Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm (7132 Views)

Can 5 Million Naira A Month Buy Me A House At Banana Island? / Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34 / Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm by mekushi(m): 1:21am On May 24, 2007
The statement credited to the President of Nigeria Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo through one of the news media that the president’s farm makes an average of $250,000 a day calls for celebration and a thorough review. At the exchange rate of 138 Naira to a dollar the General must be making over 34.5 million Naira per day and with an average of five working days the farming is grossing 172.5million Naira a week, with 50 weeks of work excluding 2 weeks to clean up and maintain the farm the Ota farm must be grossing averagely 8.3 billion Naira in a year.
Re: Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm by ogogoro: 1:36am On May 24, 2007
Reference please?
Re: Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm by globalaid(m): 7:19am On May 24, 2007
i beg make na leave us alone jare.
Re: Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm by joobreel(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2007
What do you expect of a big farm that is meant to serve the whole of nigeria (Operation Feed the Nation (OFN), now someone's personal farm (Obasanjo Farms Nigeria(OFN) . i was expecting a national property turned a personal property to be earning more than this. abeg leave uncle sege, he has to eat when he leaves the presidency. come come to think of it, there are these shouts over gulf money, what about this OFN? every politician of nigeria is corrupt!!!
Re: Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm by GNature(m): 10:54am On May 24, 2007
mekushi,

Please get your facts right. The media reported Obasanjo making N30 million a month (which is still a lot of money), not N34 million a day.

Obasanjo admits huge farm wealth

Nigeria's President Olusegun Obasanjo has for the first time publicly declared the income from his private farm in the south-west.
A spokesman for the president said he was earning 30 million Naira ($250,000) a month from his farm in Otta.

Mr Obasanjo had made the public declaration to quell rumours that he was stealing money from the Nigerian state, the spokesman said.

Africa's major oil producer is ranked among the world's most corrupt nations.

Despite the oil wealth, the majority of the population lives on less than $1 a day.

Mixed feelings

The BBC's Nigeria editor Bilkisu Labaran Ohyoma says that the farm is massive and diverse, with various livestock including chickens, ostriches, pigs and fish, as well as crops.

The grounds also include a conference centre, where Mr Obasanjo recently hosted a regional summit on the crisis in Ivory Coast.

Mr Obasanjo's spokesman Femi Fani Kayode said his farm was managed by professionals and much of the money was reinvested to develop the property

SOURCE: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4037633.stm
Re: Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm by blackchief(m): 11:21am On May 24, 2007
I hope after he retire and start eating the billion he has taking would not tell us that he makes 100m from his library.

i suggest we ignore the fool till he comes down from power.
Re: Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm by Wadomoi(f): 11:28am On May 24, 2007
u can shout all you want - how many businesses makes more than that daily - is it because he is the President? I guess he has the right to run his business and make it profitable - doesnt he? At least the man is not buying petrol stations, houses abroad, newspaper houses, hotels, etc like Atiku, IBB, Tinubu and many other does.

(1) (Reply)

BUA Cement Records 27.4% Revenue Growth Of ₦‎460bn Despite N70bn FX Loss / Africa's Top Producers And Exporters / Global Financial News And Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.