Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke (17480 Views)

Where Those The Igbo Word Derived/emanated Frm,and The Meaning? / Goodluck’s Name Is Ebelemi; Its Not Igbo Word – Angry Ojukwu Speaks / Goodluck’s Name Is Ebelemi; Its Not Igbo Word –ojukwu ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Eziachi: 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

The above change seems more appropriate to me.

Anyone going to confirm that bit on Owere & "Chileke"?

God help us!
I don't really know what to make of this generation.
So you really don't know that Ngwa, Mbaise or Owerre people says CHILEKE and you're of an Igbo blood?(Just listen to Sir Warrior, The Apostles (Walton Arungwa) or Kabaka's music for few minutes and you will surely hear plenty of the word "CHILEKE".
Even my grandchildren, born and raise in Malaysia by my daughter born in Ethiopia raised in England should know that. No offence!
I believe the future of the Igbo race is the hand of people like you, but when I see a post like this of yours, it makes me jitter about that future. Though you are one of my favourites here, just I am a bit disappointed really.
Love!
As for becomerich the poster and his Igbo language lesson, you are always what you are, and never will become what you will never be. Expert on google map yes, on any other subject? Go and take a chilly shower.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by ChinenyeN(m): 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2010
Eziachi, of course, I knew about Ngwa, and I also knew about Mbaise, but I'm largely unfamiliar with Owere.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Eziachi: 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Eziachi, of course, I knew about Ngwa, and I also knew about Mbaise, but I'm largely unfamiliar with Owere.

Ok then, Now I can relax. Have a nice evening my friend!
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by excanny: 12:41am On Nov 22, 2010
Ibime:

Recently met Agbor guy called Ikechukwu. Asked him why he answers Igbo name and he says they have their own language but hardly use it.

You would have done a better job sniffing your nose around by asking him what the name of his supposed language was and informing us appropriately.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 1:05am On Nov 22, 2010
It tell you how violent nigeria is.

http://1thisglobecom/1thisglobecom/index.php?topic=92200.0

Watch this

Look I am telling I know people who know jonathan goodluck. I have nothing against him, Look I stand a chance of getting contract , that how nigeria works. but I am telling you.

Nigeria is not the USA. There would be civil war. Northerners would never agree. and even if the yoruba kept quiet, Igbo people are sturborn. ask any nigerian.

Do you remember this picture, this is what nigeria is.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Pmois5RNIeiofM:http://www.my-nigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Mohammed-Yusuf.jpg&t=1[/img]
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Abagworo(m): 1:08am On Nov 22, 2010
Quote from: Ibime on  Yesterday  at 07 :12 :22  PM

Recently met Agbor guy called Ikechukwu. Asked him why he answers  Igbo name and he says they have their own language but hardly use it.

[ikk]  22 , 800 (2000).  Delta state, Ika LGA.  Dialects :  A  separate language in the Igbo language subgroup. The  dialect around Agbor, the administrative and commercial center, appears to be developing into a standard form.  Further east and south from there, varieties become  more similar to Igbo (Report of the Committee on  Languages of Midwestern state: 12).  Classification :   Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue- Congo, Igboid, Igbo   More information.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Abagworo(m): 1:11am On Nov 22, 2010
There is difference between Igboid and Igbo.Ika is classified as Igbo kponkwem.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 1:39am On Nov 22, 2010
wiki again, anyone can put anything in wiki.

we have many group who speak other people  language in nigeria. I understand about 5.

Most people in the north speak 3  language. but they are not hausa, all of the president of nigeria speak 3  language. obasanjo speak hausa, yoruba, english.  Ibb speak 4 . Gowon speak 3. yar adua speak 3. Jonathan speak 3.

an average nigerian speak 3  languages. it is not like other countries.

all african speak at least  2  languages. it is hard to find someone in africa who does not speak 2  languages. In nigeria most people speak 3, more than half of the population speak 3.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 1:51am On Nov 22, 2010
nigeria is different, if I was running for president, I am suppose to increase my number of wivies ethnics group . Which over here is not. i have to pick up one northerner and may be an igbo, since i am yoruba. it is not the same over here.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by amazonia(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2010
Abagworo:

[ikk] 22 , 800 (2000). Delta state, Ika LGA. Dialects : A separate language in the Igbo language subgroup. The dialect around Agbor, the administrative and commercial center, appears to be developing into a standard form. Further east and south from there, varieties become more similar to Igbo (Report of the Committee on Languages of Midwestern state: 12). Classification : Niger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue- Congo, Igboid, Igbo More information.

Language and Dialects is sometime not a determinant of ethnic identity. Case in point, there are America
citizens in Wisconsin, Pittsburgh etc. Who all speaks English, have English names, but identify themselves as ethnic to their fore-father's original place of migration to America. Though they are America now, they revere their original German,Swedish, etc identity. And often, they can't speak dutch nor any other of the European languages.
You can see it clearer, when you look at the issue of some of our brothers and sisters born and raised
outside Nigeria. Usually, they are oriented to culture and language of their host country or community, but in their head as told by their parents know that, they are Igbo, Yoruba, etc, even when they don't know a word of the
language.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Abagworo(m): 8:10am On Nov 22, 2010
amazonia:

Language and Dialects is sometime not a determinant of ethnic identity. Case in point, there are America
citizens in Wisconsin, Pittsburgh etc. Who all speaks English, have English names, but identify themselves as ethnic to their fore-father's original place of migration to America. Though they are America now, they revere their original German,Swedish, etc identity. And often, they can't speak dutch nor any other of the European languages.
You can see it clearer, when you look at the issue of some of our brothers and sisters born and raised
outside Nigeria. Usually, they are oriented to culture and language of their host country or community, but in their head as told by their parents know that, they are Igbo, Yoruba, etc, even when they don't know a word of the
language.

In as much as you are logically right but did you consider the fact that the first language is Igbo and it has always been?The first settlers were Nri who were later influenced from interactions with the bigger Benin Empire.There has been recent attempts to re-write history but unfortunately we are at the IT era where informations can easily be accessed.The flimsy excuses given like

1 My own family came from Bini
2 We call God Oselobue
3 We have King while Igbos don't
4 Some of us bear Bini names etc.
are products of inferiority complex whereby you try to look for reasons to feel different and important than your fellow Igbos.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by amazonia(m): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Abagworo link=topic=553939.msg7191755#msg7191755 date=1290409819]
In as much as you are logically right but did you consider the fact that the first language is Igbo and it has always been?The first settlers were Nri who were later influenced from interactions with the bigger Benin Empire.There has been recent attempts to re-write history but unfortunately we are at the IT era where informations can easily be accessed.The flimsy excuses given like

1 My own family came from Bini
2 We call God Oselobue
3 We have King while Igbos don't
4 Some of us bear Bini names etc.
are products of inferiority complex whereby you try to look for reasons to feel different and important than your fellow Igbos.

Thank you brotha Abagworo,i think i understand what you are saying,
if not please correct me. I am not particular about which comes first
or
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by amazonia(m): 8:40am On Nov 22, 2010
sorry about that, i pressed a wrong key
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by amazonia(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2010
As i was saying, that is a matter of egg and chicken situation.
I am mostly interested in tracing by available methods all
possible links. And to awaken and reinvigorate these ties.
I see us though diverse, as of common origin in the distance past.
So it behooves us, because we are not in this geographic location by
accident. Even if one part or many break away today, we will still
be neighbors. So the physical reality demand we unite. Inter-communal
bond is one good way to know each other better and develop trust.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Sagewood: 11:59pm On Apr 16, 2011
Post and discuss more important issues that will benefit all. Topics like: how to develop and improve businesses in Agbor / Ika area, schools, infrsstractures, etc. Whatever Agbor people call God, blah blah blah and being different from the Igbos will not provide much needed development in Ika/ Agbor area. Wise up and grow up!!!
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Mekana(m): 12:33am On Apr 17, 2011
@Sage, on the other hand, does this discourse prevent investment and economic growth in the area aforementioned? THis issue is valid. we need to approach social discourse with open mind so as to glean from fresh ideas.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Myself2(m): 1:11am On Apr 17, 2011
@ BCR

What exactly is your point?
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by udezue(m): 1:34am On Apr 17, 2011
The Aro call God Obasi. FOOL. Chineke is just more common and wildly used by all Igbo regardless of where u come from. There are other words like Olisa, Chiokike, Chukwu like in English there different words for the same thing.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Sagewood: 2:15am On Apr 17, 2011
@ Mekana, You don't get it, do you? What is social discourse about what different people call God?. If you want real social issues, talk about domestic violence, effects of present day media on family, individuals, relationships, how govt or churches shape society and the individual, etc. The point is guys like you waste time discussing non- issues and the real issues, both social and economic take the back stage due to ignorance and low vision.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 23, 2013
becomrich4: So if I am telling you people to run when you can, then you must know ,that wetin I see for the satellite picture, na serious and I am telling you, we see trouble. and you people should run.
grin grin grin
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by nduchucks: 12:38am On Dec 23, 2013
Back in 2010, people did not know that Becomrich4 is really Olusegun Musiwa. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by cjrane: 1:54am On Dec 23, 2013
jason12345: @ BCR

why don't the yorubas in benin republic join us why the other way around?

I think it will do them a lot of good to join their kindred in Benin Republic.
I'm sure this thread was created by another yoruba goon obsessed with Igbo groups.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Abagworo: Osebuluwa is God the creator of the world.Oselobue and Osanobua might mean thesame.Ose is God while Uwa is world.Orisabruwa is an Imo version.In this case Ose becomes Orisa.Someone from Imo will answer Orisakwe while Anambra is Olisakwe but both are shortened to Osakwe.

Dude,Imo never used Orisabruwa until it was introduced by the Onicha/Idenmili axis,as Osebuluwa. Infact,the term got to Imo through the catholic church. The term Osebuluwa is indiginous to Enuani and Onicha/Idenmili. Stop claiming people lects. Just like you once said Onicha are Isu people. You are so pathetic! Be proud of who you are for a minute. Stop attaching your self to Nri/Eri and his decendants.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:27am On Dec 23, 2013
If Ika say they aren't Igbo let them ffucking be who they wanna be.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 23, 2013
Why are you so fond of typing in red?
Khalessi:
grin grin grin
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Abagworo(m): 10:37am On Dec 23, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Dude,Imo never used Orisabruwa until it was introduced by the Onicha/Idenmili axis,as Osebuluwa. Infact,the term got to Imo through the catholic church. The term Osebuluwa is indiginous to Enuani and Onicha/Idenmili. Stop claiming people lects. Just like you once said Onicha are Isu people. You are so pathetic! Be proud of who you are for a minute. Stop attaching your self to Nri/Eri and his decendants.

Keep hating on your brother because he's better than you. My advice is for you to stop boiling at the mention of the phrase "Imo State". We don't know if you exist and don't even care. Now go get a glass full of HCL and drink happily to hell.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
OPs point is that agbors aren't igbos, they are benins. OP, you are just jobless, I don't think you know anythng.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ajimobi Repairs Asejire Water Plant 17 Years After It Has Been Moribund / How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? / Breaking News: Gov Fayose Emerges New Chairman Of Pdp's Governors' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.