bigger Cargoes To Berth At Onitsha Port Soon – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.