Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" (2219 Views)

Protest Mars Osun Staff Audit As Consultant Allegedly Calls Professor ‘Bastard’ / DSS Does Not Disobey Court Orders - Dr Peter Afunanya / Peter Afunanya: Abimbola, I Know What The DSS Really Really Does And Wants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by happney65: 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2019
Spokesperson for the Department of State Services, Peter Afunanya, has described a Nigerian professor, who called to inquire about the continued detention of rights activist, Omoyele Sowore, a "bastard".

In the 41-second telephone conversation exclusively obtained by SaharaReporters, Afunanya could be heard verbally insulting the caller, who identified himself as Prof James Segun, who had made an attempt to get an update on Sowore's case.

Excerpt of conversation

Afunanya: Hello, who this?

Caller: This is Prof James Segun from Campaign for Democracy. I want to find out more about Sowore's issue.

Afunanya: You are a bastard, get off my phone, idiot.

Caller: Hello...

Afunanya: Get off my phone, you are a bastard, get off my phone, idiot.

Caller: Why can't you respond in a civil manner?

Afunanya: You are a bastard, don't call my line again.

In recent days, Afunanya has been at the forefront of DSS' ridiculous bid to turn the tables around in their favour over the continued detention of Sowore and Olawale Bakare widely known as Mandate.

On Tuesday, the DSS spokesperson told a gathering of journalists in Abuja that they have refused to release Sowore despite two court orders directing the agency to do so because they fear he could be knocked down by a speeding vehicle if allowed to go.

On previous occasions, Afunanya had said that their refusal to obey the court orders was because nobody showed up to collect Sowore.

In yet another instance, the image-maker of Nigeria's dreaded secret police said that Sowore was yet to be released by them because he preferred to stay with the DSS.

Afunanya also recently told the world that Sowore was yet to be freed by them because his sureties had failed to come to the DSS for verification.

Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, who is representing Sowore, on Tuesday disclosed that all efforts by him to collect his client from DSS' facility in Abuja had been frustrated by the organisation.

Sowore, famed globally for exposing Nigeria's corrupt politicians, was arrested in Lagos on August 3, 2019 for calling on Nigerians to take to the streets in peaceful demonstrations to demand a better country from the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The government is accusing him of insulting Buhari and planning to bring down his regime, charges observers around the world have described as frivolous and laughable.

Despite two separate orders by the Federal High Court in Abuja ordering his release after meeting stringent bail conditions, the DSS has refused to release Sowore, casting a huge shadow over the human rights record of Buhari’s regime

http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/20/exclusive-dss-spokesperson-peter-afunanya-calls-nigerian-professor-bastard-inquiring?fbclid=IwAR0V-HQt2NrelqT8ZD6EYn0HW0IXuInOfMevwAIgScjkOQXg8p9kb8hRGg4

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by teadrake(m): 11:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Shame on those who appointed people with the highest level unprofessionalism into our public institutions. Shame on this shithole country!!!

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by Sirjamo: 11:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Why is it so difficult for his sureties to go collect him? I guess they are afraid that he would jump bail like his friend, Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by hisgrace090: 11:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
Uniform animals of the zoo in action.

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by johnmartus(m): 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Yes the prof is a bastard. He didn't read newspaper or online news radio and television is there for him to obtain information. Some people will be thinking they are important than other people.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by festacman(m): 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
Peter Afunanya is a mere mouthpiece of DSS. He says what he is told to say. I had expected Sahara Reporters and Sowore's camp to know this. Blackmailing him won't change anything.

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by Foxman19: 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
I have been monitoring your activity on here since early hrs. When i read all the comments you made today i can't help but weep for your parents.
johnmartus:
Yes the prof is a bastard. He didn't read newspaper or online news radio and television is there for him to obtain information. Some people will be thinking they are important than other people.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by LegendaryLover(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2019
i'm not a political supporter of sowore, but what blows my mind is DSS saying "a vehicle might knock him down if allowed to go". lol... as in how?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by OVIHINNO(m): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
Sirjamo:
Why is it so difficult for his sureties to go collect him? I guess they are afraid that he would jump bail like his friend, Nnamdi Kanu.
are u in this country at all? People just come online and spill trash! He's met all the Bail conditions. DSS have no excuse whatever holding him. I guess you are just reading about the story for the first or u simply lack basic understanding

5 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by ursullalinda(f): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
Foxman19:
I have been monitoring your activity on here since early hrs. When i read all the comments you made today i can't help but weep for your parents.

You just fall mugu....the guy was craving for attention and gave it to him

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by MrALIVE: 11:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
johnmartus:
you are a disgrace to your generation

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by sapoyoro(m): 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
Sirjamo:
a surety is only answerable to the court..
there's no extant law that back what DSS is doing..
stop supporting injustice or what is not good because its perpetuated by one u like..

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by sapoyoro(m): 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
johnmartus:
mo ma weep fun destiny eee ooo

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by sreamsense: 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
Truely, that prof. is what he was called! Is it on phone he will have to proof his identity as a prof? How will DSS know if he was truelly a prof or not? Formal approach is supposed to be adopted here and not to make enquiry through faceless communication channel. How can he behaved as educated illiterate ? If truely he wanted to help, go through Sowore's lawyer and get necessary information and if he is qualified as guarantor DSS is looking for, lawyer will tell you. Even if prof wants to call, must he call in the name of "Campaign for Democracy" that DSS sees as "gathering of touts" in the name of activism? Another thing prof is not telling us, is wheather he sounds arrogant when asking question? Intonation he used might result into psycological braw between them which he can never tell us here. Anyway, prof, sorry, no vex, try to go through Sowore's lawyer.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by johnmartus(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
Your parents must have give up on you .
MrALIVE:
you are a disgrace to your generation
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by johnmartus(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
Attention after 5 years on nairaland. Are you high on cheap weed.
ursullalinda:

You just fall mugu....the guy was craving for attention and gave it to him
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by eagleu: 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
It doesn't concern me!
It doesn't concern me, because I am not Dasuki
It doesn't concern me, because I am not El Zaky
It doesn't concern me, because I'm not Nnamdi Kalu.
It doesn't concern me, because I'm not Sowore
It doesn't concern me today, because I'm know that it will not happen to me tomorrow.
It doesn't concern me, because my people are not involved
It doesn't concern you, because you are not able to look at the mirror. When you do , you will see that it concerns you in every aspect.

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by content208: 12:55am On Nov 21, 2019
johnmartus:

Can you show us where the news is reported about the Sowore issue?

The rep of DSS uses vulgar words freely and you throw away your self respect and honor to defend it? If this had happened under Jonathan, wouldn't you have condemned it?

Like I told you earlier, you are a lover of corruption and emptiness; you are a promoter of bad leadership. You only oppose corruption and bad leadership when it is perpetrated by politicians from opposition party.

You aren't different from any of the corrupt dogs in PDP and APC. Yes, you aren't different.

If buhari should rape your mum in her sleep, I'm certain you will find a way to put the blame on your mum and exonerate buhari.

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by content208: 1:00am On Nov 21, 2019
Foxman19:

Education is designed to make people use their brains properly, but johnmartus' education seems to be doing the opposite to him. He is only deceiving himself that he hates corruption, but it is a lie. He loved corruption and will defend it as long as the APC is involved.

My prayer for johnmartus is that his life and destiny will become what Nigeria has become under buhari.

5 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 21, 2019
Mumu Southerners always taking the fall for their masters up North.
Just like Osinbajo cleans the mess of his master, likeswise Okadigbo and Idi Agbon who did in their own times, Afunanya's time will soon pass and he will return to reality alongside his 5% people.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by orisa37: 2:34am On Nov 21, 2019
Now on a fast lane and full speed to Fulanisation.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by Racoon(m): 3:04am On Nov 21, 2019
Power so intoxicate some people that they lost their conscience and humanity.Where is IBB, Abacha, Marilyn Ogar(Former spokeswoman of the DSS) etc today?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by Racoon(m): 3:05am On Nov 21, 2019
[s]
johnmartus:
Yes the prof is a bastard.He didn't read newspaper or online news radio and television is there for him to obtain information. Some people will be thinking they are important than other people.
[/s]
Remember, this is how Sowore started his journey into where he is today.Delibrately inconsiderate and wicked.The rest is histroy.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by Dedetwo(m): 3:41am On Nov 21, 2019
teadrake:
Shame on those who appointed people with the highest level unprofessionalism into our public institutions. Shame on this shithole country!!!

The Prof. James Segun acted like an idiot. In such a case, a wise person should not call a direct line of individual to ask about a person in the custody of DSS. I guess it was the so-called Prof. James Segun that recorded the phone transaction too. The ill-informed attempt on blackmail is a shame.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by Dedetwo(m): 3:47am On Nov 21, 2019
OVIHINNO:
are u in this country at all? People just come online and spill trash! He's met all the Bail conditions. DSS have no excuse whatever holding him. I guess you are just reading about the story for the first or u simply lack basic understanding

Please do not go this typical Nigerian crap on the poster. Blame the freaking system in the shithole called Nigeria. Do the court system in Nigeria not have bailiffs? The court should summon the accused and grant bail. It is the duty of the bailiffs to release him not DSS.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by LabDNA: 5:05am On Nov 21, 2019
Nigerians must get sense by force. You tasted a few years of democracy but your crave for slavery overtook your sense of judgment and you invited a man whose antecedent is at variance with democratic norms to come rule you.

I'm not moved by this propaganda. You sow in the wind, you reap in the whirlwind.

Una go hear wehn for this country.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by johnmartus(m): 5:33am On Nov 21, 2019
I'm not a partisan man. Stop tormenting me on this forum. What's your problem exactly?
content208:

Can you show us where the news is reported about the Sowore issue?

The rep of DSS uses vulgar words freely and you throw away your self respect and honor to defend it? If this had happened under Jonathan, wouldn't you have condemned it?

Like I told you earlier, you are a lover of corruption and emptiness; you are a promoter of bad leadership. You only oppose corruption and bad leadership when it is perpetrated by politicians from opposition party.

You aren't different from any of the corrupt dogs in PDP and APC. Yes, you aren't different.

If buhari should rape your mum in her sleep, I'm certain you will find a way to put the blame on your mum and exonerate buhari.

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by efighter: 6:15am On Nov 21, 2019
teadrake:

Shame on you. You are the shiit in the shiit hole. When Sowore was committing treasonable felony, where was the professor? Buhari will teach you all sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by efighter: 6:27am On Nov 21, 2019
eagleu:
It doesn't concern me!
It doesn't concern me, because I am not Dasuki
It doesn't concern me, because I am not El Zaky
It doesn't concern me, because I'm not Nnamdi Kalu.
It doesn't concern me, because I'm not Sowore
It doesn't concern me today, because I'm know that it will not happen to me tomorrow.
It doesn't concern me, because my people are not involved
It doesn't concern you, because you are not able to look at the mirror. When you do , you will see that it concerns you in every aspect.

1. When your brother Goatluck Jonathan was there looting, stealing and sharing our treasury recklessly, you did not complain because your sisters and brothers were getting part of the loot.

2. When Sowore contested for the office of the President, you did not vote for him because you knew he is just another politician and fake activist looking for a way into our treasury to steal.

3. But when Sowore said "let's join hands and pull Nigeria down", you were happy and cheering him.

Now, Buhari has put Sowore in a safe place where Sowore will not constitute nuisance and threat to our democratic process, you now turn to Philosopher and Multinational Speaker. Go on with your talk, there is Freedom of Speech, but watch it, because Freedom After Speech is Not Guaranteed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by helinues: 6:29am On Nov 21, 2019
And where is the audio of the said phone conversations?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: DSS Spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, Calls Nigerian Professor "Bastard" by teadrake(m): 6:57am On Nov 21, 2019
efighter:

Shame on you. You are the shiit in the shiit hole. When Sowore was committing treasonable felony, where was the professor? Buhari will teach you all sense
I recommend you visit the nearest clinic for MRI because you've clearly demonstrated you needed such. Professor's action was definitely not out of the line but since DSS in their usual way have no regard for due process and the rule of law, Afunanya or whatever name he answered to felt he can do anything. We are in a Democratic dispensation should you forget and let me also remind you that Sowore bail conditions had been long met so what's causing the delay?? I never supported his call for revolution even though it might what we need after all considering the recent happening in the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Early Moves To Checkmate Atiku / VIDEO: IPOB Security Network Opening Fire In Orlu / Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.