Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

‘Most Music Legends Are Not Versatile’ – Singer, Simi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Most Music Legends Are Not Versatile’ – Singer, Simi (482 Views)

Aliyah And 2pac, Two music Legends That Died Too Early / 6 African Music Legends You Should Know / Singer, Simi Arrives The Falz Experience In Style!(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Most Music Legends Are Not Versatile’ – Singer, Simi by IamHeWrites: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2019
Nigerian alternative music star, Simi Ogunleye has deemed audience’s ‘unrealistic’ expectations from artist as one of the main issues plaguing the music industry.

Igbere TV reports that in a series of Twitter posts @simplysimi, she noted that Nigerian musicians are forced to cater to the same audience and switch their sounds to feed them.

According to the ‘Soldier’ singer, artists are forced to be versatile even when they have their own original sounds, as musical legends are usually monotonous in their sounds.

“I think one of the most trying things Naija artistes deal with is that we are mostly catering to the same audience.

“We don’t want to have to, but the structure of the industry makes it inevitable. We expect the same people to like Rap, street music, soul, pop, indie. Its strange.

“Strange for the audience because they keep messing around with your preference. You expect everyone to please you.

“Zlatan and Johnny Drille. Strange for the artist cos they keep messing around with your creativity. You expect everybody to like your music. A waste of time.

“So when I see someone tell an artist “you’re monotonous’’, it amuses me. Most of the legends are monotonous.

“Unless they don’t have a sound. Imagine Fela doing hip-hop today and RnB tomorrow or Whitney Houston – Soul today, akpala tomorrow,’’ she said.

https://twitter.com/SympLySimi/status/1196553158052458497?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1144890/music-legends-versatile-singer-simi/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: ‘Most Music Legends Are Not Versatile’ – Singer, Simi by Skyfornia(m): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Please who is she? Is she a yoruba actress?? I'd like to watch her movie..
Re: ‘Most Music Legends Are Not Versatile’ – Singer, Simi by Slynation(m): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2019
One can't disagree with her on this, Most Nigerians don't even know what they want...
In fact we are all mad in this Country....!!!
Re: ‘Most Music Legends Are Not Versatile’ – Singer, Simi by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 19, 2019
Everything she said is facts only. Musicians should just be themselves and stay wt their sound, their crowd will always find them. But pple want endorsements & money, so everyone seems to want to sing POP music to appeal to the masses.

Even olamide, ycee have stopped rapping & started singing to make money. Same way tiwas voice and sound is so good when she does RnB (like kelekele love, without my heart) but don jazzy had to move her to pangolo afropop music to make money.
Re: ‘Most Music Legends Are Not Versatile’ – Singer, Simi by ladilawal82(m): 10:03am On Nov 19, 2019
Why this long yarn? No time for time...

Summary: stick to your genre or what you know how to do best... Lobatan cool
Re: ‘Most Music Legends Are Not Versatile’ – Singer, Simi by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2019
ladilawal82:
Why this long yarn? No time for time...

Summary: stick to your genre or what you know how to do best... Lobatan cool

Her talk could be more eloquent, but shes talking to her colleagues and to music critics. She can't be that blunt, like some kind of know-it-all. Na una go still call am oversabi wey never reach.

(1) (Reply)

Ex Miss Nollywood International 2018 Seimokumoh Doutimi pictured With Her Mum / Bbnaija Star, Khloe Accused Of Having S*x Behind ‘school Mosque’ / Contact Me For Any Of These International Passports And Visas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.