Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland (2225 Views)

REMINDER: OLD NAIRALAND POST WHERE REP FROM KEBI WANTS DELTANS KILLED!!! (2009) / Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria / 7 Year Old Nairaland Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 7:32am On Mar 21, 2021
An avid follower of Nairaland probably a decade ago will understand that Nairaland has lost her savours, interlectual caps and social media as the name goes. Those days as a teenager before l lost my account had men and women of substance whose wisdom and knowledge displayed on comments were another form of school. Even a passer-by will learn from every contribution made. Comments were rich in substance no matter the fallacies.

Comments were based on reasoning and not all this disrespect, insults, tribalism,hatred and teenagers masquerading daily which has made these gentle men and women go on ghost mood.

l agree that some of them are advanced in age now with families and may not be in and out of Nairaland but what happened to that culture?

These people were beyond just interlectuals but will assist you in almost everything. But look at Nairaland, these people who are highly placed in various governent agencies, NGOs and businesses by now that will be helping teenagers but are all on ghost mood.

The annoying part is how people now disrespect others for little or nothing. However, l pity the teenagers, undergraduates and graduates who failed to understand that some dudes here are millionaires and highly placed that can be of help.

This generation will know CAPLOCK. l miss you dude

Seun what happened? I think you deserve a piece of the blame for not policing this platform well. Some of your mods are highly compromised with enforcing and banning of a thing.

I missed the good old Nairaland.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by chatinent: 7:36am On Mar 21, 2021
Not prophecy.

You are him.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by darkwan: 7:39am On Mar 21, 2021
what is a Interlectual....??

does it taste nice....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by illicit(m): 7:39am On Mar 21, 2021
It was fun....

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by triple996(m): 7:40am On Mar 21, 2021
the whole madness began 4rm 2014 onward, niaraland have truly lost its value. the ipob matter makes things worst and this nonsence Yoruba vs Igbo stuffs. so annoying.
nairaland is now a place were people came to pour there frustration.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by GoldCircle: 7:42am On Mar 21, 2021
Many have withdrawn their comments and opinions and decided to keep quiet because of the numerous vituperations of the little ones.

There is wisdom in silence.

Many of us still follow occasionally.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Resurrection212: 7:48am On Mar 21, 2021
So you couldn't identify typo?
darkwan:

does it taste nice....
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Resurrection212: 7:51am On Mar 21, 2021
Honestly igbo should be blame for this especially the Anambra people. Then in 2005 that little was known about this internet rats Nairaland was very peaceful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Hummingbird8: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2021
The owner of this forum too is out of touch with reality.

No innovation at all. All he cares about is Ad revenue

Reddit is there as Model but NO, he prefer to enjoy the free traffic he is getting. Forgetting that nothing last forever.

Young smart minds are coming up gradually with innovation and Nairaland will soon be history

This i have seen

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Charmingrascal(m): 7:57am On Mar 21, 2021
Y' all shouting NL has lost its value don't even know what you are saying.

Till tomorrow you will still find comments that are full of substance and intelligence on NL but y'all just want to be claiming 'woke' and 'I too know'.

Even with the bants, the sentiment and tribal disagreement here, you will still find high level of critical reasoning here.

So y'all should stop the NL has lost its value talks.

Since 2011 that I have been on this forum I have always been seeing substantial comments and many intellectuals are still here.
Except for some few 'baby adults' who think NL is where to brag about Yahoo Yahoo business and their imaginary extravagant lifestyle.

NL is still full of highly intelligent people and if you think because people are divided along tribal and religion lines then NL has lost it value, then I will tell you that your assertion is wrong.
Don't blame NL blame your government who have succeeded in dividing Nigerians and it is not only NL you will find tribal bashing, it's everywhere, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, on the streets and even in the Office.

I don't know what y'all want tho.

The only thing I will suggest to Seun and his mods is that when you ban someone, don't just show for long you are banning him/her let them know why you are banning them so that they won't repeat the same thing when the are unbanned.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by darkwan: 8:01am On Mar 21, 2021
Resurrection212:
So you couldn't identify typo?

am askin if its tasty....

am hungry.... undecided undecided
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Rossikk(m): 8:01am On Mar 21, 2021
Nairaland went down when this ethnic animosity started by Igbo 'Biafran' dullards began. Then the Yoruba 'Afonjas' responded.

That was the end of Nairaland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:03am On Mar 21, 2021
darkwan:

does it taste nice....
"An intellectual" you mean

You need to frequent the education section.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by darkwan: 8:04am On Mar 21, 2021
Rossikk:
Nairaland went down when this ethnic animosity started by Igbo 'Biafran' dullards began. Then the Yoruba 'Afonjas' responded.

ipobians are gettin bashed today left and right....
if you want to discuss reasonable things,their are other threads....

politics section is always royal rumble....

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:09am On Mar 21, 2021
triple996:
the whole madness began 4rm 2014 onward, niaraland have truly lost its value. the ipob matter makes things worst and this nonsence Yoruba vs Igbo stuffs. so annoying.
Honestly, something l don't blame these folks but the situation of the country can make one go emotional but l am bordered that it's all norm now.

You will see a good topic and booms, tribal hatred especially we Southerners.
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by darkwan: 8:09am On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
"An intellectual" you mean

You need to frequent the education section.

wetin....??
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by darkwan: 8:10am On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
Honestly, something l don't blame these folks but the situation of the country but l am bordered that's it's all norm now.

You will see a good topic and booms, tribal hatred especially we Southerners.

royal rumble....what do you await....??

you think all northerners agree on everything....??
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Monogamy: 8:13am On Mar 21, 2021
NL nowadays is for the toughest...

If your level of tolerance is low, if your cup of anger is almost full, if you are unable to overlook attacks, trolling or abuse, NL is not a place for you.

People stopped proferring solution to Nigeria problems, all what they now do is blame game.
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:14am On Mar 21, 2021
darkwan:

royal rumble....what do you await....??

you think all northerners agree on everything....??
It's natural that humans will always disagree even twins do.

Northerners have proven beyond doubt that common agendum is above individual interest and that's lacking in South.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by darkwan: 8:15am On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
It's natural that humans will always disagree even twins do.

Northerners have proven beyond doubt that common agendum is above individual interest.

not true....their are many fractions in the north too....
you just dont hear much about it....

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:17am On Mar 21, 2021
Rossikk:

This comment is not funny but it's funny grin
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:18am On Mar 21, 2021
darkwan:

not true....their are many fractions in the north too.... you just dont hear much about it....
Explain?
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by darkwan: 8:21am On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
Explain?

look....boko haram is a example....

their is hisbah police that not all northern states have....

northerners are strange to southerners because southerners dont bother to know them....
people that lived in the north will tell you,northerners are not much different than southerners....

they have the same issues too....

barrier is language and religion....

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2021
illicit:
It was fun....
This guy that almost pissed me off yesterday. You no try at all.

How was your night man?
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2021
darkwan:

look....boko haram is a example....

their is hisbah police that not all northern states have....

northerners are strange to southerners because southerners dont bother to know them....
people that lived in the north will tell you,northerners are not much different than southerners....

they have the same issues too....

barrier is language and religion....
You are talking about social policing and deviants but l mean national interest.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2021
Monogamy:
NL nowadays is for the toughest...

If your level of tolerance is low, if your cup of anger is almost full, if you are unable to overlook attacks, trolling or abuse, NL is not a place for you.

People stopped proferring solution to Nigeria problems, all what they now do is blame game.
And you are among them. I learnt you are too shameful to use your old moniker, right?

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Monogamy: 8:30am On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
And you are among them. I learnt you are too shameful to use your old moniker, right?

I don't know what you are talking about....

And btw, don't you see this thread is communicating something to you...

Exactly what op is saying

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by darkwan: 8:30am On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
You are talking about social policing and deviants but l mean national interest.

i dont know....

look...you concentrate too much on maps....
dont forget,africans didnt draw those maps themselves....

blacks dont understand drawin maps....
if una wan kill una selfs over maps,then knock yourselfs out....

i wouldnt bother about maps....
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by capitalzero: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2021
triple996:

Nairaland let me know of post-election crisis in 2011 before it got to my base in the north. Most atrocities in the north were not reported in dailies. I was in the north then. Then I was a guest in nairaland. Comments I read in nairaland caused me to relocate.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by EKONGKING: 8:42am On Mar 21, 2021
ok
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Olatomiwami(m): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Y' all shouting NL has lost its value don't even know what you are saying.

Till tomorrow you will still find comments that are full of substance and intelligence on NL but y'all just want to be claiming 'woke' and 'I too know'.

Even with the bants, the sentiment and tribal disagreement here, you will still find high level of critical reasoning here.

So y'all should stop the NL has lost its value talks.

Since 2011 that I have been on this forum I have always been seeing substantial comments and many intellectuals are still here.
Except for some few 'baby adults' who think NL is where to brag about Yahoo Yahoo business and their imaginary extravagant lifestyle.

NL is still full of highly intelligent people and if you think because people are divided along tribal and religion lines then NL has lost it value, then I will tell you that your assertion is wrong.
Don't blame NL blame your government who have succeeded in dividing Nigerians and it is not only NL you will find tribal bashing, it's everywhere, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, on the streets and even in the Office.

I don't know what y'all want tho.

The only thing I will suggest to Seun and his mods is that when you ban someone, don't just show for long you are banning him/her let them know why you are banning them so that they won't repeat the same thing when the are unbanned.

Thanks for this your last paragraph, u hardly know y u are banned, only for the banned to come online with another moniker, and the bashing continue.
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by triple996(m): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2021
Hummingbird8:
The owner of this forum too is out of touch with reality.

No innovation at all. All he cares about is Ad revenue

Reddit is there as Model but NO, he prefer to enjoy the free traffic he is getting. Forgetting that nothing last forever.

Young smart minds are coming up gradually with innovation and Nairaland will soon be history

This i have seen
grin. falseprophets
y u change it moniker na
abi na ban??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu This Is Your Last Warning / Groups Threaten To Bomb Aso Rock, NASS, Others, Kidnap Burutai / Atiku Storms Enugu As South East PDP Receives Okowa As Igbo Son Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.