Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,730 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised (17708 Views)

Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / FFK On Obaseki: 'One Of The Most Important Virtues In Life Is Loyalty' / (The Igodomigodo War) why usman Dan fodio didn't Islamised Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by beerfraud: 10:49am On Aug 18, 2022
Femi Fani-Kayode, former minister of aviation, says he has “prayed about” the Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Fani-Kayode spoke on Wednesday in an interview on Channels Television.

Bola Tinubu, the APC presidential candidate, picked Kashim Shettima, the former governor of Borno, who is also a Muslim, as his running mate for the 2023 presidential election.

The development has elicited criticism from key stakeholders, particularly the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).

Before joining the APC, Fani-Kayode, on several occasions, had accused the APC-led federal government of Islamisation and Fulanisation of the country.

Asked to comment on APC’s Muslim-Muslim ticket in the light of his previous comments, the former minister said since he joined the ruling party, he realised that the party has “completely changed”, adding that the claim of Fulanisation of the country has been thrown out of the window.

Fani-Kayode said it is not about the faith of the presidential candidates but their individual abilities.

“We spoke about Fulanisation, that has been thrown out of the window now because power has been shifted to the south by the APC, the party we accused of that,” he said.

“Secondly, we spoke about Islamisation. Since I joined APC, I realised that, like I said earlier, things have completely changed.

“A situation whereby in this country today we have, no less than 20 Christian governors. The whole of the south-west has Christian governors, except for Osun state, which has now changed because we have a Christian governor who is coming in.

“A situation like that tells you clearly that the country cannot be Islamised and neither is our party APC interested in that. What is happening as far as I’m concerned is this, we have reformed and moving forward.

“Same faith ticket was a challenge but we looked into it. I prayed about it, I consulted, I spoke to Kashim because all along my position has been – it all depends who the vice-president is.

“It is not about the faith. It is about the individual and if the individual is a Muslim that I can live with, I’m prepared to live with that. I spoke to this man and Tinubu.

“The candidate himself returned schools to the missionaries in Lagos something that had not been done before. The candidate gave land to so many of these mega churches in Lagos when he was governor and since that time they have been granted licences to build churches.

“Go to the north, the vice, that is Shettima himself, I met him for over three hours, we discussed. I looked into the man’s eyes and raised a number of pertinent questions which I needed to be satisfied with and I was satisfied with his answers.

“He has built more churches in Borno state than any other before him and since that time and he won the confidence of many Christians. So the issue of Islamisation no longer arises.”
https://www.thecable.ng/fani-kayode-on-muslim-muslim-ticket-i-have-prayed-about-it-nigeria-cant-be-islamised

212 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Zonefree(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2022
FFK is speaking for his stomach. Starve him and watch him go astray.

278 Likes 16 Shares

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by beerfraud: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2022
FFK is a good Christian not Okoros that abuse Pastor Prof Yemi Osinbajo for good 7 years

246 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by TinubuThief: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2022
Zombie. This one na anywhere wey belle face. Tilumbu the criminal has already bought his conscience and senses tueh

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Ddokie: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2022
In Nigeria, if you are a politician without a germane source of income outside politics, it is convenient to say that you will not have principles.

If FFK had not joined APC as he did, he would have been dishing out verbal attacks of varying dimensions as per this muslim/muslim ticket thing. But as it stands, a man's got to pay his bills which ever way. He can't return to PDP - no space. So he has to remain in APC anyhow anyhow.

My advice to upcoming politicians is simple: have your source of income, and make sure it is healthy before venturing into politics. If not, you will find yourself doing and saying things you will be ashamed of but you will not be able to help it.

364 Likes 32 Shares

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by limeta(f): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2022
A broom for his brains
Fkk is finished

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by apache22b: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2022
FFK anywhere belle face

Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins have always been failures in the south east ,no visible infrastructure to show for anything ,yet he wants to become President. While Tinubu has been working so hard tirelessly carrying every Nigerian along including the so called Obidient's urchins .

Now to my fellow youths

If you want a bag of rice to go back to 5k

Vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu

For equity and good governance vote Tinubu.

Say no to Peter Obi even in your dreams.

Tinubu is Young , Brilliant, Energetic, he's an Enigma no doubt about it .

Tinubu has done it before and will still do it again and again shocked

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by mycar: 10:56am On Aug 18, 2022
Is shettima the only capable candidate in the whole of northern?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Tokskob2008: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2022
The next election will determine if the citizens of this country still want to continue suffering or not...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by duduade: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2022
FFK are you sure you heard from God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by ifeanyiatuadu: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2022
Ebee ka anyị ga ebinye aka?
Ebe esere madu, ebe esere nwatakịrị, mama ya na Papa ya.
Labour party ndi ọma ndi ọma

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2022
FFK... you are not that important to sort your opinion, neither does it count...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Wintertime: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2022
God bless Niger Delta region

God bless Biafra

Fani Kayode you are speaking well
Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by 9jaBloke: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2022
FFK smiley

Typical Nigerian Elite
Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Ibechris2: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2022
The only man whose only occupation is to support whomever is in power...

He is now a prayer warrior.

3 Likes

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by BIGDADDY000(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2022
WEREY DEY DISGUISE, just says the gods from revd dr. fani kayode

i will rather take buhari serious than to take This hungry man serious.

2 Likes

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Joey4321: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2022
Ehn. Wow
Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by NaijaGoBetter20: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2022
Prayer warrior....
Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Mrkumareze(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
grin very anyhow person, he has infected segalink with his disease..

1 Like

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by kingzjay(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
I see a serious Ballot Revolution in this country in the next general elections. It is time to take back our country. A new Nigeria is possible.

LIKE for OBIdient

SHARE for Others

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Acvhz7: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
Okay

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Uncletachi: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
grin
Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by bigdammyj: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
Noted.
Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
FFK the stomach infrastructure activist

1 Like

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Tochi3(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
Praying about it or praying for your stomach, na which one
Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by IKBARUTEN11(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
Belle structure priest thief of the cassavarian ordination order wants some validation

1 Like

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Tochi3(m): 11:20am On Aug 18, 2022
Zonefree:
FFK is speaking for his stomach. Starve him and watch him go astray.
Abeg I no wan laugh too much today cheesy grin

Wetin be the similarity among the following Cashtivist

Deji Adejanju

Segalink

Reno

FFK

Guess right and win a burning broom

3 Likes

Re: FFK On Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I’ve Prayed About It, Nigeria Can’t Be Islamised by Jokerman(m): 11:20am On Aug 18, 2022
Lol... this one don collect usual egunje grin.. Awon eyan Keyamo grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Die, 6 Injured In Jigawa APC Campaign Car Accident / Wike: I Never Knew My Opponent Till Days To Election / 2023: Saraki Tells Youths Not To Contest For Elections So As Not To Be Corrupted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.