Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) (28354 Views)

See This Artwork Done By 10-Year-Old Kareem Waris / Artworks By A Nairalander, Kebi Arts / Astonishing Drawing Of The N500 Note By A Nairalander's Younger Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by koffsman(m): 1:43am On Nov 21, 2019
Nice work getting one when I have a kid
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by mamajaz(f): 3:00am On Nov 21, 2019
Bithub:
Very good work

But see. When you use brown/golden pencil use brown frame. When you use black pencil, use golden or brown frame. The contrast should help project your artistry more

Its a 100% for me. Nice work bro. Get a blog, upload your works.

He should do Churchill and Tonto Dike too, and present each of them the lost lover.
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by toprealman: 9:41am On Nov 21, 2019
NevetsIbot:
Good day guys.

I've been busy back to back to add all these to my portfolio on Nairaland so I made this thread to post my most recent works.

What's art if you don't showcase it right??

I'm open to criticisms, corrections and possible commissions.

Thank you
Where is your location/ cost.....with size/ timeframe to complete drawing
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Thatz not my point.
I understand drawing as in communicating an idea or telling a story to someone or in the past, as a form of storage, just like writing. But drawing a real person when we now have better forms of storage is just redundant.

"To show that you have what it takes to replicate things with pencil on canvas".
What a stupid statement!
You would have kept quiet since you didn't have anything meaningful to say.
I'm sure you know that people love to have themselves drawn or painted, especially lovers of art.
Everyone has got different taste. While people like you might see it as unnecessary, others like the fact that they're being drawn. Many would like to see themselves drawn in cartoon form( I do this so I know what I'm saying), and that is because they appreciate the art.
And If I go by your reasoning, then I'll say there's no need to draw anything, be it nature or human, since a photo can always be taken. (which is a senseless way of reasoning by the way ) It's like saying, why go through all the stress to go to a stadium to watch a match when you can easily watch it on Tv at the comfort of your home. It's not that those in the stadium are dumb, it's all about how they feel when they find themselves there.(Again, only people who appreciate the art would understand how they feel when they're being drawn).
A lot of people love it, that's why they pay for it, doesn't mean they're stupid or anything.

Here's someone who's good in the art.

"To show that you have what it takes to replicate things with pencil on canvas".
What a stupid statement!

It's not a stupid statement.
Apart from advertising so that people would patronize his work, why then did the op decide to publicize his artworks, if not to let people know he's got talent?

Not everyone has to see things your own way.
I'm sure you're not even a lover of art.

Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by Evangkatsoulis: 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Poor analogy. You get a better view live than on tv.
A photo will always have more details that a drawing.

I support drawing when bringing things into reality e.g. comic book characters, etc.

It's obvious you have no point.
Who's arguing whether a drawing possess more details than photos?

That is your choice.
While you might prefer that, others prefer to draw and to be drawn.
Like I said, not everyone has to reason like you.
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by Evangkatsoulis: 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

I know. But to me, na mumu things.

Someone's effort, time and avenue to make money "na mumu things" to you?
I guess others who pay for such are 'mumus' too.
Your reasoning tho.
you're entitled to it anyway.
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
NevetsIbot:

Wow . I'd love that.. can I get your contacts please
didn't hear from you
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by Robchuks77(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2019
Guy u too good
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by AjayOfficial(m): 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
Nice works
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
Nice drawings. More grace
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2020
God bless Nigeria
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by Chatflick(m): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
Tapout07:

Sorry bro. Pls can I send mine too. I've gat nothing on me to do anything. I'm on freemode right now. Forgive Me for quoting you here.
I'll remember you when next I'm giving out. It can be anytime soon. Happy New Year
Re: A Nairalander Shows Off His Artwork (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2020
Chatflick:

I'll remember you when next I'm giving out. It can be anytime soon. Happy New Year
Thanks bro for your honesty. Happy new year to you too. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kehinde Wiley Paints Obama’s Official Portrait (Photos) / A Nairalanders Drawing Of Hushpuppi - Nevetsibot / Chinwe Chukwuogo-roy 68th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.