Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

My Sister Just Lost Her Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Sister Just Lost Her Job (767 Views)

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job / I Just Lost My Job !!! / Nigerian Mum Who Lost Her Husband Is Now A Bricklayer WorkingTo Feed Her Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Just Lost Her Job by afoife: 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
Feeling sad now, my kid sister just called me up and told me she just lost her job with First Bank. I asked her what her plans are but she is confused. Told me she has been able to save up to 400k. Don't know what to tell her to invest in. She lives in ibadan.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Just Lost Her Job by Omonken: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
ice block production business is been overlooked by many... but has proven to be second to oil and gas nusiness in terms of money.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Just Lost Her Job by afoife: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks
Re: My Sister Just Lost Her Job by galadima77(m): 12:10am On Nov 21, 2019
Omonken:
ice block production business is been overlooked by many... but has proven to be second to oil and gas nusiness in terms of money.

Nice but seasonal

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Just Lost Her Job by nurey(m): 7:46am On Nov 21, 2019
afoife:
Feeling sad now, my kid sister just called me up and told me she just lost her job with First Bank. I asked her what her plans are but she is confused. Told me she has been able to save up to 400k. Don't know what to tell her to invest in. She lives in ibadan.

400k and she is worried depends on how strong she is currently. She can start raiding ibadan village for food stuff and sell as a wholesale and also package and sell as retail to her colleagues in the bank for marked up prices. Then they can help put the word out about her goods.

I started my Garri business with 60k a year after it worth 300k now. if she has a saloon or sedan, sell and buy a bus to help ease transportation.
Re: My Sister Just Lost Her Job by afoife: 4:08am On Nov 22, 2019
Thanks Oga nurey.

I intend giving her some money to boost her initial capital to a million. Just don't know what business to counsel her on

nurey:

400k and she is worried depends on how strong she is currently. She can start raiding ibadan village for food stuff and sell as a wholesale and also package and sell as retail to her colleagues in the bank for marked up prices. Then they can help put the word out about her goods.

I started my Garri business with 60k a year after it worth 300k now. if she has a saloon or sedan, sell and buy a bus to help ease transportation.
Re: My Sister Just Lost Her Job by nurey(m): 9:07am On Nov 22, 2019
afoife:
Thanks Oga nurey.

I intend giving her some money to boost her initial capital to a million. Just don't know what business to counsel her on

Let her divide the whole money into 4 equal places when you boost it into a million that's 250k each, let her start 4 business with it and see the one that moves, she likes and can interchange each other. eg

1. selling okrika clothes

2. running a hair salon

3. buying food stuff like yam, plantain, palm oil

4. Running a business center.

5. Drink production (zobo, yoghurt, kunu etc)

The one that moves and bring people everyday and is easier for her she can continue those and drop the rest.
Re: My Sister Just Lost Her Job by afoife: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
Thanks a million for these ideas
nurey:

Let her divide the whole money into 4 equal places when you boost it into a million that's 250k each, let her start 4 business with it and see the one that moves, she likes and can interchange each other. eg

1. selling okrika clothes

2. running a hair salon

3. buying food stuff like yam, plantain, palm oil

4. Running a business center.

5. Drink production (zobo, yoghurt, kunu etc)

The one that moves and bring people everyday and is easier for her she can continue those and drop the rest.

(1) (Reply)

Scam Interview Invitation / Why Mobile Crane Operator Training Is Worth It!!! / Copywriting Opportunities In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.