Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Applying For State Government Jobs As A Non-indigene, Is It Even Worth It? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Applying For State Government Jobs As A Non-indigene, Is It Even Worth It? (385 Views)

I Have Lost Hope In This Country In Respect To Government Jobs / 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes / N-Power Volunteers Storm Father Mbaka's Church In Enugu, Beg For State Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Applying For State Government Jobs As A Non-indigene, Is It Even Worth It? by Baldwretch: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2019
Ekiti state government is recruiting into its civil service and I am still thinking about NOT paying the application fees since I'd be coming from a long distance. Transport is 10k. I am no indigene of the state, bu I am Yoruba. Also, Imo state is recruiting teachers and I'm not even Igbo.

Are these applications worth it or should I just wait for a private or federal government job?

If there's a 40% chance that I would not get in because I am not an indigene of the state, then please, I would rather stay here.

What do you guys think?
Re: Applying For State Government Jobs As A Non-indigene, Is It Even Worth It? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 20, 2019
It is easier to get Ekiti than Imo because you are still Yoruba.

Fear is the greatest weapon of under-achievers.

All men of break through overcame fear and lack of confidence.

Them dey use money pursue money. Apply for the two please.

If you lose the money and still don't get either of them and opportunity presents itself elsewhere, still do same.

Na my philosophy of life be that
Re: Applying For State Government Jobs As A Non-indigene, Is It Even Worth It? by Baldwretch: 10:23am On Nov 20, 2019
AkeNathan:
It is easier to get Ekiti than Imo because you are still Yoruba.

Fear is the greatest weapon of under-achievers.

All men of break through overcame fear and lack of confidence.

Them dey use money pursue money. Apply for the two please.

If you lose the money and still don't get either of them and opportunity presents itself elsewhere, still do same.

Na my philosophy of life be that

Wow, thank you boss. I'll put that in mind.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancies: A Job For You / Job Opportunity / Exxonmobil Internship 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.